• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm wondering, why does Mana (MGRP)'s profile abbreviates the title of the series as MGRP when we a canonical one, and it is MahoIku: http://mahoiku.jp/chara/vesswinterprison.html.

MahoIku is the abbreviation of the japanese title, Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku

Here with MGRP, it's using the abbreviation of the english title, Magical Girl Raising Project

Official abbreviations? First time I've heard of such a thing. Abbreviations are just what people make up to shorten the long name of series. It's not like SnS is an "official abbreviation" of Shokugeki no Souma

Official abbreviations are common in Japanese media, but they mostly work by combining two words of the actual name. For example, the official abbreviation of Shümatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii Desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desu ka? is SukaSuka.

The SukaSuka one is fair, I know the series. However, what's being for the series here are the officially translated books, and thus using the english title. But since the title is pretty long, MGRP fits the bill well. It's not really a big deal anyway, really. SukaSuka's english title doesn't have a shorter way people call it by; everyone calls it SukaSuka, while there are just as many people calling this one MahoIku, MGRP, or Raising Project. At the end of the day, we know which series we're talking about

Say, why did you close the other thread? I had reacted like that because I thought you were making fun of me bc I can get triggered easily sometimes. Turns out you didn't and I only saw the response now because I had no internet for several days. If in turn, you thought I was being rude, I apologize.

Back