• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Many Fairy Tail statistics don't make sense

This is pretty long, but I've been stewing over this for a long while now and writing down things here and there that don't really make sense. I'm not necessarily arguing for downgrades, but at the very least a bunch of profiles are lacking in proper justifications for their statistics and need way better clarification.

Alvarez Arc

• Assault Mode Wall is Likely 7-A for keeping up with weakened Laxus, but a major reason he could even fight Laxus was that he was resistant to lightning
  • Laxus is 7-A for destroying Assault Mode Wall while weakened, and because his attack was implied to be able to kill Ajeel. But Ajeel isn't 7-A, he scales to 63 megatons. So where do their 7-A ratings come from?
  • WSD Sting is 7-A for injuring Larcade and because he "should be comparable to FDKM Natsu." There's never any comparison between him and FDKM Natsu afaik, so where does that come from?
  • And Larcade is only 7-A for being a lot stronger than Kagura and Sting, but they scale to 63 megatons, so again where does the 7-A come from?
  • Chronos Dimaria is 7-A for being more powerful than her base form, but her base form scales to 63 megatons. Again, where does that tier come from?
  • DS Gray is 7-A against Demons, but IIRC END Natsu was shown holding back against him (it's been a while so if I'm wrong on that excuse me)
  • DF Gajeel is 7-A for killing Bloodman, but Bloodman scales to 63 megatons. It also says he shouldn't be weaker than DS Gray, but Gray's profile says he's only 7-A against demons and he's 7-B+ normally. So where does Gajeel's 7-A come from?
  • Mirajane is Likely 7-B to 7-A for one-shotting Irene's sentient swords, which were superior to her normal Satan Soul form, which scales to 63 megatons. Shouldn't this either be "At least 7-B+" or just straight up "7-A"?
  • Irene's "At least 7-A" justification is that her enchanted swords overwhelmed Satan Soul Mirajane, but Mirajane scales to 63 megatons. It also says that she enhanced Neinhart to the point that Brandish was unable to affect him, but Brandish attempted to use hax on him, not raw power. And even if it counted as raw AP, Brandish is 63 megatons, so where does Irene's "At least" come from? Either her justification should be changed or her base form should just be upgraded to High 6-C via scaling from August. That would apply to Erza's strongest armors as well.
  • Rogue and Minerva are 7-B+ for fighting Historia Wall, but God Serena's Historia was said to be a small fry compared to his alive self. So how do Rogue and Minerva scale to full power Wall?
  • END Natsu's AP is currently dependant on DS Gray and Dimaria, but both of them have problems that I've discussed above. Would it not be easier and clearer to simply say, "More powerful than his FDKM?"
  • DF Natsu's AP without FDKM only says "Comparable to DF Gajeel." Not only were they never directly compared afaik, I've already discussed the problems with DF Gajeel above. It would be clearer if Natsu just had one key for DF+FDKM, which would be High 6-C for fighting Zeref.
  • DF Wendy is 7-B for one-shotting Historia Ezel while weakened, but not only does Ezel not have a profile, even Silver is only rated as Low 7-B. Even at full power, Ezel is listed as weaker than Silver (the power ranking cards are given below). Plus her "Likely 7-B" key is for pushing back Dimaria, with help, and not even drawing blood from her?
  • Post-2nd TS Erza (non-strongest armors) is 7-B+ for fighting and defeating Ajeel. But Ajeel was casually wrecking her until she got help, and she defeated him with Nakagami Armor, which falls under "strongest armors."
  • Why does Makarov have a 7-B Alvarez arc key with just "power scaling" as a justification? At his age, would he have gotten more powerful after a year off? If the power-scaling makes him 7-B that's fine, but I think it would make more sense to just have one key for him. He's never implied to have changed in power level throughout the series.
  • Why does Jura have an "At least 7-B" key that says he briefly held back God Serena? He did precisely zero damage to God Serena, and afaik nothing was even stated to imply Jura changed in power level over the one year time period.
  • Jellal is "At least 7-A, likely higher" for one-shotting Neinhart, who scales to 63 megatons? There's no direct evidence comparing him to Erza besides the fact that he was stronger than her in a previous arc, and I don't know why Acnologia is even mentioned since Jellal wasn't able to do any actual damage to him. Plus, remember that Neinhart himself was able to wreck Jellal with a single casual blast, and Kagura had to save him.
  • Lyon is "Likely 7-B" for defeating Historia Ur (only a 7-C character even at full power), while being helped by Gray?
  • Sherria is 7-B+ for being "much stronger than before?" And 7-A against Gods, well I've explained the problems with Dimaria's justification above. And her "before" key says she's Likely 7-B because she shouldn't be much weaker than Lyon, who I've just discussed above. I've already discussed the "pushing back Dimaria" thing above.
  • Meredy is "Likely 7-B" for defeating weak versions of Zancrow and Keyes, two characters that aren't even Low 7-B themselves at their full power, with help from Juvia?
  • Midnight, Angel, Racer, and Cobra are all "At least City level" for being "stronger than before" without providing any proof they actually got stronger compared to before. Plus their "before" versions scaled to damaging Jellal, who is listed as 19 megatons. Even if there was evidence they got stronger, where does the "At least" come from?
Tartaros Arc
First of all, here are the power rankings for Tartaros.

http://i.imgur.com/AbwksLn.png, http://i.imgur.com/x6PVBG0.png, http://i.imgur.com/Lv022kz.png

Silver has more attack than any of the other 9DG, and the only ones with more curse power than him are Kyoka, whose curse is pain manipulation and not AP, and Keyes, whose curse is necromancy (his dark magic attack named Judgment of Malefic Star is not his curse). So in terms of AP Silver is the most powerful one, and he is currently listed as Low 7-B.

• Why is Natsu's LFD listed as more powerful than his previous LFD form? That key was when Natsu was also amped by being given Laxus' magic power, like when Jellal gave him his magic.
  • Etherious Kyoka is 7-B for being >= Etherious Seilah, who is 7-B for one-shotting Mirajane's Sitri form. But Sitri's only justification is "Low 7-B+" via power-scaling, without anything to back it up.
  • Post Second Origin Erza with her strongest armors is 7-B for fighting Etherious Kyoka and being stronger than LFDM Natsu, who defeated Etherious Tempester, who is Low 7-B+. Tempester is Low 7-B+ for being more powerful than Silver, but he's actually significantly weaker than Silver.
  • Why is Etherious Jackal listed as more powerful than Silver when he's much weaker?

What scaling though? It should be mentioned on the profiles, since right now the profiles look like all the 7-As are scaled from defeating 63 megaton characters.

scaling from Mard Geer, who's pretty much 7-B+ in his final form. They scale after that by just being stronger than the other guy and so on and so forth.

Etherious Mard is stronger than base Mard, who's 51 megatons, and the Spriggans are 63 megatons from Brandish's feat, so what other scaling steps apply here?

It was mostly scaling from the Mard Geer feat. There was a thread a while back that was questioning why the FT characters are High 7-A, and it was decided to downgrade them since them being High 7-A via scaling from a 7-B feat was a massive reach. I can't find the thread though.

Yeah, 7-A comes from upwards scaling from City level+. But what about Jellal's 7-A Sema?

There was an argument on whether it came from space or the atmosphere, iirc. I personally think it's the latter, as Irene should have better mastery over the move compared to Jellal.

Actually the 7-A's came from FDKM Natsu being Baseline 7-A, also Jellal's Sema was accepted as 7-A, and I am currently waiting for someone to look at this blog I made which could upgrade all of the spriggans to possibly 6-C or higher and below if anyone who has power could look at it, that would be cool, I've been waiting for a while

Blog:https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DemonGodMitchAubin/Etherion's_Magnetic_Confinement

sorry for bandwagoning, but a lot of things about fairy tail need to be changed right now, it's just that a lot of people don't care about fairy tail anymore really

Like a lot of things need revisions, especially with Jellal's Sema feat at 7-A now, as well as the Wahl's Etherion calc, along with several other things, it's just that a lot of the admins, that did work for Fairy Tail, are no longer part of the website, or just don't care anymore, so no help for upgrading and doing revisions, which kinda stinks, but other people have stuff to do, so I can't really complain, but yeah, I'm like one of the only people remaining, that really cares about getting the series to be properly revised

also, the whole when boosted by emotions part of Natsu's Page needs to be gotten rid of, I would make the edits myself, but I need approval from admins, which as stated earlier, are no longer on the website

cause there was a big discussion, where almost everyone agreed that Natsu didn't just stomp sting and rogue with the power of friendship, but with raw power, also his base form, had a straight up 7-C feat, so he should just be 7-C, the only issue is once again no Fairy Tail Admins, just normal ones

yeah that was the idea, but anytime I ever try to ask and make revisions, people usually say, ask the Admins, and the answer always has to be, they aren't on the website anymore, Aidenbrooks, who was the main head of Fairy Tail content, has not done anything about fairy tail or any verse for quite a while now, so he's gone, and every else is either off the site, or doesn't care about fairy tail anymore, so I need others to look at things now, which just ends up not getting a response

Back