• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: UES and Scaling (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

The purpose of this thread is to handle the part of Maou Gakuin which none of my fellow wankers seem to be interested in... the scaling. I plan to later revise the current profiles as well lay down the reasoning behind scaling of profiles yet to come.
Before jumping into the calculations usually seen in scaling threads, I need to establish and pass two vital things which is the main reasoning behind it and these are multipliers and the nature of the verse energy system.

Universal Energy Systems​

In order to lay to grounds for how the characters are scaled, Maou needs to be indoctrinated into the list of verses that qualify for some kind of universal energy system.
Universal Energy Systems are a fairly common element in fictional stories possessed by certain characters to display incredible feats and powers, often being born out of fantastical or otherwise otherworldly elements such as Magic, Chakra, Chi and a myriad of other possible energy systems. Often the argument is made for a character’s specific powers to scale linearly to their physical statistics and other supernatural abilities in their arsenal, oftentimes being matched by an opposing view that these powers should be their own matter entirely.
UES Page
There are 3 steps for getting something accepted as a Universal Energy System
  1. You follow the criteria of a Limited Energy System.
    1. Powers that scale to each other should
      1. Draw from the same source of power (or can convert between the different kinds of power)
      2. Use up a similar amount of power to each other.
      3. Alternatively, it would also suffice to show that the user can invest similar amounts of power into any given technique, should they want to.
  2. You follow the criteria of a Non-Physical Energy System.
    1. A character or the system they are using needs to fulfill all criteria for a Limited Energy System, but for all techniques.
    2. They have to demonstrate or have reliable statements that all their supernatural or otherwise non-physical powers scale to each other in Attack Potency. Hence an increase in power / energy should correspond to a proportional increase in the potency of their powers and abilities.
  3. You follow the criteria of a Universal Energy System.
    1. A character or the system they are using needs to fulfill all criteria for a Non-physical Energy System.
    2. They have to demonstrate that they can channel their power through their own bodies in a way that quantifiably enhances them or otherwise allows scaling of their supernatural powers through their physicals.
      1. Hence there should be evidence that an increase in power / energy should correspond to a proportional increase in the potency of their physical statistics.
      2. In the rare case that it is relevant for scaling the reverse should also be demonstrated: That a feat of non-empowered physical strength applies to the amount of supernatural power. Visual evidence of amplification is not considered necessary.
Limited Energy System
A Limited Energy System is a system in which supernatural or other feats, that are not based on the characters' body strengths, neither scale to physical statistics nor to all other non-physical powers the characters possess. However, certain sets of abilities still scale to each other due to being part of the same system. An example of that might be a character that uses both Chi and Magic to fight, in which case a fireball spell may neither scale to Striking Strength or Durability nor to the strength of Chi blasts that the opponent fires. However, the strength of the fireball spell might still be scaleable to other magic, such as the strength of water spells.
There's primarily only 1 source of energy and that is magic power be it from magic items, people or found in nature all spells utilize magic power without exception. The amount of magic power invested into a technique determines how powerful it is or alternatively, is determined by how much magic power the caster possesses.
Looking at the 5 spells in the fire class –Grega, Gusgam, Gresde, Griad and Jio Graze– from weakest to strongest in that order, each require larger amounts of magic power for their activation. It is as well possible to overpower a greater spell with a lesser one if there is a large enough difference between the magic power of the casters.

Non-physical Energy System
A Non-physical Energy System is one where supernatural or other feats, that are not based on the characters' body strengths, do not scale to physical statistics, but still scale to all other applications of non-physical powers the character may have. That means if such a character for instance demonstrates a Building level fireball spell, they would not automatically be assumed to have Building level Striking Strength or Durability. However, if they have other spells, like for example water blades, they would be assumed to be able to output similar attack power with those spells.
An increase in the amount of energy invested in spells increases the potency of the ability and isn't limited to just power and speed alone but also the ability to overcome resistances

Universal Energy SySystem
Universal Energy Systems (alternatively called a Universal Power System or a Connective Energy System) are systems in which a feat, whether it is one of physical statistics (Striking Strength or Durability) or of supernatural powers (e.g. energy beams), would also scale to all other statistics. That means if such a character for instance demonstrates a Building level fireball spell, they would be assumed to have at least Building level Striking Strength, Attack Potency and Durability. If they have other spells, like for example water blades, they would be assumed to be able to output similar attack power with those spells.
Magic power enhances the properties of what ever it is used in. Channeling magic through a branch can make it harder than steel, in the story a weapon that has magic power is superior to an ordinary one regardless of the material it's made of, the wielder's power and should a magicless weapon clash against a weapon with magic, the latter will always destroy the former.
Weapons with magic possess power of their own which is further enhanced by the wielder adding their magic to the weapon while using it. Other cases portraying some form of amplification or enhancement include but isn't limited to;
Each of this done by utilizing magic power while performing the action in question.

In relation to physical abilities, one's physical abilities is affected by how much magic power they can use in their bodies. This doesn't mean physical prowess is entirely reliant on magic power but that magic power is used to further enhance one's physical abilities. This because before one can develop powerful magic, they must develop powerful physical strength first.

Durability
Ledriano Azeschen has more magic than his body can handle and as a result of this he keeps most of it sealed otherwise his own power will destroy him. By taking off the item sealing his magic, his stats are drastically raised to the extent of withstanding an attack that had previously overpowered him before.

The same can be seen with draconids whose bodies aren't strong enough to contain a God's power thus needing reconstruction to do so. Just as with Ledriano, the magic power they gain raises the durability of their body to withstand the excess power.

Striking Strength
Through reincarnation, one's memories and power can be lost however, those skilled in source magic are able to completely inherit/pass on the memories, power from their past life. Upon reincarnating, one only has access to a tenth of the magic power they had in their past life and completely acquire the remaining once the reincarnation is complete however, the power contained in one's source isn't affected by reincarnation, what changes instead is the body's efficiency at using the magic power.
A demon who reincarnated states in her past life, she wasn't as strong as she currently is– physically at least. The reason for their new found strength is their body which has Anos blood flowing through it. Essentially their reincarnated self has a body with better magic efficiency, physical abilities, these two things coupled with completely inheriting the magic of her past life makes her current self stronger than she was before.

Complete reincarnation refers to the full inheritance of memories and magic power from one's past life. By gaining their past magic power their physical statistics are raised to the same level as their former self and they can become even stronger if their new vessel has better physical prowess, compatibility with their magic.

Speed
A group of humans are told to run to a location within a particular timeframe without using magic power which implies they will be faster were they to have used it.

Linka has her magic power hindered partially by Sasha's magic eye's. Upon eliminating Sasha which removes the hindrance on her magic power she immediately blitzes Misha who had been keeping up with her the entire fight.

Sylvia is able to match Lay Grandsley who became faster than her and becomes faster than him in a short timeframe.
The number of <Gaddez> wings increased from four to eight. The release of magical power was so monstrous that its density seemed to distort the field of vision.
[...]
Sylvia turned into the divine wind and became close to the couple. Even though they were moving around in <Lover Aske>, Sylvia managed to practically keep up with them.
[...]
She unleashed a series of storm-like blows on them, but Misa lying in Lay's arms began to fight them off with the sword of intent, which she covered with <Lover Aske>. In speed they were almost equal to each other - the incredible magic of love between Lay and Misa, Sylvia opposed <Gaddez> with such power that it undermined her own source.

A suicide attack that reduces lifespan and turns it into magical power. But even this was not enough for her to compare with Lay and Misa.
[...]
They tried to overpower each other, straining with all their might. I think Lay initiated this. In terms of speed, Sylvia, who invested all her magical power without a trace, had a slight superiority, but in the clash of swords, the advantage was on the side of Lay and Misa, because they were united in body and soul, and could apply their common strength.
~Web Novel Chapter 294
Sasha and Misha fuse to catch up with Anos and Arcana. Their fusion leads to an increase in the amount of magic they possess.
I'll go first.

I flew along the celestial canopy covering the sky of the underground depths in an instant, like light. Only Arcana could barely keep up with my speed in flight.
[...]
To increase her flight speed, she merged with Misha into Aisha.

Misa also revealed her true identity as Avos Dilhevia and caught up with us along with Lay.
~Web Novel Chapter 273​
By releasing magic power , Anos is able to propel himself to instantly travel long distances.
I planted my feet on the floor, properly poured magic power into them and jumped. The floor split with a roar and at the same moment I turned into a light arrow. Rushing straight towards Forth Ronal Reef's palace, I made my way through the destroyed outer wall and arrived at the place where Wenzel was imprisoned.
~Web Novel Chapter 409​
Kostoria's spells absorb magic power when they collide with any surface which doubles their power and speed with each collision.
The scattered dark green magic projectiles collided with <Enne Ijeria>, flattened, and bounced off in the opposite direction.
[...]
Using group scripture magic, they deployed a magical barrier. The shells easily pierced through five of its six layers, and when they collided with the sixth, they bounced off again in the opposite direction at a newly increased speed.

Likewise, six of the <Rail Friel> projectiles collided with barriers and walls and bounced back again, breaking them. With each bounce from the barrier and magical screen, their power and speed more than doubled.
[...]
A very interesting formula. The projectiles absorb the magical power of whatever they hit, bounce back, and therefore destroy each other when they collide.
~Web Novel Chapter 527​

Lifting Strength
Arcana's physical strength surpasses Shin Reglia's because of the magic power she gained from consuming various Gods.

Anahem and Anos continue to overpower each other by releasing magic power
Anahem tensed his right hand, which I grabbed. The muscles on it swelled, and particles of magical power raged, causing clouds of sand to swirl in the air.

Wow, do you want to compete?

The God of Death tried to raise his mighty hand, but I pressed it down properly, pouring magic power into my right one. Black and white magical forces fought with each other, and the sand under our feet scattered in all directions.
[...]
Anahem's magic power increased even more, and he began to gradually raise the hand that was pinned down by me.

It was you who stole the fire dew. How brazen it is to push your own sins onto me, Anahem! – Anahem declared decisively and at the same time pushed my hand back. - This is your first time losing in a competition of strength huh, misfit?

His entire body emitted a magical force reminiscent of a sandstorm, and Anahem pushed my hand upward with all his might.

He tried to free himself from my grip with his accumulated power, but suddenly stopped.
[...]
I poured magic power into my right hand and pressed it downwards. Gradually I pushed his powerful hand away, and it returned to its previous position.

“I didn’t think you’d be able to overpower me while I was distracted by my thoughts.” Your hands, I must admit, are monstrously strong, god of death.
[...]
Focusing my magic power and consciousness, I pressed hard with my hand, and Anahem fell to his knees.

Wow, you're holding up well. An ordinary God would have been crushed by now.

Nonsense. Only a fool would challenge me, Anahem, in the withering desert of death.

The white sandstorm increased in power, responding to his fortitude. Gritting his teeth, the god of death pushed off the sandy ground with all his might. Clouds of sand swirled around my hand, and the white sand began to push his arms and legs, as if the entire withering desert of death was standing on his side. Giving up all his physical and magical strength, he turned the blessing of the divine domain into power and raised his powerful hand, throwing me away.
[...]
Swinging my hand down and using all the strength of my body, I pressed him into the sand. Crushed and buried, Anahem literally tasted the sand.
[...]
Particles of black magical power erupted from my entire body. I strained my hand and began to push out his right hand, and the Guzelami blade that had passed through the skin began to gradually come out of my body. As soon as I exerted myself even more, Anahem's right hand cracked and was then crushed. More precisely, it again turned into a white cloud of sand, and it mixed with the sandstorm.
~Web Novel Chapter 430​

Lay overpowers Avos Dilhevia by using a spell which converts the emotions of others into magic power.

Conclusion​

Should the evidence provided suffice for magic power in Maou Gakuin to qualify as Universal Energy System, the following reasoning shall be applicable when scaling characters

• Scaling characters durability, striking strength directly to their attack power
  • Characters with comparable levels of magic power can scale to each other even without feats showing relativity
  • An increase in magic power is a direct increase to all stats thus any statement of a quantifiable increase in magic power is a multiplier for one's stats (except in situations where extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Multipliers​

This section is dedicated to passing controversial multipliers, controversial not only in the sense of how high the numbers are but how regularly they can be applied. While what is about to be discussed here may seem to break some of our guidelines when it comes to multipliers, it actually doesn't and I shall give reasons why that is later on.

There are two main multipliers which need to be covered, one being magical enhancement and the other a spell known as "Aske".

Magic Enhancement
This refers to the ability to increase one's statistics by increasing the amount of magic power they utilize and while there is no stated multiplier for this a minimum value can be obtained from what is stated in the story.

Gyze
A spell that boosts the combat abilities of one's troops on the battlefield. It classifies the caster and their subordinates into one of seven classes: King, Guardian, Mage, Healer, Summoner, Cavalier, and Shaman. The effect of the spell is unique for each class. This class system allowed Gyze to raise the overall power of one's army.

The classes each possess unique specializations that provide an overall group benefit when used in synergy:
  • King: The caster is always the King. They can share their magic power but must keep the magic constantly activated. Once they run out of power or die, Gyze's effects end. Also, the King class becomes weaker when separated from the subordinates they share their magic with. Typically, Guardians would build a castle, and Kings would remain within it for protection. The King's powers are greatly enhanced inside their castle, but the magnitude of that effect depends on their Guardian.
  • Guardian: Guardian gains a magical boost when using creation magic such as Iris to construct castles, dungeons, and walls or to create barriers. On the other hand, their weapon magic and attack magic are weakened.
  • Mage: Mage benefits from having its attack magic buffed and its magic increased. The trade-off is healing magic, and physical ability is decreased.
  • Healer: Healer benefits from having its healing magic buffed, and its recovery magic increased. The trade-off is that their attack magic is decreased.
  • Summoner: Summoner uses familiars, as their familiars and familiar-enhancing magic is buffed.
  • Cavalier: Cavalier benefits from having their physical abilities enhanced, but in exchange, they cannot use any magic they aren't familiar with.
  • Shaman: Shaman benefits from having their magic strengthened regarding non-healing utility spells. Shamans usually serve as scouts due to their magic strengthening, allowing them greater use of intelligence magic.
Casting <Gyze> involves splitting and sharing one's power to their subordinates. While the spell is active, the caster(the king) has their magical and physical abilities reduced to less than a third however, this is only when the king is outside their castle for the reason that the guardian(s) are able to strengthen the king even to a level before dividing their power.

Additionally, characters have demonstrated the capability to continue fighting unhindered with no significant drop in their stats while using gyze. An example of this happens during Anos and Lay's first fight with both using gyze, being the king supplying their subordinates with power. It is even worse for Lay as even though both are subjected to less than 1/3rd of their power, Lay is actively supplying his subordinates with extra magic out of what he has left, still rather than becoming weaker he becomes stronger. He also says that due to not needing to cast spells, he has excess magic power he doesn't use so supplying others doesn't hinder him, it stands to reason he can just as well put that excess into further enhancing his physical abilities.

Ivis is able to break Anos barriers which had previously blocked his attacks once he increases the amount of magic power he uses. During this altercation Anos is under the statistics reduction imposed by Gyze. It stands to reason Anos is at least 3x stronger than his opponent but still the opponent is able to bridge that difference in power.

Fusion Magic
Linka while weakened was able to overpower Sasha & Misha's defensive fusion magic by increasing the amount of magic she used. Fusion magic adds two sources of power (2x) and amplifies it by more than tenfold (10x). It should also be noted that Linka isn't far stronger to the point a 20x stronger defense would mean nothing as they're all somewhat relative with the twins being noted to be capable of vaporizing Linka should their strongest attacks hit her.

With the case of the guardian class being able to enhance the king by 3x or more, characters being shown to close a difference of 3x or more and Linka while weakened instantly overcoming a 20x difference, it should be safe apply a minimum value of 3x to the ability to enhance one's statistics with magic power and higher for anyone who has shown such feats.

Aske
This is magic that can unite people's hearts and transform their hopes and wishes into magic power, thus allowing humans, who are originally inferior in physical and magical might to demons, to fight on par against them.

As with the case in the previous topic, this spell has no stated multiplier attached to it but a minimum value can be obtained from bits and pieces in the story.

Dino Jixes
This is fusion magic that splits a being into two separate individuals and fuses them together later. Unlike regular fusion magic which amplifies magic tenfold, the separation and recombination of a being with <Dino Jixes> amplifies their magic by several hundredfold.
Adding of two equal powers is a 2x increase, amplifying it by several hundredfold, several meaning at least 3, makes it 600x. <Dino Jixes> is originally 2 halves returning to one however by fusing with their past selves Misha and Sasha's sources are now whole so it's no longer 2 halves becoming one but rather 2 wholes when they fuse giving them greater power.
Simply put, adding 2 equal halves is the same as multiplying by 2, adding 2 wholes is multiplying by four 4 so for Sasha and Misha, their power is increased by 1200x when they fuse with each other.

Reasoning
The above lead to the conclusion that Aske be a comparable multiplier to the twins <Dino Jixes> for the following reasons.
1.) Following the plot point of the first three volumes, Lay is the mastermind behind the twins existence. The reason he developed <Dino Jixes> was to create a powerful demon so that demons won't be wiped out by the Heroes in the war that was to come and for the heroes, Aske is their trump card.
Still the twins at this point are weaker than Jerga, a human using <Aske>.

2.) It's noted that Kanon required the use of <Aske> to properly fight against Anos as a Human. After reincarnating and fighting Anos again, Anos notes how he doesn't have the blessing of Aske this time but implies obtaining the body of a Demon can make up for it.

3.) Dragons have incredibly tough scales that makes harming them difficult even for Shin Reglia as they're capable of blunting his blades. Zeshia is able to deal minimal damage to one of them using a combo of 1100 weapons. The mechanic of how using multiple weapons in tandem increasing their power by the amount used aside, it's established Zeshia needed to do that to even harm the dragon however, Eleonore who scales to Zeshia is able to shoot down these dragons with a single attack while using Aske.

4.) Ahid, a draconid, is noted to have more magic power than average which in principle makes him stronger and faster than the average combatant. Gazel a draconid like Ahid in an altercation says to not compare the two of them as while Ahide is a priest, Gazel is a warrior which means he is stronger, faster. In said altercation however, Gazel is too slow and Anos says his subordinates are a thousand times faster than him.
From this we get that the average fighter is slower than Ahide who is slower than Gazel who is a thousand times slower than one of Anos subordinates yet these humans when using Aske have been noted to be able to match these demons in combat.

Multiplier Guidelines​

As mentioned previously, it may be argued that these go against the rule "multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else". These values are not reasoned from something else like power levels or statistics but rather come from what is reliably stated multiple times in the story. What is done here is simply analyze concrete values and assign them to techniques which have been portrayed as being comparable if not greater as a lowball for the multiplier.

Conclusion​

1. Characters can raise their statistics by at least 3x (higher for those with feats) by increasing the amount of magic power they use.
  2. Statistics of those who use Aske are raised by at least 1200x
  3. Due to conclusion 1, techniques which output more power than what one can achieve with physical strengthening can be scaled to be at least 3x stronger one's base statistics.

Vote Tally​

Agree: (9,4) @Dereck03, @GarrixianXD @AbaddonTheDisappointment, @DarkDragonMedeus
Neutral: (0)
Disagree: (0)

Last edited:
Long ass text just for 3 small conclusions...
:PepeSad:

I've already read this before so i'm kinda in agreement though i will re-read this just in case.

You don't need to bump this anymore tho. We already have enough approval, just wait till the grace to end and apply this.

May I Ask how much more Maou Gakuin CRT's wanks that are coming now the Dereck is back? [ngl, I wanted to continue to make some kind a scaling joke but I was to braindead to figure one out....

You don't need to bump this anymore tho. We already have enough approval, just wait till the grace to end and apply this.
Shouldn't what's in the OP should be moved to some blog and we can place that in verse page like how other verses has them?

Shouldn't what's in the OP should be moved to some blog and we can place that in verse page like how other verses has them?
This CRT is a part 1, tatsumi wanted to focus on getting the multipliers and rest accepted, so next CRT is about the actual ratings and changes to the profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back