• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Darkanine: To help with Xandred, or Chimatsuri Doudoku as he was called on Shinkenger, he doesn't have the power to merge worlds. In actuality, he uses his Nightlok (Ayakashi) minions mainly to terrorize people. The feelings of utter dread and despair would then cause the Sanzu River to overflow.

The Sanzu River flooding into the mortal realm is Xandred's means have a foothold in the land of the living (since his kind need its waters to survive) and fulfill his goal to end the Shiba line.

Vrak / Brajira of the Messiah: At least 5-B (Compared to Admiral Malkor [Whose original character Mons Drake of the Planet pulled the moon off its orbit to send it on a crash-course towards Earth]. In Goseiger vs. Shinkenger, its footage not used in Power Rangers, Brajira extracted the entirety of the Sanzu River from the land of the dead as part of a plan to flood his native Gosei World.)

But for those who might start on PR Samurai, and Shinkenger as consequence, I have these two scenes you can use for comparison between the two versions: The series opener.

Power Rangers Samurai Opening Scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh4A0RW19VE

Shinkenger Opening Scene - Director's Cut: More swordmanship https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HizYGrZT4x0

For those who might start on Super Sentai, I thought it be best to mention the only two Super Sentai shows that did not become Power Rangers.

Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters: Pretty much Evangelion + Gundam + Tron + CW Flash (Red Ranger's power). The series villain Enter, whose creator Messiah could only assimilate digitized humans, became powerful enough to assimilate all forms of matter.

• Video no longer available
Ressha Sentai ToQger: A bit haxy on the heroes' side since they use their imagination. But the antagonist Emperor Z is the most powerful character in the show.

• Video no longer available

@Antvasima this is Iustitia Prime. I've been working on an in-depth analysis of the Death Battle episode of Tigerzord vs Epyon and as such have been preparing to update the Power Rangers pages for the original Mighty Morphin seasons. And what I have just found is just shocking. Not only did the pages I successfully argued against being overpowered (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/170914) get upgraded back to absurd levels, the arguments I made from the last topic have been swept under the rug and and now even the Megazords are planet level. This is terrible.

I mean god damn it, Lord Zedd being large planet level is something I already debunked as being the result of magic being used on a Mcguffin called the Rock of Time. He did not turn the Earth himself. And yet his profile states he "effortlessly spun the entire world". For God's sake, please- Stop. Allowing. Naruto. Forums. Calcs. Without. Serious. Inspection. Absolute trash. And I know you agreed with me last time. Half these feats aren't even outliers, they're blatantly misrepresented and I proved this last time. Or straight up lies. All red rangers do not scale. Power Rangers period do not all scale. The entire run of MMPR forced the Rangers to constantly upgrade. What was the point of going from power coins to zeo crystals if they are all comparable? The fact that Forever Red happened does not mean they're equal. Jason's Might Morphin red ranger form is weaker than Tommy's Zeo red ranger form. That's the story's progression. The zeo crystals were more powerful than the power coins and grew in power themselves over time. Even the Zeo cystals weren't powerful enough by Turbo and the new Turbo powers were created to replace them. This is just so stupid.

Please stop allowing these people to destroy this site's credibility. It's an absolute joke that the exact same arguments that I debunked have not only been reconsidered but also accepted and taken even further than before. I pointed out before that if the MMPR were planet level then there'd be no point in city-level mechs. You said yourself my arguments were reasonable and sometimes common sense comes before calcs. You agreed and noted most of the feats were based on leaps in logic or bad scaling from magic. So now the argument is of course the mechs are planet level too since the rangers are! This is cognitive dissonance.

I can't say I have any sway here, but I will tell you that I have no reason to downplay a series I have loved since I got my first Megazord & Dragonzord in 93. You know that whether it's Transformers or Power Rangers I have no reason to misrepresent things. So if you cannot allow these changes to go undone, knowing the opposite is true of people here who straight up are suggesting their intentions are to upgrade based on feelings (the dream is universal?) then I will not return to continue my work on Transformers pages. There's no reason to contribute to this site when discredited wank from folks like Pikachu942 can be seen as vindicated by folks literally just repeating his NarutoForums-based claims.

I have been rewatching the entire MMPR series over the past months and I intended to upgrade some profiles with official data and actual feats with appropriate context. I will absolutely not bother if planet-level Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are going to be a thing here. Please stop letting people make Power Rangers pages whatever the hell they want them to be. I love Power Rangers but I do not want them ranked based on how much I want them to be appreciated.

We didn't use the Zedd spinning the planet thing this time though, we used other instances of people moving the Moon.

Welcome back Iustitia.

The problem is that I do not know anything about Power Rangers, and have handled thousands of different topics, so if it has been a long time, I do not tend to remember the arguments. Also, I have decided extremely few statistics on my own.

However, if you rationally debunk the feats, and everybody try to maintain a civil discussion, I hope that the staff will listen to your arguments, and possibly reconsider if they are good enough.

@Iustitia

The difference between then and now is the fact that we now have quantified feats that have been calced and/or approved by members of our own Staff. Darkanine has garnered a reputation for doing serious research and calculation work, so I feel that these changes are fine given his in-depth study into them.

It is also standard policy to evaluate all calculations before using them to justify statistics. Given the size of this wiki, it's natural for some profiles to fall through the cracks of our regulations, but it is important to remain civil and not be self-righteous about it.

In addition, you are making extensive use of the AoE fallacy, which implies that the lack of destruction the surroundings implies the the attack is weaker than it actually is. Yes, the Megazords don't seem to wreak as much devastation as the above feats, but if we took this at face value then we'd have to downgrade a lot of characters for not busting the area of effects that the actual energy output states they are.

Few judgments are absolute and final on this wiki due to constant new findings. A while ago, I made a thread to upgrade Digimon's strongest characters to Immeasurable speed, but it was turned down due to a perceived lack of sufficient evidence. After Darkanine brought up more evidence, it was then accepted as it now had a stronger basis than before.

In addition:

So if you cannot allow these changes to go undone, knowing the opposite is true of people here who straight up are suggesting their intentions are to upgrade based on feelings (the dream is universal?) then I will not return to continue my work on Transformers pages. There's no reason to contribute to this site when discredited wank from folks like Pikachu942 can be seen as vindicated by folks literally just repeating his NarutoForums-based claims.

If you are childish and irritative to the point of throwing an anger-fit, and quitting simply because the conclusion goes against your opinion, then you are not capable of having a logical and sound discussion, and shouldn't be here.

Rita. Used. Unquantifiable. Magic. Hax. She literally says she will cast a spell to make the eclipse happen. That doesn't translate to attack potency. Even if she did it'd be an outlier as she never does anything at that level. And that's ignoring that we never see her cast the spell; it happens off screen, and there's a huge time gap between her statement and the feat itself. Again, watch the show and stop relying on these misrepresented NarutoForums calcs. Rita's only other listed feat on her page is island level. That's a huge disparity. And again, this was all brought up in the older topic.

And that's me addressing the claim that Zedd's ranking is based off Rita's eclipse "feat" and not his "feat" of spinning the Earth, despite the fact that his profile states he "effortlessly spun the entire world" which again is not true. If Zedd was planet level he wouldn't need Serpentera.

Excuse me, LordXcano, but you will have to say that to them at least a dozen times before saying that to me.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/170914

Read his previous downgrade thread, and you will see an abundance of name calling, accusing others of being stupid / ********, numerous fits of anger, phrases like:

"I can't believe people can be this stupid!", "I'm infuriated!", "How can people believe this bullshit!", "I can't ******* believe this!", "Absolutely ******* idiotic", and so on and so on.

If there is someone who should be warned about crude and harsh language, it's them.

@Iustitia

A lot of things are impossible in fiction. However, that doesn't mean they're utterly exempt from the laws of physics. Moving the moon to cause an eclipse requires energy, and it's only natural to think that Rita is able to wield this energy as part of her spells.

The fact that there are some erroneous statements on the profiles is the reason for these revisions in the first place.

Well, Iustitia has been of great help with the Transformers profiles in the past, so I would appreciate if everybody involved would try hard to be polite to each other.

@Antvasima With all due respect, while I appreciate lustia's help in the past, it's not of much relevance if he has and is continuing to act this hostile. Especially when most of the staff here have contributed considerably more, and lustia is even threatening to stop his help with the Transformers profiles if we do not adhere to the stats he wants.

I'm sorry but there is just a pattern I continuously see of agressive, ill mannered and rule breaking users being let off the hook because they've helped out before, and I don't wish for that to happen here.

With that being said, everyone else should also try to be poilte and respectful. And I'd as well appreciate Matt try not to talk too harshly to lustia.

@Matthew_Schroeder I don't at call consider it childish to call out fanwank where it exists even if done unpleasantly. That's called keeping it real. Childish is pretending that repeating debunked claims and reposting debunked calcs makes the untrue true. So let's spare your feelings. Just like I didn't compromise for SeiryuShin I won't compromise now. I don't belong here so I'll take my work elsewhere. Shalom.

@Ryukama Okay.

@Iustitia Prime SeiryuShin severely mismanaged this wiki, and was nearly completely unreasonable. Matthew takes his responsibilities seriously. They are definitely not remotely similar.

Attack Potency =/= Destructive Capacity. Many characters have Planet level attack potency but can't destroy planets. It's a common thing. I guess some of the wordings should be changed around, I was judging off of memory on a few of them but I had the stats themselves approved by Ever before I made the profiles, and I trust him.

They all involve appealing to his "authority" as a fan of power ranger, abusing AoE Fallacies, either lying or ignoring feats and statements, and using low-ends to justify High-Ends not being accurate.

There is overwhelming evidence to suggest the rankings we have given to Power Raqngers here, so Prime, thank you for your preiovus help, but goodbye.

Sorry, I had to focus on finals so I couldn't come in here to debunk what Prime was saying ,just wanted to get some words in.

@Jakob.

Well, from what I've heard, I think the Vrak feat in the sentai was actually natural and not done by his own power. I know the Goseiger sentai is has a planet feat. From what I've heard from Fractyl and Ever, the Sentai is usually stronger than Power Rangers, or at least they more consistently fight planetary - galactic threats.

Theirs also N Ma, who ate a portion of a timeline...

You can Jakob, but you would need to remove the US stuff from the japanese stuff. For example, using only feats from MMPR season 1, I'll use Rita's original version Bandora.

Attack:potency: Country level (Effortlessly busted the Land of Despair)

But you would need the original source to calc other feats like Bandora blowing a gust of wind that sends two astronauts to their deaths in deep-space and later tossing Burai (unmorphed green ranger, off the moon towards Earth. Since he is of a race predating modern humans, Burai survived atomspheric entry but was out cold for a bit.)

Geki vs. Burai, a duel of brothers: Parts of the footage were used in the Green With Evil miniseries. The sounds of Zyusoken (Dragon Dagger) and Dragon Ceasar (Dragonzord as one seventh of a sentient deity) were kept and altered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOjBcWEJzLg

@Fractyl

The stories of Power Rangers and Super Sentai can be wildly different (ie.. Megaforce was about stopping an alien invasion while Gokaiger was closer to One Piece in plot than anything).

As a result, I don't think we should cross scale.

Well, if the scene plays out the same, but the Power Rangers one happens to be the one that was calculated (Such as in the case of Rita/Bandora busting the land of Illusion/Despair), then it's fine in that case. Other then that, I don't think cross-scaling should be allowed either.

Like Darkanine said, it can be accepted as long as the context plays the same in both versions. But like you said Reppuzan, Power Rangers tends to be a bit more creative how they manage the footage. But some matters would be exceptions to no-cross-scaling like with two scenes from Lightspeed Rescue...

• Carter Grayson's durability from the actual explosion when he killed Demonite at point-blank range.
  • The massive property damaged caused by Olympus's cocoon exploding while the dragon dark lord figuratively rises up from hell.
But there are some scenes not used either because it would more of a PG or higher rating (Goseiger's Metal Alice having missiles on her torso, Goseiger's Kinggon and Makuin having an apparently suggestive team attack, and Kyoryuger's Torin getting stabbed through the back) or it was too overly silly to be used.

The best example of the latter is from Boukenger (Operation Overdrive) where a ditzy girl (yellow ranger) goes overkill with a giant robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKWnVjPZoJ0

Darkanine said:
@Jakob.
Well, from what I've heard, I think the Vrak feat in the sentai was actually natural and not done by his own power. I know the Goseiger sentai is has a planet feat. From what I've heard from Fractyl and Ever, the Sentai is usually stronger than Power Rangers, or at least they more consistently fight planetary - galactic threats.

Theirs also N Ma, who ate a portion of a timeline...
Damn, I'm blown away (no pun intended). Never imagined both Super Sentai and Power Rangers to be powerful verses. I look forward seeing both verses getting a lot of profiles written in the near to far future.

Well, you might be blown away by the newest Sentai group: Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger. Unlike previous Super Sentai shows, Kyuranger takes place in a galaxy far away with its rangers getting their power from the constellations themselves.

So it is essentially a hodge-podge of Power Rangers in Space, Star Wars Rebels, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Based on the starship Orion, the team is composed of 5 humanoids (cheery Leo, aloof Scorpio, emotionless Snake-holder, kunoichi Chameleon, chef Dorado), three androids (fighting Taurus, flamboyant Libra, starship pilot Aquila), an alien werewolf (Lupus, voiced by Roronoa Zoro), and an alien dragonoid (commander Draco, tenth member).

1st episode opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4zhL0a2jog

Back