• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Making Smash Bros profiles

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So, I used to heavily disagree with wanting to have this done. But on the brink of Ultimate, I decided, what the heck. Why not. No, his isn't some thread to get them to 2-C, and there's still the argument that most characters aren't that different from their canon selves. And well...I don't really have convincing arguments to say why we should make profiles for them. They are technically different characters, as they're toys/trophies brought to life. If we're worried about some of the profile pics being used twice, use Sm4sh or Brawl artwork for some characters. And let's face it, Smash is the most popular fighting game as of recent (though Street Fighter is, was, and forever will be more iconic), so it's not like it's lacking relevancy.

We already have profiles for Smash Kirby and Captain Falcon, so why not do the same with the other chars?

I think profile for the ones who are really different from their normal self ( like Game & Watch, Villager, Piranha plant etc...) should be good.

I'm neutral about the others characters.

I agree, reasons like "it would be a mess" and such feel like excuses.

If nobody cares to make a page with solid rules about this and pages like Fortnite Thanos and Power Rangers Ryu are still around yet others with immense feats for characters canonically much weaker are rejected then f*ck it people is forced to make threads asking when is this allowed. Shame on the people failing to communicate this.

So what you're suggesting is all Nintendo goons in smash bros get a second profile? Meaning they scale to goons like master hand and become Universal or some shit?

Am I getting this right? I can't tell it's been a shitty day behind me and I can't bother to focus extensively, so please excuse me.

@Dragon I'm calmed. Sometimes my words doesn't communicate how I feel, my bad.

@Kona. No. They'd be small city level until AN's or Efi's calc go through, in which they'd be either country level or dwarf star level. And MFTL+ regardless due to Galeem speed shiz.

Treats his versions of Arceus and the Creation Trio [who still have universal statements] as toys from Master Hand's profile.

• So wouldn't they scale the Arceus and the Creation Trio, The real cal howard or it is a mistake?

TriforcePower1 said:
I'm pretty neut-
(*Realizes that would mean more battles for Link*)

I completely-

(*Realizes that Soul Calibur Link is already in the same tier*)

Okay, I'm neutral.
Soul Calibur Link vs Smash Link when?

I'm fine with profiles for smash versions of characters being created.

What would even be the tier for the characters though? Do they all scale to one another?

SuperKamiNappa said:
Yes but Kirby and Mii Fighter are both solid 7-B. That's not very consistant.
Why? The are both toys that fight the other toys in Smash? Why would those toys be different from the others?

I still disagree with that. Them being toys brought back to life is honestly just a technicality. They aren't different enough and would just end up being used to give 7-B keys to far weaker characters.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I still disagree with that. Them being toys brought back to life is honestly just a technicality. They aren't different enough and would just end up being used to give 7-B keys to far weaker characters.
I didn't agree with the profiles being made, I'm just saying if they were to have profiles made it would make the most sense that they are all comparable to one another as there is no clear bias or feats that would put one above the other in the games. (At least from what I remember).

GreyFang82 said:
Saikou The Lewd King said:
I didn't agree with the profiles being made, I'm just saying if they were to have profiles made it would make the most sense that they are all comparable to one another as there is no clear bias or feats that would put one above the other in the games. (At least from what I remember).
Dedede beat Bowser twice in a row and one-shot Luigi but that's about all I can think of.

I already made a post about and it got rejected. I approve, since they are different from their main counterparts.

NoOneCanJustDeflectTheEmeraldSplash said:
Also, will we count trophy descriptions of characters? Cuz, they could just bring plenty of characters up to equal to their canon self.
While this choice looks good, the scaling would be wonky

The real cal howard said:
@Kona. No. They'd be small city level until AN's or Efi's calc go through, in which they'd be either country level or dwarf star level. And MFTL+ regardless due to Galeem speed shiz.
My calcs put them at High 7-A+ via scaling from the Majora's Mask Moon. The Country level calc is for the Ice Climbers' FS, which may or may not scale to everyone else's.

Also, why should the motive for getting the profiles made matter? I'm sure there are plenty of profiles on here that were made just for the meme, like Globglogabgalab, Fortnite Thanos, and all of the Phillips CD-i characters to name a few, so why should we care if people just want a stronger/weaker version of an already existing character with a smaller arsenal?

Yeah, I'm neutral, but I'm all for everyone being Massively FTL+ when they get made. Against scaling from god tiers since that's done to death, but Country level or Dwarf Star level seem sick. But based on what calcs?

Now that I think about it, since the MM Moon apparently causes the "end of the world" according to its Smash 4 trophy, the fighters would probably be High 6-A via scaling to it.

I knew about the Massively FTL+ one, but thanks for the other two.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Now that I think about it, since the MM Moon apparently causes the "end of the world" according to its Smash 4 trophy, the fighters would probably be High 6-A via scaling to it.
It may even be 5-B given MM.

Some characters would have more hax than you would think. For example, in classic mode, it's heavily implied Dark Samus corrupts people's allies to make them fight their friends and that Mewtwo controls people he defeats people with psychic powers.

The Smashor said:
Some characters would have more hax than you would think. For example, in classic mode, it's heavily implied Dark Samus corrupts people's allies to make them fight their friends and that Mewtwo controls people he defeats people with psychic powers.
I'd probably buy that Samus and Mewtwo theory. The whole World of Light and Spirits thing proves that Sakurai loves to sneak in references in designing the fights, so it's no stretch to assume he'd be creative with Classic Mode and include some sort of hidden story. "Possible Mind Control" could be fine.

Back