• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
So after Cole Macgrath vs Mami ended up getting closed for revisions and never getting redone, this should have happened already, but then again no one wants Kessler to take an L.

Magical Girl Mami as always, aside from that SBA unless there's a distance issue.

Kessler:

Mami Tomoe:

Inconclusive: 7

This isn't torture, I don't mind people repeatedly bumping a thread.

I just want some debate.

BTW addressing this real fast before I get some shit I am debating a bit in this thread but I have no idea who wins.

The Phantasms go away if you shoot at then, right?

That's probably the most threatening thing for Mami, mostly because if she is defenseless even for a few seconds, Kessler just reduces her to ashes

Yeah the Phantasms are way to slow for her to not be able to counter them at range, up close in CQC will be an issue since she doesn't know about their mind attack.

Memory injection is still a valid mindscrew technique

Mfw I suggested Kessler vs Mami way back when

Anyway, Phantasms and Memory Inject are probably Kessler's best bet here, as most of his other stuff gets countered pretty hard

Stat amping and regen counter his AP, regen null counters regen (duh), bypassing attacks will bypass his shields (again, duh), and she can reflect his attacks back at him.

Though, his durability and endurance may help him out, as he was able to withstand a bunch of attacks from a pissed off Cole, who is ridiculously high into M+, and could with stand his Lightning Storm for a bit, which is many times stronger than his normal attacks. But I think her flames may counter this as well.

However, she won't know that touching the clones will cause mindscrew, so he has the advantage of surprise, but they're really slow, and she usually uses ranged attacks, doesn't she (haven't watch PM, despite my friend bugging me to). However, Kessler doesn't just summon the clones and lets them do all the work, he also keeps on the pressure with his ranged attacks, so he could possibly distract her long enough for one of the clones to get the drop on her, or use his clones and summons to distract her enough to get up close and memory inject.

What's her telekinesis and lifting strength like? Cause it may be possible for Kessler to rag doll her into one of his clones of he needs to.

Also, paradoxing is an option.

Also, what's going with speed? Equalized or nah?

Speed isn't equal due to 4KM distance and Mami facing people around albeit slightly slower then Kessler and wins

Well that helps Kessler a little bit, as his MHS+ was done pretty casually, and even when he was on the brink of death, he could blitz Cole, who is in the MHS+ range just like himself. Also, he can probably use precision like Cole to boost his reaction and attack speed (Tho I still think it's time manipulation ƒÿñƒÿñƒÿñ)

Also, really great match, I feel like we can get a good debate outta this one

I'm geniunely expecting this to be an inconclusive TBH, Mami can blast him or get him with a decently placed Ribbon Trap but if push comes to shove Kessler has a massive CQC advantage snd can one shot.

That moment when the joke flies over a dude's head.

You see, I'm mixing Ribbion Traps and Phantasms to be funny.

Now that you understand my ingenious humor, L A U G H M O N G R E L, L A U G H

I seriously don't understand why you're not allowed to delete posts on your own thread.

Btw Mami's telekinesis doesn't come even close to Kessler.

Granted if he tosses her into a Phantasm, she can just use ribbons to stab it beforehand (those things can be weapons too you know)

I hate to be that guy but getting tossed at MHS+ speed may make that a bit difficult

But TBH Phantasms aren't much more dangerous then Dupes from Kyoko

Yeah.

Though, considering Kessler's good advantage in speed, his AP advantage, TK and everything else, I'll side with him for now, though he'll be bound to have difficulties.

I think he means how he one shots Mami due to his AP

Which isn't really wrong due to her Dura but at the same time her Ribbon shields are more then versatile enough.

Kaltias said:
Kessler's advantage in speed is like, marginal though? Same for AP.
It's still existant, and would give Mami some trouble. TK is a big part though.

Ah, I was literally looking at the wrong key.

Kessler is around 1.9x faster, but both are probably faster than their calculated speeds....

Mami is actually only marginally above the feat, when it comes to her own speed.

It's simply that she doesn't need to be as fast as an opponent to snipe them, and she has AoE.

Kyoko blitzes people who would blitz Mami, and the latter still won.

She kept up for a while with someone who blitzed Kyoko, while fighting from a distance, so there is that too.

Kaltias said:
She kept up for a while with someone who blitzed Kyoko, while fighting from a distance, so there is that too.
Kessler blitzed BoG Cole, so he should be faster then the feat by a good margin

4KM distance is still a thing however

DMUA said:
It's still existant, and would give Mami some trouble. TK is a big part though.
Yeah but it's nowhere near as big as it would need to be in order make a difference.

Ribbons can help if he slams her into the ground btw. She can use them as a pillow or something to avoid getting splattered by the impact

Gargoyle One said:
Kessler blitzed BoG Cole, so he should be faster then the feat by a good margin

4KM distance is still a thing however
But Kessler is the one with the MHS+ feat, not Cole.

Even then my point was that Kessler >>>> Cole = casual Kessler = Mach 1191.

Kyoko > Oktavia >>> Sayaka >>> Homura = Mach 619. The speed gap really isn't bigger, and Mami kept up woth Kyoko just fine.

She was getting blitzed in CQC, but it isn't like she is likely to fight in melee to begin with.

Also, Mami has speed amps.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Will attack reflection work on her attacks or nah?
It would. False Madoka used attack reflection on False Mami's (Who is literally Mami but with enhanched stats) attacks, and it worked just fine

It's not actually, although I could have sworn I put it on his page.

Cole is able to channel and control of his own and natural lightning perfectly fine. And even light conduits are able to dodge his normal blasts.

That said, @Monkey wasn't their a recall of Kessler's feat?

Nope, Mach 1192

Kessler should be faster as Cole by BoG should be HS+ for being able to control natural lightning, and Kessler blitzed him without even flash stepping.

Still, Mami wins against people much faster then her all the time.

Are they really all that faster if she can actually comprehend their movements?

Back