• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Make Your Own Quirk

Quirk: Offensive Healing Factor

Descriptio
: The ability for the body to utlize damaged parts of the body for an offensive purpose while the healing factor attempts to stabilize the individual and eventually heal them back to their normal state.

Uses: The body can as stated weaponize any damaged body parts such as a missing arm becoming a blade of bone of sorts, a damaged ribcage operating as a beartrap of sorts (think that scene in the Thing) as well as the creation of talons from severed fingers etc

Limitations: As to be expected it is rather painful to be injured and have the effected body part unnaturally altered by the body and so it requires a near sadomasochistic tolerence to pain to be viable. The healing factor may also be overwhelmed by enough damage to enough of the body or even moleculor destruction to one part of or all of the body.

quirk: Food Cart: this Quirk allows is user to create any type of food stuff, water, pizza, cheese burgers, etc etc

Limitations: the user can only create up to 250 lbs of food at any given time.

the food is stated to taste like it is divine in nature

I'll try.

First quirk:

Overclocking: User can temporarily maximize their capabilities with this ability. For example, increasing brain's performance, unlocking hysterical strength, etc.

Limitation(s): Depends on which capability is maximized. For example: the user's brain is generating much more heat when it's performance is maximized, meaning that the brain needs to be cool down; the user's muscular system is greatly damaged after using hysterical strength; etc.

Equipment: Depends on which capability is maximized.

Special Moves:

• Ultra Instinct: User can use Ultra Instinct in order to greatly improve their instincts and adapt them to various scenarios.
  • Extreme Heat: User can use Extreme Heat in order to increase their temperature as much as possible. However, the user will be damaged or even die due to untolerant level of heat.

Outerversality: Exist beyond the concepts of time and space

Limitation(s): Automatically lose when being touched by a piece of ice.

Equipment: Antifreeze

Special Moves:

Code:
Total Erasure: Completely and totally erase an infinite infinite infinite... number of universes by making them cease to exist 4th Threat: Threaten to kill someone on the other side of the 4th wall.

Quirk Name: Fusion, the ability to fuse into inanimate objects or a full 'Soul Merging Fusion' with another being with a soul.

Limitation(s): When attempting to fuse with a sentient being, the process can be cancelled if one of the participants says 'no'.

Equipment:
Adaptive body suit that fuses with other's closing.

Special Moves:

• Move Name 1: "Hyper-Triple Fusion!": Fuse with two other people instead of just one.
  • Move Name 2: "If I combine these objects...": Fuse two inanimate objects together without being part of the fusion.
Notes: User can move through objects they are fused into and come out on any area they want. This can be used to pass through objects such as walls or hide within objects or people's clothing.

You guys do remember that Quirks are supposed to be a biological function and have clear limitations, right?

This isn't a "make a power as broken as possible" thread.

The fusion quirk revolves around combining the cells of objects, is it really OP? I suppose without the limitations of the user I have for the quirk it could be really deadly.

@Sin

I'm more talking about the users who made their Quirks using blatant versus battling terms with the intent of being as OP as possible while ignoring the spirit of the thread.

Quirk's Name: Atomic Restructuring

Limitaions:

- The matabolic process in the body skyrocketed when used, resulting in hunger/starvation.

- The bigger the object is, the hungrier it will make the user.

Equipments: Feeding tubes filled with energy drinks.

Special moves: Bomb making - Destablilized an atom to create a small nuclear explosion.

Compression - Compress atom to the point of indestructible.

Yeah, I figured that one would be a pervert's dream, thankfully the user I made for that quirk only did it when absolutely needed. No lewd content!

@SinFrog You know what's strange, I actually came up with a character who could fuse with objects to pass through them, years ago.

This one isn't a Quirk I came up with, but rather a Quirk from a fic that I rather liked.

Leviathan: The ability to transform into a massive serpent the size of a skyscraper with six legs, teeth the size of a human arm, fins, and the ability to swim through the air when one loses control of their emotions. It possesses tremendous physical strength, easily leveling buildings with a swish of its tail and turning them to dust in its rampage. Should the user be able to keep a handle on their emotions, they can selectively transform parts of their body to resemble that of the Leviathan, gaining fins, a prehensile tail, claws, scales, powerful hind legs, the ability to clamber up walls, and breathe lightning.

Limitation(s): The Quirk has a consciousness of its own not unlike Fumikage Tokoyami's Dark Shadow and is constantly screaming and trying to rampage whenever the user feels strong, negative emotions. The user's control of their own body is limited while in the form of the complete Leviathan and its huge size all but ensures widescale destruction while its berserk nature leaves it unable to distinguish between friend and foe. Uncontrolled use of Lightning Breath can scorch the user's throat, face, and upper body, causing crippling pain and serious burns.

Equipment: Armor made of a special polymer that can grow and change shape with the user, allowing them to manifest characteristics of the Leviathan without tearing their clothes. The armor is lined with devices designed to push pressure points to help the user remain calm and control their emotions and their transformation, but these can be disabled should the user wish to unleash the Leviathan.

Special Moves:

• Lightning Breath: A strange, burning feeling shoots through the user's veins that pools in their throat before being released as a powerful beam of luminescent green lightning powerful enough to demolish the zero-pointer robot used in the U.A. entrance exam.

Wow! That's cool! I think I'll drop another one of my OCs' Quirks, I'm rather fond of this character.

Quirk Name: Rotation, the ability to rotate all joints 360 degrees at high speeds, as well as being immune to the effects of being dizzy or disoriented.

Limitation(s): Requires a lot of training and practice to master, drains stamina just as any bodily movement does, so spinning your arms around like drills is gonna get tiring fast.

Equipment: A ballet outfit with a twist, in place of a skirt is sharpened disc of metal which can allow the user of the quirk to turn themself into essentially a living Beyblade, minus all the crazy galaxy powers.

Special Moves:

• Move Name 1: "I won't let you through my defence!" Raise knee in a position as if you're about to kick, but instead rotate the knee at a very high speed to produce a whirling shield to protect you.
  • Move Name 2: "Even in water, I won't let you get away!" Rotate ankles at high speed while underwater, turning them into boosters!

@Sin

That's... actually a really interesting Quirk! I like it!

The equipment makes it sound like a Villain is using this Quirk.

@SinFrog I came up with something similar to this as well...this is freaking me out now.

Quirk: Reflect: The ability to recreate or remake a line, motion, or vector that has only been recently created, example, a person drawing a dotted line on a board an use this quirk to make five similtaneously across any given direction or recreate a pattern, while this may come across as a lame example, it can be applied for more interesting but also more dangerous uses, example: a sword slash whipping through the air can have it's motion and direction copied and recreated multiple times in an instant, performing more then one slash at once. This, a mental recreation of said line or vector appears in Reality from the person's consciousness.

Limitations: Performing more then three at a time repeatedly causes immense mental strain on the user, and if done repeatedly can cause the user to feel a painful headache or in more extreme circumstances pass out or in highly extreme and rare cases, lead to death, as such, for maximum safety yet efficiency, a slash over 5 times can only be used once in a day and the user cannot have done over two or three slashes in repeated session prior, the user of course has to be extremely mentally strong yet calm in order to practice and use this repeatedly, this is of course applying use with a sword, less strenuous tasks such as drawing a line do not have this affect"

Special Moves

Goodnight
: The user creates two projectile like attacks by dragging a broadsword across the ground and lifting it, creating a blade beam.

RATAAAHH: The user makes consecutive punches against the enemy, each punch multiplied by two.

Nine Slice: This requires incredible concentration and can only be done once a day without the user having a headache or even going unconscious, however, this technique means that, to avoid the latter two complications, the user can not have used this quirk even ince at any other point that same day whether before or after, it is not recommended to use this technique unless under very dire circumstances, the move is made by creating a curved slash in the air, once completed, it will take the form of a Circle where all blades intersect amongst the same position.

Quirk Name: Imitation.

This Quirk allows the user to copy other Quirks.

Limitation(s):

• To copy a power, the user must perform some sort of physical contact on the one whose power he/she wants to copy.
  • The user can only hold on to a single power and will lose whatever power he had previously if he absorbs a different one.
  • New or inexperienced users will find it impossible to immediately adjust to using a new power or utilizing all of said power's abilities. (Experienced users have learned to surpass this limitation)
  • Changing Quirks means to change the biological workings of the body and will likely cause intense levels of pain and stamina drain. (This could be detrimental to new users but is rather irrelevant to experienced ones due to higher pain tolerance, and massive increases in stamina)
Equipment: A superhero outfit that is highly resistant to most types of substances and conditions.

Examples:

• Resistance to Heat
  • Resistance to Cold
  • Resistance to Electricity
  • Resistance to Stretching
  • Resistance to Acid
This would be useful because the power of the user is consistently changing and for said power to change the Imitatio user needs to get up close and personal. So resistant clothing would be optimal for said ability.

Special Moves:

• Move Name 1: "One Who Takes": This is the ability to copy other Quirks from other people. The main ability bestowed by Imitatio. The power that is copied is kept until another power is copied.
  • Move Name 2: "One Who Gives": The is a secondary ability given to Imitation users. This is when the Imitatio user initiates what is called a "transfer". A transfer is when a Imitation user, through the physical contact required to absorb a power, gives away the power he currently possesses. The power transferred will fade from the transferee's body after a couple days naturally because their body isn't accustomed to having the powers of others, or any time the transferor desires within the multi-day time limit. The original power of the transferee is completely suppressed until the transferred power fades away. Example: Let us say that the Imitatio user currently has Navel Laser in his possession, and he is fighting against an opponent with Explosio. If the Imitation user is able to touch the Explosion user, not only would he be able to now use Explosio instead of Navel Laser, but he can transfer his own copied power (in this case Navel Laser) to the person he is absorbing. So after coming into contact with his opponent, the Imitation user now has Explosion and has given Navel Laser away to the original Explosio user.

Explanation of Usefulness: It is simple really, giving an opponent a power doesn't mean he can utilize that power. Similarly to how inexperienced users of Imitation can't automatically adjust to using a new power, the same can be said to one who has never traded powers at all. So now you have effectively nullified the other person from using any Quirks at all. Leading them wide open to the Quirk you just copied. (Only should be used by experienced Imitatio users as performing a transfer can lead to both fighters becoming powerless if the Imitation user isn't experienced enough to utilize his opponent's Quirk immediately)

I usually like creating abilities that are really haxxy and are seemingly insurmountable in my writing. So creating limitations while also creating a cool power was quite the challenge, thanks.

I have just started My Hero Academia (I really like it so far!), and I don't know much about it. So I hope my ability is good enough to fit within the guidelines of the thread.

Quirk, the ability to copy other quirks

limitation: whatever limitation the other quirk had

User "That guy" A.K.A Max Longrod

Quirk First impression: he user gains the quirk and traits his opponent believes he has along with minor knowledge Of how to use them. This ability dose not activate for non aggressive persons. Secondary quirk, poor impression: anyone around when the primary quirk activates will have a hazey recollection of recent events, Allowing him to have multiple "first impressions".

Example: if the user is dressed in yellow with multiple jagged designs, he will likely gain an electricity based quirk, but if the foe believes he has banana based abilities the he gains a banana quirk.

Minor weknesses: due to the secondary quirk, the user rarely gets the credit they deserve to the point of most not even remembering the heros name, repeat encounters allow people to "build an impression" And lock his abilities as what they know. Unwanted aesthetic changes can occur if part of the ussers costume is mistaken for their body.

Weaknesses: along with gaining any believed weakness one runs the risk of gaining a poor quirk aswell. If the user fights multiple opponents they will get multiple (often similar) quirks the larger the variation of quirks the harder they are to use and the larger the strain on the body. Some Quirks can interfere with each other (being completely silent and producing loud noises) and physical quirks are painful to manifest. User only gains basic understanding of gained quirks, and most quirks tend to be simple and rely on creative use to pack a bigger punch. Cant retain quirks once combat ends.

'Gear: "tool box" contains matirial and tools, such as paint, quik dry rubber foam, adhesive, scissors, thin poles...... Ect. To allow creation of accessories and prostetics. A portable speaker that is used to subconciously alter a foes perception before combat. An easy to modify costume with several premade attachments and a collapsible stun baton incase of a poor quirk

Quirk: Wizard bone tools

this quirk grants the owner the ability to form a wand, staff or any number of focusing tools from the calcium in there body. the stick,staff or tool allows them to cast a number of spells, both offensive and defensive as well as supplimentary.

limitations. the more spells cast will cause headache's and nausea as well as hunger

spells:

cancel, this spell temporarly cancels an action once it is in motion. ie if the hero sees a speeding car about to hit a kid, he can summon a wand, or staff or bone tool and yell cancel. the car wil instantly stop its motion and he can than save the kid.

Mobility: when cast this spell an increase the mobility of a person place or thing. generally used to increase his own speed.

barrier: just what it sounds like

attack combo 8: sends a beam of light that swirls around an enemy in an 8 conguration. the light disorients and puts the enemy to sleep

decay: causes concrete and solid structures to weaken and decay

many more spells

fusion of his parents two quirks

his mother's quirk bone control, which grants her the power to manipulate her bones to form tools and weapons such as staffs swords clubs etc and his father's quirk Wizard, which grants him the ability manipulate his quirk for magical like spells

the unification of these two quirks created a new quirk where the user can manipulate his bones and manipulate said magic via his bone's

User: kon tengoku

Quirk speed up: this quirk allows its user to reach any speed and there body will be intact no matter how fast they go and can reach any speed that is imaginable this also effects reaction speed and combat speed and thinking speed how ever not a persons personality

Minor weakness: tiredness is possible

Special move1 rikiri: move at speeds faster then lightning and create lighting to blitz the opponent

Specail move2 high speed one punch: this move would have a huge damper on the body but the effect of said punch is amazing it's power depends on the speed the user goes if the user goes MFTL the damage on the body would be 100x less then the damage on the opponent to give you a counter lightning speed dose around 1000 hypersonic 100000 light 1000000 and massively faster then light 10000000000000

Equipment: kenetic energy gloves: absorb the kenetic energy from movement: high durability shoes they won't break if you attack or move with said quirk

Attack style: I suggest kicking or martial arts for this quirk it would be very effective

User: kai tengoku

Quirk: pure strength this quirk sounds like it sounds it gives the person literally pure strength that an be used in a number of ways both for combat and mobility and is much more powerful I bad conditions such as underwater or heat or cornerd it is on par with one for all in physical capabilities

Minor weakness: if it has no use in said situation it will only do so much damage

Specail move1 pure force: this move is what it sounds like it allows the user to have all the force needed to beat an opponent

Special move2 flash step: by catching the ground with his feet he can move at under fatal speeds

Equipment: durable gloves and boots: what do you think power regulator: to make sure he doesn't over do it

Here's one from a fan-fic I have planned.

Blood-Bonds: User can create inter-spacial portals in areas near a collection of their blood.

Limits:

• The portals can only be 2 feet large at most.
  • The portals can only appear in an area that is within a radius of 1 meter from a collection of the user's own blood .
Equipment: None, the character does not have any access to support equipment.

Techniques:

• Rush: Creating portals to link two different parts of the nervous system, for example teleporting a thought from her brain directly to another location in her body. Through this she can achieve an enormous increase in her combat speed.
  • Bad Karma: A technique specifically designed to deal with poison users. The instant someone injects her with a poisonous substance or other type of drug, she creates a portal inside her blood vessels to intercept the poison and another portal in the attacker's blood vessels to transport the poison to them, basically using her enemy's own weapon against them.

Quirk: Invisible Ink

Effect: The user can project spurts of a black inky liquid from special glands on their hands (the nature of these glands can prevent the spread of the substance through the rest of the user's body). Anything that contacts the ink will become invisible at the point of contact. This ink will quickly permeate any material on a molecular level over a period of time (depending on the size of the object), spreading this invisibility effect. Without reapplication, the ink will fade away after an hour, returning the object to visibility. The location of this ink can be sensed by the user.

Weaknesses:

• The spread of the ink cannot be (by the user's will) controlled once it is emitted from the glands.
  • The ink's substance can interfere with chemical reactions in materials it permeates - as a result, using it on firearms, bombs, and many other devices can interfere with the workings of the device, preventing the device from working or even causing dangerous backfires.
  • Using it on a living thing over extended periods of time can prove harmful and eventually lethal to them, as it interferes with their biological processes. In small insects such as ants and flies, death can occur in less than a minute, while in humans and similar sized animals it can take up to several hours before death, though coughing, difficulty breathing, mood swings, psychosis and other symptoms can occur much sooner.
  • The user is also unable to see objects made invisible, though their ability to sense the location of the ink can mitigate this somewhat.
  • While the ink can be projected at high pressures and volumes as a form of attack, making parts or all of the opponent invisible can be a hazard in team fights, as teammates will not be able to see or sense the opponent, unless they have a sensory ability of their own.
Equipment:

• A large detachable metal staff using a simple mechanic to make it extentable, to be used in combat. Lengths of the staff are connected by small chains.
  • A full body suit that uses various small flexible pipes running through its to guide the spurts of ink to different locations (these pipes are made of a material based off the glands in the user's hands, so they can contain the ink's spread). Additionally, various armour pieces are placed along the suit, some of which are made invisible by the ink, to improve offensive and defensive capability while also making opponents underestimate the user, or aim for armoured spots they believe to be unprotected.
More complex equipment cannot be used due the ink's chemical interference ability.

Special Moves:

• Ink Jump - projects ink from the hands and feet (using the suit's pipe system) at the ground at high pressures to jump even higher.
  • Squid Spray - sprays ink at the opponent's eyes. The ink will spread through protective materials to enter their eyes. Once the eyes are invisible, no light can enter the retina as it passes through, thus blinding the opponent.
  • Invisible Strike - strikes the opponent with the invisible staff.
  • Distance Vanish - turns only part of the staff invisible, then strikes the opponent with the invisible end. Seems as if the attack has ignored distance.
  • Inky Trail - by placing some of the ink on an opponent, it can be used as a form of GPS sensor for the user, allowing them to track the opponent's location by sensing the ink on them.
Training:

Training with this quirk can increase:

• The volume with which the ink can be produced and projected (stamina and breathing exercises)
  • The pressure with which the ink can be produced and projected (strength and muscle exercises)
  • The distance and precision with which the ink can be sensed (mental exercises)

Quirk name: Answerer/Answer Talker

Effect: Massively boost the user's brain capacity to analyze, calculate, memorize, deduct, and generally process all the information the user's senses register. With practice, it can also expand the user's brain capacity to hold and process more information. Turning the user into some sort of "one who can answer all sort of question" kind of individual

Limitation: The Quirk doesn't give any other physical boost. Brain can be overloaded with information if not properly trained. The user needs to actually think to come up with an answer to a question. The user also cannot come up with an answer to an impossible question (i. e. When a person will die just by looking at said person, how to outrun a MFTL+ speedster while having subsonic speed, when will this world end, when will Fabtastic Glasses come back so i can stop being his substitute, etc)

Equipment:

Zoom glasses: Pretty self explanatory. To see things better

I-Can-Hear-You Headphone: Enhance the user's hearing, and also protect the user's hearing from overly loud noises.

Shock Gun: A pistol that shoots out a bullet filled with electricity that will temporarily stun the target. If it hits a certain part of the body, it can even completely paralyze the victim for approximately 2-3 minutes (can be improved)

Techniques:

Full Scan: Run a complete analysis of the surrounding and the opponent. Analyzing things such as their sight, combat pattern, breathing, and other factors to give the user some sort of prediction of what will the opponent do next and the best course of action to make.

Stun Shot: Accurately aim at where the Shock Gun would completely paralyze an opponent as opposed to just shocking them.

Galactic X-ray vision: Enables the user to see through everything from the galaxy. Using this the user can perform astronomical observations otherwise impossible, because all the light of the milkyway, that usually makes intergalactic observations difficult, doesn't exist for the user. The mechanism behind this is similar to the extramission theory, slightly altered.

Limitation(s): Since the user always sees through everything in the galaxy it is essentially blind. Can not see through things originating from another galaxy.

Equipment: A White Cane to help the user navigate. A telescope for better observations. Black contact lenses made from material of another galaxy, in case the user wants to shut off its vision to sleep or to mark things by putting the lenses on them.

Special Moves:

• Isn't the sky beautiful?: Makes the opponent jealous by pointing out how great the part of the sky looks, that the opponent currently can't see.

Hey, if one stretches things enough one can sell this as a biological function...

This thread sometimes is a big one-upsmanship contest, A good rule of thumb would be "If you can defeat All Might or AFO just by virtue of CARRYING said power, no investment required, You're clearly doing it wrong"

Lets see

Friction: The user can incrase or decrease the friction on the entire surface of the objects they touch, up to a trainable limit of 20 Square metters, it doesnt matter if its applied in a non-solid thing (like liquids and air)

Limitation(s): The user has a limit on how strongly the friction can increase or decrease, Usually depending on how large of an area it is expanded trough, and if he is decreasing/Increasing more than one thing at a time, The effects of the quirk cannot be turned off as they wear out over time (however, if the user is still touching the object, he can simply reverse the effects manually)

Equipment: A cape/suit made out of a fiber resistant (but not completely inmune) to the effects of his quirk that he can use to avoid getting stuck if he applies his quirk over a large area, and an utility pouch to keep useful objects to affect with his quirk, Moslty sheets of cloth. A pair of gloves that insulate heat away from his body but keep it on the outside (Allowing for some heat based attacks)

Special Moves:

• Dragging Ascend: Increases wall friction enough to stick to them and climb, does the same with air but the process is slower
  • Dragging Parachute: Very self explanatory, Slowly increases friction to slow his descent if he's falling, trying at the same time to not catch on fire
  • Dragging Shield: Greatly increases the surrounding air's friction to make projectiles thrown at him slow down
  • Slipping Rush: Runs to gain momentum and decreases friction to slip around at great speed
  • Dragging Trap: Slaps someone with a cloth with increased friction, making it stick to them so the tangle with it the more they try to take it out, yes, the name is badly taken
  • Dragging Anchor: Makes an enemy have increased friction, making them be stuck to the floor and move slowly (and maybe catch on fire)
  • Slipping Fingers: Makes an enemy have decreased friction making them unable to hold objects, usual strategy against weaponized enemies
  • Dragging Dragon: By first using Slipping Rush to gain speed, He increases surrounding air friction around his hands to combust punches into flames with his gloves against the enemy

@Kitt

THANK YOU.

I said go nuts guys, but I feel like most of you aren't paying attention to the source material at all...

Space Worm: The User is able to manipulate the fabric of space to create and close wormholes. These wormholes can vary in size, ranging from 20 cm to 3 meters and can be summoned anywhere in the user's field of view.

Limitations: Keeping wormholes open for long drains stamina quickly. Damage to the eyes will greatly reduce this quirk effect. The wormholes have a range limit of 5 km and cannot be closed if a being/object is in-between the two entrances of the wormhole.

Equipment:

Wormlord Mask
: a mask specificatly made to protect against very bright flashes of light and dust based weapons/abilities. Has a build-in telescope and night vison goggles.

Special Moves:

Worm Fury
: the user uses the wormholes to quickly and repeatedly punch the opponent (something like this)

Back