• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because everybody in the platformers series basically does nothing more than jump around? If you're doing that, then I can say Sonic only uses his Spin Attack and running while in a fight.

Defining what a character uses based on platformer games is just terrible.

^ Every single Mario RPG ever. And as I said before, saying that Mario doesn't use any of his hax in the platformers is bad logic because literally every other platformer character (Like Sonic) would only jump around and use none of their hax, even though they actually do. And like Cal said, Mario is absolutely devoid of a character in the Mario platforming games.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Because everybody in the platformers series basically does nothing more than jump around? If you're doing that, then I can say Sonic only uses his Spin Attack and running while in a fight.
Defining what a character uses based on platformer games is just terrible.
It's the main series. And Mario has tons of abilities in the series, they are all just power-ups. And just saying it's terrible doesn't change that fact.

Again, is Mario going to invite Goku to play party games with him and his friends because that's what he does in Mario Party? No, that's ridiculous. And I don't see why the RPG series should be any different.

With this logic, Mario doesn't have a leading move because he has no defined established mindset since it differs from the genres of each of the hundreds of games that he is in.

As I see it...this is hugely lopeside.

I mean, in what is Goku supposed to win? His only quantifiable advanatge (Kaio-ken) is nulled by Mario's Guard Shell DX apparantly.

Though, because it's in an RPG, it can only nullify damage 6 times in a battle. However, Mario doesn't need to negate the damage anyways, because Goku will need a lot of hits (even in Kaio Ken), giving Mario multiple opportunities to use any of his dozens of hax that can give him the win.

TheC2 said:
@Warrren
It's one of Mario's items that nullifies damage.
In what form does it come in? It is like a ring, or necklace?

Is it something that Mario keeps in his hand?

Does it have a timelimit?

Y'alls are acting like a single poke from Kaiokeb Goku is gonna murder Mario.

When he's getting the shit veat out of him I'm fairly sure he'll realize that he should throw Cappy or a catch card or start dancing.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Though, because it's in an RPG, it can only nullify damage 6 times in a battle. However, Mario doesn't need to negate the damage anyways, because Goku will need a lot of hits (even in Kaio Ken), giving Mario multiple opportunities to use any of his dozens of hax that can give him the win.
It only works for six hits?

Well because of Kaio-Ken, Goku is speed is doubled.

So how fast are all those haxes?

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Y'alls are acting like a single poke from Kaiokeb Goku is gonna murder Mario.
When he's getting the shit veat out of him I'm fairly sure he'll realize that he should throw Cappy or a catch card or start dancing.
No I am not. Goku using Kaio-Ken would be nearly twice as strong and twice as fast.

If Goku could use Kaio-Ken x10 - then Mario would die from a single poke.

What does Mario dancing do?

@Unoriginal Memes

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Stomp_Thread

"Superman (Red Son) versus Doctor Doom with speed equalization. Both may have the same statistics, but their abilities make it one-sided towards Doom."

This is one of the most common types of stomp threads that get treated as normal ones. Seriously, if you're arguing that Mario will use his sealing, has resurrection, time manip, possession, etc. then how do you think this match is fair?

Unoriginal Memes said:
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
And, yes, it is as weird as it sounds.
I forgot there was a Mario DDR.

Does it really give him Reality Warp, Empathic Manip, and Mind Control? Like how?

Isn't it just DDR, with Mario?

It is, but Mario has access to artifacts called the Music Keys in this game, which can do the following: mind control, manipulating the weather and emotions, healing, and even warping reality.

Tbh, he should also have Broadway Force as he can make people, animals, and even inanimate objects dance with him.

Unoriginal Memes said:
So what we have here is a character who just go to almost everything Goku does and go 'Nope' and proceed to hax Goku in to oblivion?

As DragonEmperor23 pointed out, how is this fair?

Like, I said, it only nullfies 6 attacks in a battle. Goku can easily get through that. Goku can even BFR Mario. It's just that Mario has a lot more viable options for him to win.

Honestly, could someone explain the logic to me in which Mario has access to all of his weapons and items in a fight? Wouldn't the OP have to specify which items Mario has?

And that, for some reason, Mario has the mindset of using all of these items to win despite the fact that Mario is the same character in all the games he has starred in, and acts differently in each game he each one of them, and thus wouldn't have a consistant mindset?

And, like Dragon said, if Mario has access to and is willing to use the dozens of hax abilities he collected over the many games he has appeared in, then how is this not a stomp?

Goku literally can't do anything if Mario would seal, slow him down in time, BFR, mind control, and transumate him at the same time with simultaneously dancing to Micheal Jackson's Thriller.

His mindset in the platforming games is non-existent. The only mind-set Mario even really has throughout the series are in the RPG games.

Given how the RPG items are listed as standard equipment on his profile, I don't need to clarify which items he has.

Mario does not usually use Sealing and BFR in battle.

Unoriginal Memes said:
His mindset in the platforming games is non-existent. The only mind-set Mario even really has throughout the series are in the RPG games.
Given how the RPG items are listed as standard equipment on his profile, I don't need to clarify which items he has.

Mario does not usually use Sealing and BFR in battle.
His mindset in the series is to save the princess and defeat Bowser. Mario uses his normal strength and/or power-ups to do this. It isn't non-existent. Stop spewing lies.

Just because Mario has more abilities that he uses in the RPG games, doesn't make those games the ones that define his mindset.

And I am saying that the profile saying that Mario has every single item and power-up from every game he has ever been in is ridiculous. Especailly since Mario finds those power-ups and items in the world on the journey to rescuse the princess, he doesn't inherently have them.

That last part of my comment was clearly satrical. So I am not commenting there.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Like, I said, it only nullfies 6 attacks in a battle. Goku can easily get through that. Goku can even BFR Mario. It's just that Mario has a lot more viable options for him to win.
Except you also said Mario wouldn't even need to negate the damage because he can endure everything Goku throws at him and then just hax seven ways from Sunday to win. It doesn't matter that the Damage Null is limited. What matters is the fact that Mario has layers upon layers of abilities that completely trivilize what Goku brings to the table.

Goku's only wincon is to beat Mario to a bloody pulp but given everything Mario can do, that isn't really viable given all the thing Mario can do him.

I'm saying that Goku will need to hit Mario a lot of times to beat him via superior AP when in Kaio Ken. He can also BFR Mario.

Unoriginal Memes said:
I'm saying that Goku will need to hit Mario a lot of times to beat him via superior AP when in Kaio Ken. He can also BFR Mario.
Goku can't BFR Mario, what are you talking about?

^^^

That's some of his mindset. But what he actually uses on his way there is not his mindset. You can't just say "This is what most of his series is based on, so Mario will just try to jump on Goku and occasionally punch him." That is severely underestimating Mario's fighting style.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Literally copy and pasted from Goku's profile: Teleportation, BFR, Dimensional Travel, Statistics Amplification.
That's likely from Instant Transmission...which Goku doesn't learn until after the Namek/Frieza saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back