• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Stat Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
I would like to include Mario's base attack potency without any items or power-ups. The Super Mario Galaxy series makes an extremely large jump in power compared to previous games. At most, Mario is consistently City level when he destroyed a castle with a hammer.

The same thing goes for Mario's base speed. By this, I mean running speed on the ground with regular gravity with no items or power-ups.

This seems unnecessary as Mario without powerups was able to defeat King Bob-Omb and other bosses in other games without problems.

I am bothered by the fact that the page says Mario is "At least Large Star level+" even though this was only ever displayed in the Galaxy series.

In the original games and RPGs, this Large Star level power was never shown. Base Mario is consistently much less than Large Star level.

The same goes for his speed and other attributes.

Mario can die from a moving turtle shell in the platform games.

I'm not saying to remove the others. I just want there to be some context with each statement.

For example:

In the (platform/RPG) games, Mario has shown (feat).

In the Mario Galaxy series, Mario has shown (feat) with (insert item/power-up).

That castle feat if you're referring to Mario world isn't much, it's higher than large building and he has a city feat in the same game (punting a castle).

No. It was displayed in other games like 64 where he defeated bosses empowered by power stars, which allowed them to create black holes and realms with multiple stars. Lastly he defeated Bowser when empowered by various power-ups and Miyamoto said that most Mario games are canon which each other.

To be fair, the Power Stars stated in Super Mario 64 were not all that powerful compared to the ones in the Galaxy series, to begin with.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_64#Storyline

According to the game manual, "According to the Bob-omb Buddies, someone...or something...has suddenly attacked the castle and stolen the "Power Stars". These stars protect the castle; with the stars in his control, the beast plans to take over the Mushroom Castle."

Their use and Bowser's end-game seem small compared to the Galaxy series Power Stars.

I'm not arguing about canonicity, I'm arguing about context.

So you are saying that a being powered by a Power Star can't have a durability lower than an actual star.

This seem more of "Wank" thread than an actual thread. The power star have beem shown to create galaxies and realms and such. And as the thread we made on what the power stars do (as @Dark649 linked) mario is able to defeat enemies empowered by power stars.

I'm not saying that Power Stars don't grant "Power." I'm asking if the boss monsters really have Star Level durability. After seeing the first Kamella in SMG get taken down by three thrown green shells, I have my doubts. The bosses seem like glass cannons if anything.

Do you understand what I'm saying, though? Durability has yet to be measured for the bosses.

The bosses are not glass cannons, it's game mechanic that most of these requires three hits to be defeated.

The green shells are being thrown with Mario's strength, so that still counts as Mario landing hits.

And yes, the bosses are being empowered by objects that can create entire realms that contain stars. That means they have star level durability. What's hard to understand about that?

Even if it didn't work like that, Mario can still take hits from them and can trade blows with opponents that can harm him. Regardless, it's physically impossible for glass cannons to exist, as their body wouldn't be able to withstand the energy it exherts.

This is why I'm asking for context in the revision. This Star Level Power was never implemented until Galaxy and it's lore. Previos game entries didn't even imply this. It doesn't help that Mario can be taken out by normal thwomps in M64.

Actually the star level power was implemented since its introduction and the twomps thing is game mechanic.

Regardless, all I'm asking for at the end of the day is game citation. In the Galaxy series, he showed Star Level feats. In the platformers, he showed city level strength. In the platformers, he showed superhuman running speed. Is this too much to ask.

Miyamoto said that most mario games connect with each other even with different series. Mario strength doesn't varies between games.

Yes. It is. Because that's not how it works. That's like saying Goku only showed universal stats in the BoG Saga, or that Super Sonic only showed Large Planet or above stats in 3-D games.

Also, Superhuman? Lol.

I'm not denying any of his feats. I just want it to show when it happened. For example, at the age of 20 Bob could run 10 m/s. At age 30, Bob could run 30 m/s.

Does this mean that the Shroob Bomb that officially KO'd Mario and Luigi near the beginning of Partners in Time was Star Level?

So, what? This is the same as Goku casual ki blasts not blowing up the planet in his strongest forms after the Vegeta Saga and onwards.

Goku purposefully tries not to blow up the planet and holds back. Vegeta even said that he holds back during his fight with Android 18 in the Android Saga.

This compliant is useless, the thread is resolved and i will ask someone to close it.

If a black hole could destroy and recreate the Mario Universe in Mario Galaxy, why couldn't a Star Level explosion destroy the village let alone the planet in Partners in Time.

If the writing is inconsistant, then it would support my claim that Game citations are needed for each feat.

A lot of verses can have moments of bad writing, but that doesn't undo their feats.

I just want citations. You can have both the star durability and... city? durability up. I just think it would be appropriate to say each happened in so and so game title.

The Mario and Luigi series shows city-ish durability feats. The Galaxy series shows star level feats. Both are valid. They just take place at different times.

A similar thing to this is Sephiroth from Final Fantasy. He is Dwarf Star level, yet he needed Meteor in order to destroy the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back