• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magical Girl Raising Project Thread

This is to serve as a general thread for all Magical Girl Raising Project (MGRP) changes, revision, feats and discussion.

Traits
Resistance to cold - Approved
Magical girls casually shrug off temperatures of -40 to -57 °C
Resistance to heat - Approved
Magical Girls have a heat tolerance x14.3 to x47.14 better than humans​

Improved eyesight - Approved
Magical Girls have vision at least 52 times better than humans​

Reaction Speed - Approved
Magical Girls can react x100 to x1000 faster than humans​

Calcs
Running Speed calcs - Approved
Applies to all low-tiers and mid-tiers of the verse​

Lifting Strength calc 1 - Approved
Applies to all mid-tiers and high-tiers of the verse​
Mass/Lifting Strength calc 2 - Approved
Applies to Cherna Mouse​

(I apologize for the multi-posting, I didn't think things as through as I could have)

All discussion and feedback is appreciated

28/12/2022: Traits approved
11/01/2023: Speed calcs approved
27/01/2023: LS calcs approved

Last edited:
Resistance to cold
In the epilogue of the first volume, Snow White hitches a ride on top of a jumbo jet as it travels between Japan and an unspecified country. The text notes that Snow is completely unbothered by the battering winds, freezing temperatures and roar of the jet engines. This is her typical method of international travel, so she does it on a regular basis.

The sky was so blue, heaven so close. The sun seemed to be shining right next to her, and the clouds streamed boldly toward the horizon. Miles above the earth, there was nothing but clouds, sky, and sun.
Her fantastic journeys through the sky, relaxing against the tail of a jumbo jet, had begun after she'd applied to become a master. The battering of the wind, the freezing temperature, the roaring engines — none of it bothered her. As she could not fly, Snow White always used this method to travel internationally.

The temperature outside aircraft at typical cruising altitudes reaches between -40 to -57 °C. Therefore, we can safely claim that Magical Girls can withstand temperatures well below freezing for extended periods of time without any discomfort. Abilities that can make Magical Girls feel cold or outright freeze them would need toreach temperatures significantly below that.

Resistance to heat
In Chapter 1 of Restart, Snow White fights Flame Flamey inside a burning classroom. The heat in the room is said to melt the glass of the windows and Snow White withstands close proximity to Flamey's fire.

The ancient wooden building didn't have any fire sprinklers installed, as it should have, and there was more than enough fuel. Fire spread from desks to chairs, bookcases to wallpaper, as window frames and glass melted and ran in the heat. The red of the flames illuminated everything, poisonous black smoke filling the air.
The red girl let out a sharp cry and then spewed flame from her mouth. This attack was supposed to have shocked the white girl, but she remained emotionless as she spun her blade, extinguishing the human-sized fireball in one swing.

The limit of external heat tolerance without injury for normal humans is about 35 °C and it is not advised to stay in areas that hot for long.
Air temperatures inside mundane burning houses can reach 600 °C. The areas that Snow White and Archfiend Pam are standing in are almost certainly hotter, since the flames are supernaturally powerful. In Snow White's case, the glass in the room is described as melting, implying temperatures anywhere from 500 to 1,650 °C. The average of those two glass-melting temperatures is 1,075 °C.

Based on this information, we can estimate the heat tolerance of Magical Girls relative to ordinary humans:
  • Low-End: 500 / 35 = 14.3 times greater
  • Mid-End: 1,075 / 35 = 30.71 times greater
  • High-End: 1,650 / 35 = 47.14 times greater

Improved eyesight
In Akane and the Happy Magical-Girl Family, Akane spots her family 2 miles away (among a group of strangers, in shadow, obscured by tree branches). Akane then uses long-ranged slashes to slice apart the senjafuda talismans that her family members are holding, taking care not to hurt her family members. Afterwards, her Magical Girl family members see her across the 2 miles, indicating that their vision is similarly sharp.

She'd come about two and a half miles from her school to this building, and from this building to the temple gates was about two more miles. But even from this distance, with her magical-girl eyes, she could pick out the people there. The pine needles were getting in the way, but her older siser was there, among the cosplay runners that joined the race every year. To her right was their mother, and then her other older sister, and then her little sister. She'd pinned down their positions. This contest would be over in a second.
Her bangs swayed With her right hand, Akane slid her blade past the catch at the mouth of the sheath, slowly drawing it. The fingertips of her left hand drew her wakizashi, too. What Akane aimed for was the paper talismans the four of them held. She sliced right, left, right, aiming for the talismans only.
A heartbeat, and then her bangs dropped again. At the temple, about two miles away, the talismans the four held scattered into bits and pieces, fluttering to the ground. She couldn't hear their voices, but she could see they were yelling and wailing. Eventually, their mother looked toward her and pointed, and all four of them looked up at Akane with expressions that said, “She got us!”

The standard size of senjafuda talismans is 15 centimeters tall and 5 centimeters wide.
To figure out how much more impressive a Magical Girl's eyesight is than a normal human's, we need to compare how far humans can clearly discern 6-inch figures. According to letter visibility charts, humans can see 6-inch letters 200 feet (60.97 meters) away, far less than the 2 miles that Akane identifies senjafuda talismans across (~3218.69 meters).

3218.69 m / 60.97 m = 52.791

Based on this, we can conclude that Magical Girls have vision at least 52 times better than normal humans.

Usually you'd use a blog post for this kind of stuff over multi-posting to "organize" a thread, there's a whole feature in blog posts to make sections without requiring spamming and overall being quite misleading for evaluating.

Anyways...

First things first, generally resistances can't just be scaled to other characters, you'd have to prove they're an innate thing for the species or it being tied to something they have in common to begin with, the Resistance page says as much, beyond that, the following is fine for the respective character:

• Coldness resistance
  • Heat resistance
  • Improved eyesight (should be indexed as Enhanced Senses for that in particular)

Anything else is beyond me as I'm not a calc group member to evaluate calcs per-say.

Usually you'd use a blog post for this kind of stuff over multi-posting to "organize" a thread, there's a whole feature in blog posts to make sections without requiring spamming and overall being quite misleading for evaluating.

Anyways...

First things first, generally resistances can't just be scaled to other characters, you'd have to prove they're an innate thing for the species or it being tied to something they have in common to begin with, the Resistance page says as much, beyond that, the following is fine for the respective character:

• Coldness resistance
  • Heat resistance
  • Improved eyesight (should be indexed as Enhanced Senses for that in particular)

Anything else is beyond me as I'm not a calc group member to evaluate calcs per-say.
Thanks a lot for the feedback and for the evaluation.
For the race aspect, things are thankfully well-defined in the series, with all magical girls sharing many superhuman aspects, the only difference being the stats and each character's magic. As far as senses, resistances, or traits like self-sustenance or regen go, they're shared. Providing further references in the profiles to further back the profiles up if needed shouldn't be hard.

For example, for the eyesight, there's a similar showing.

Chapter 1 of Restart
Pechka looked left, right, and all around, using her extraordinary eyesight as a Magical Girl to verify the identity of the person beyond the dust. They were more petite than a grown man… It was a girl, holding a sword pointing at the ground in her right hand. She was probably the one who had saved her. While they were two kilometers apart, when she looked into the distance, there was nothing there besides her apart from the ruined buildings and weeds. Compared to the ruins and the weeds, it seemed more likely that the girl had helped her.
As well as this, which also extends to other senses.

For the temperature resistance, there are these (one) (two).
As well as this:
Genopsycho’s helmet emerged from the lava, followed by her visor, neck, arms, and her hands, which held a small key. Genopsycho put a hand on the shore, and with a grunt of effort, she got back onto terra firma. Indeed, her clothes were not melted or burnt, and her body underneath was also fine. Genopsycho patted the lava off her body, then raised her visor and smiled.

Eh, there being similar feats for other characters wouldn't be sufficient, this isn't like judging something to be an outlier or not.

I'm not entirely sure I follow. These characters all fall under the category of "magical girls" for that specific series. These statements express and talk about how these traits apply to all magical girls in general, by nature. The things they can do, the situations they survive through or the things they resist, are because they are magical girls, not because they are specifically character X or Y.
the unique characteristics of magical girls, all magical girls had keen senses, extraordinary eyesight as a magical girl, magical girls don't need to eat or drink, magical girls were immune to poison

If they can do something beyond those due to their magic, that's a different topic, and that's of course relative to only that particular user. But that isn't the case here.

Edit: Different links, same texts: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten

Last edited:
Uh... all of those links are dead.
They work for me. You don't need an account to see them.
Edit: I verified with other people, to make sure, and it works for them too
Edit: I re-added the texts via different links

Last edited:
I agree with Bob that only what is explicitly stated to be shared among all Magical Girls (enhanced senses, self-sustenance etc..) should be applied to all of them.

While the resistances themselves are fine (even though I'd say resistance to heat could be a likely/possibly, since she seemingly thawed the heat off very quickly, and might have just held it tight in the meantime), I see no reason for them to apply to every Magical Girl, instead of just Snow White.
That said, other characters having their own feats, such as the aforementioned, should apply only to themselves.

I agree with Bob that only what is explicitly stated to be shared among all Magical Girls (enhanced senses, self-sustenance etc..) should be applied to all of them.

While the resistances themselves are fine (even though I'd say resistance to heat could be a likely/possibly, since she seemingly thawed the heat off very quickly, and might have just held it tight in the meantime), I see no reason for them to apply to every Magical Girl, instead of just Snow White.
That said, other characters having their own feats, such as the aforementioned, should apply only to themselves.
Understood.

For understanding: if a future arc states something along the lines of "Thanks to her constitution as a Magical Girl, these polar temperatures had no effect on her", that would apply to all magical girls, correct? Could that statement then be combined with Snow White's feat of -40 to -57 °C, since it offers precision to the degree of cold temperatures that are resisted?

The resistances and abilities are fine to me but you'd need to prove they're innate to their group before scaling them to all those characters in it, as was already said above.

I asked further-ahead readers of the series about other showings of resistance to extreme temperatures, and they led me to something.

In the Magical Girls on Christmas Eve story, there's this:

Waiting for someone underneath a cloudy sky that could drop snow any minute, in the middle of the wilderness, with cold winds raging, was not an ordinary thing to do. You had to be a magical girl, with resistance to icy temperatures, or you were bound to freeze to death. Her plan had been to put the entrance to the shelter on a mountain path at night.

There's also these two lines in the Restart and ACES arcs:

When night fell, they met with the combat team at a prearranged place, which was just in front of the Grasslands Town. Everyone formed a circle to exchange the information they had gathered or discuss the candies they had obtained. While people would normally gather around a fireplace, magical girls had excellent night vision and they did not even need to keep warm, so they simply sat in a circle.

So prompted, the magical girl reached out to the burning coffee cup. [...] She brought it to her lips. Magical girls were resistant to heat. Mere flaming hot coffee was nothing to them.

There's another scene of a magical girl holding fire in her bare hands and not feeling anything, but I'd rather not verify that one as it involves a character I haven't seen yet and might be spoiler-y.

Would these work as sufficient proof? The narrative attributes the handling of cold/hot temperatures to magical girls in general.

For understanding: if a future arc states something along the lines of "Thanks to her constitution as a Magical Girl, these polar temperatures had no effect on her", that would apply to all magical girls, correct? Could that statement then be combined with Snow White's feat of -40 to -57 °C, since it offers precision to the degree of cold temperatures that are resisted?
Yes, this seems to imply just being a Magical Girl maks you resistant. Is Snow White related to cold in some way, like through powers or else? Otherwise, I'd put it on the lines of giving all MG resistance to polar cold, and make the comparison to Snow White a possibility.

The other evidences are good enough for their resistance, though for now I'd keep the scaling to SW just a possibility.

Yes, this seems to imply just being a Magical Girl maks you resistant. Is Snow White related to cold in some way, like through powers or else? Otherwise, I'd put it on the lines of giving all MG resistance to polar cold, and make the comparison to Snow White a possibility.

The other evidences are good enough for their resistance, though for now I'd keep the scaling to SW just a possibility.
Snow White's magic is mind reading, so not related to temperature at all, nor does she possess any equipment or buff that would make her more resistant than normal. Out of all the magical girls from the first 3 arcs (what I've read), none of the magical girls have magic directly relating to cold, heat, fire or ice.

Then I'm more inclined to say her feat is due to MG's inherent resistance to cold, but for the safety of things, it's better to still treat it as a "likely", as she somehow might be more resistant than the others.

All the calcs have finally been evaluated and approved, so I'm happy with the results.

Coincidentally, an anime adaptation for the 2nd arc was announced just today. I'm excited.
The books of the 2nd arc have several uncalcable feats, so hopefully they will become calcable with the anime.

All the calcs have finally been evaluated and approved, so I'm happy with the results.

Coincidentally, an anime adaptation for the 2nd arc was announced just today. I'm excited.
The books of the 2nd arc have several uncalcable feats, so hopefully they will become calcable with the anime.
Neat

Back