• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin Regeneration Downgrade (High-Godly to Mid-Godly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I don't know why I'm even arguing when you literally have staff telling you what the standards are and you just keep going "no it's like this trust me bro".

I proved source is even more fundamental aspects of one's existence so High Godly regen. Now if one want to use Type 3 arguement which doesn't state it cannot qualify, they need to prove regen from it is inferior to our standardized Type 2 regen.
The Source is currently a Type 3 concept so you actually do need to prove difficulty of regeneration is similar.

The Source is currently a Type 3 concept so you actually do need to prove difficulty of regeneration is similar.
And it's difficulty is indeed High Godly as per definition of high Godly. I am not contradicting the page but going with it regeneration from it has no proof of being inferior to Type 2 standardized concept regen to downgrade and contradict the definition. Now if we ignore the very definition and contradict it to accept the example, then the problem arise not with my take where I am going with both.

DontTalk will probably not be here till the weekends, so to save time, someone should please drop scans on how hard it is to regenerate from sources, or what happens when sources are destroyed since that is the thing OP is asking for I assume
It's perfect. There is anime version of Anos destroying someone source and he dead truly.

Pain, you are not new in MG. You know when source of each individual is being destroyed is being dead truly. There is no life after that. It's the literal definition of death. They did not get immortality type 8 for nothing.
And here I am thinking this week will be peaceful
Meh, I got frustratingly mad of a fact that Fuji getting harassed by other community in reddit and I got ******* annoyed that they somehow thinks relevant enough to harass people.

One need to revise the pages that "regenerating from atleast one more fundamental aspects of one's existence" doesn't qualify to say that regen from it is not comparable to Type 2 concept standardized regen.

Pain, you are not new in MG. You know when source of each individual is being destroyed is being dead truly. There is no life after that. It's the literal definition of death. They did not get immortality type 8 for nothing.
The thing is to come back from a blow that will kill you truly, you do not need high godly, any godly is fine. in fact mids and high attacks will kill someone truly and there is no coming back without those forms of regen.
That aside I am neutral on this whole subject, since I do not know what the page means by, "prove how hard it is to regenerate from type 3 is as hard as type 1 and 2" or how it is possible to prove that to begin with.

The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying information (Type 2) or concept(s)

Characters in the MGK can resurrect even after their souls being destroyed using the ingel as was shown in the case of Sasha and misha.

But if their source is gone, they would no longer be capable of regen or comeback, as source defines their fundamental existence of who they are deeper than body, mind and soul.

Destroying source destroys all of their reincarnations at once.

hence as our page says, destroying even more fundamental aspects than soul would qualify, destroying soul doesn't mean anything but destroying source does, all other things are just examples, not limited to them. It seems enough evidence that Type 3 concept that source is of one's existence defines them entirely among all of reincarnations, take it past or future or other. I Disagree as per what our standards says.
The thing is to come back from a blow that will kill you truly, you do not need high godly, any godly is fine. in fact mids and high attacks will kill someone truly and there is no coming back without those forms of regen.
That aside I am neutral on this whole subject,

since I do not know what the page means by, prove how hard it is to regenerate from type 3 is as hard as type 1 and 2" or how it is possible to prove that to begin with.
As long as we consider it's not contradicting it's very definition, it should be fine.

The thing is to come back from a blow that will kill you truly, you do not need high godly, any godly is fine.
This was not your question. Your question was "what happens if source is destroyed normally in MG". And I told you if you have absolutely nothing, really nothing and only source, you are still not dead. The true death when source is destroyed. Your existence is no longer existence. It's worst death to even immortals. Hell, this is why Anos is being feared.
in fact mids and high attacks will kill someone truly and there is no coming back without those forms of regen.
Idk this argument rn.
That aside I am neutral on this whole subject, since I do not know what the page means by, "prove how hard it is to regenerate from type 3 is as hard as type 1 and 2" or how it is possible to prove that to begin with.
No one actually did. Not even OP or planke, everyone just repeat it but no one actually gave a real explanation.

This was not your question. Your question was "what happens if source is destroyed normally in MG". And I told you if you have absolutely nothing, really nothing and only source, you are still not dead. The true death when source is destroyed. Your existence is no longer existence. It's worst death to even immortals. Hell, this is why Anos is being feared.
If the scans support what you're saying, this seems like a clear type 8. Not sure what kind of regen it would be

Really don't care about your bias. As I said there is no higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration. How hard to it is Regeneration from them? Yeah what's deeper Regeneration than Mid Godly? That's Clear cut high godly regeneration.
That is really dumb. Like, really dumb. Read the standards for high-godly again. The site has a very specific definition. Prove that the verse qualifies for this instead of spouting blatant misinformation

There are abilities and it regenerates your missing parts, hence mid godly.. This is not even my main point.

My point is regenerating from source destruction can't be in the same tier as regenerating from source.

You need to realise that. I don't know why people is equalizing two.

No one actually did. Not even OP or planke, everyone just repeat it but no one actually gave a real explanation.
My understanding of it is that one has to prove that the degree of difficulty or effort in regeneration is explicitly greater than mind, body and soul. Of course, I could be wrong, which is why I agree with waiting for DontTalkDT and actually posting the scans for this level of regeneration, so as to verify them.

That is really dumb. Like, really dumb. Read the standards for high-godly again. The site has a very specific definition. Prove that the verse qualifies for this instead of spouting blatant misinformation
Elde is not good at explaining himself, what he meant that source is more fundamental than soul, body and mind of one's existence which ppl are saying is higher lvl of mid Godly when the standard says it is high Godly by definition.

My understanding of it is that one has to prove that the degree of difficulty or effort in regeneration is explicitly greater than mind, body and soul. Of course, I could be wrong, which is why I agree with waiting for DontTalkDT and actually posting the scans for this level of regeneration, so as to verify them.
Your understanding is a bit wrong, because you are just asking to prove that the ability is HGR in the first place while... this is already definition of HGR for being greater mind, soul and body.

😕❤️

You can have better regeneration than someone with mid-godly regen without being high godly lmfao.
You better read Reina explanation. Concepts type 3 can get HGR. Anyway I already said I am not interested in this thread. Another thread already has enough information to prove source is type 1 concept. So i hope you people stop tagging me here.

You better read Reina explanation. Concepts type 3 can get HGR. Anyway I already said I am not interested in this thread. Another thread already has enough information to prove source is type 1 concept. So i hope you people stop tagging me here.
Nobody said they can't lmfao. The point is that they don't automatically get it

Elde is not good at explaining himself, what he meant that source is more fundamental than soul, body and mind of one's existence which ppl are saying is higher lvl of mid Godly when the standard says it is high Godly by definition.
He isn't saying that. He's saying you can't have higher levels of mid-godly, which is unbelievably dumb

Nobody said they can't lmfao. The point is that they don't automatically get it
Tarang, the point in the OP arguement to downgrade is that it's Type 3 concept so they can't inherently, regardless if it's more fundamental aspects of one existence than body mind and soul because they don't have a statement of being comparable to Type 2 concept regen. It's funny how source without being concept qualifies but just because it's concept it doesn't, as if being concept discredit it, we are forgetting that Type 2, 3, 4 is the made up terms for concept and not restrict them to other abilities of their.
He isn't saying that. He's saying you can't have higher levels of mid-godly, which is unbelievably dumb
Skill in not being able to explain himself properly tbh. Elde sucks, @EldemadeDityjon kys.

Tarang, the point in the OP arguement to downgrade is that it's Type 3 concept so they can't inherently, regardless if it's more fundamental aspects of one existence than body mind and soul because they don't have a statement of being comparable to Type 2 concept regen. It's funny how source without being concept qualifies but just because it's concept it doesn't.
I haven't agreed or disagreed. I was just correcting some weird arguments made.

Skill in not being able to explain himself properly tbh. Elde sucks, @EldemadeDityjon kys.
It doesn't seem to be a bad explanation considering he asks it several times.

Yeah...if the concepts qualify for type 1 and type 2 then they get it. Type 3 probably gets more scrutiny due to the specifics of the concept type
Moreover, it's due to rarity in my opinion because I think it more matters of if concept type 3 still acts as other types in terms of functionality, nature, it's status in verse.

Because the only difference between all types is not scope or its potency, it's more about conceptual functionality over an object.

Your understanding is a bit wrong, because you are just asking to prove that the ability is HGR in the first place while... this is already definition of HGR for being greater mind, soul and body.

😕❤️
Normally yes, but further information and description of the difficulty would be needed for Type 3 concepts specifically. I await that being given or DontTalkDT clarifying what is meant in that page. Until then, the premise of the downgrade is fairly solid.

Your definition of solid is a bit odd if yourself is not sure of the line itself. I fail to see how it is solid to downgrade a feat over a line yourself don't know whatever you claim is right or false and most of all, ignoring the standard's priority.

Because right now, the feat without even being concept qualifies for HGR, and the issue is only concept type which I find it more odd to rely on this type of reasoning.

Your definition of solid is a bit odd if yourself is not sure of the line itself. I fail to see how it is solid to downgrade a feat over a line yourself don't know whatever you claim is right or false and most of all, ignoring the standards priority.
I'm sure of my understanding of it. That said, I am self-aware enough to realize that if it's causing this much discourse then there's a good chance of me being wrong or it being more complex than what I assume. Hence being willing to wait for clarification or getting explanation on the regeneration proper to make further judgement.

So the feat is perfectly fine for being HGR, and you also agree that the character regenerated from mind, soul, body and one fundamental aspect of existence which perfectly fits the premise of standard.

The issue is with it because it's type.. 3? And not all that, it even still qualify if it functions as other types.

Lastly, you still put it in the same level as someone regenerating from source (regenerating after mind, soul and body destruction) which is in definition mid godly which in matter of fact, in the story a big huge contradiction and in standards as well and that's because source is labeled as "less fundamental" in vsbw while in the story it is not less at all.

And not lastly, even putting it as "higher degree of Mid godly" still don't even refute that they regenerated from source destruction which is regenerating from mind, soul, body and one fundamental aspect of existence.

The fact is higher degree of a regeneration is not based on (it can't be HGR, so put it lower but a bit higher) it is based on scaling chain, my guy.

Got it.

Last edited:
Kinda weird. HGR, atleast for me, has always been the thing where you regenerate from having all 4 aspects needed for you to exist (body, soul, mind and another fundamental aspect) being erased at the same time, nothing less. I don't know what "if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them" actually means, would be nice if someone provided an actual example of them.

Anyway, if this downgrade pass through, would someone with HGR negation (to concept) somewhat be able to negate character with resistance to MGR negation from this verse (Graham for example)? Since HGR neg is basically = you can permanently erase someone with HGR, and such thing doesn't apply to Graham, who's still alive after being slashed by Venuzdonoa, which can permanently put down people who has the ability to regenerate their source/concept (basically HGR, but let's put it as "higher-degree" MGR for now).

"if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them"
Imo, it's just there to mention that concepts like Type 1 and 2 inherently applies because of being even more deeper fundamental aspects of one's existence than soul but Type 3 is not necessarily that fundamental which is given since we accept even those kinds of concepts that are basically of unexplained nature, so they're not necessarily that fundamental, but saying it's contradictory to already proved HGR is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back