• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision Part II

It's finished. Could someone remind me how to do the thing where you can change images by clicking tabs?

It's so I can make one for without and with armor for Taven.

I'm also surprised he has no quotes yet, I can recall a few quotes from the game, but ya'll will have to put your favorite pick in yourselves later.

Last edited:
Alright, good luck with that then!

Here's a few of Taven's quotes in the mean-time if you ever decide you wanna add one.

"Obligation?! The quest destroyed my family! Explain to me why I should care!"

"No. This is all too strange. Where is my father? I wish to speak with him."

"Competition? Last thing I remember Daegon and I were summoned to Father's throne room and..."

"I don't understand. Why am I in Earthrealm?"

Okay. You should probably ask for help with that then.

So I believe we can at least scale unrestrained Raiden/Shinnok and soul-amped Shao Kahn to the (K-T) extinction, and possibly Planet level.
I don't think we can. The meteor was was sudden impact and release of energy. A fight is a prolonged conflict with dozens of attacks being thrown out, if not more.

They would maybe get a similar effect, but in no way would they scale 1:1 with the meteor's full output.

As for the Kamidogu I don't think they're 2-C in a way that scales at all to AP. Like the orbs in Outworld that keeps realms taken by Shao Khan merged together, they're more like keystone artifacts than empowering WMDs.

As for the Kamidogu I don't think they're 2-C in a way that scales at all to AP. Like the orbs in Outworld that keeps realms taken by Shao Khan merged together, they're more like keystone artifacts than empowering WMDs.
The Kamidogu empowered Onaga to the point where he took no visible damage from Raiden's self-destruct. Wouldn't he still be rated much higher than usual, even if it's not tier 2?

Well that doesn't really matter now does it. Anyways it seems like the Kamidogu by themselves are quite easy to break by the likes of Shujinko, but they can grant Invulnerability that protects from at least Low 7-C attacks.

Well that doesn't really matter now does it. Anyways it seems like the Kamidogu by themselves are quite easy to break by the likes of Shujinko, but they can grant Invulnerability that protects from at least Low 7-C attacks.
Oh I know;just pointed out the idea of how it doesn't matter what way they function in the New Timeline
We could possibly note the Kamidogu aren't Low 7-C with durability but instead just amp people up to that

Tbh I don't think we need to pause this. We just need calcs for the feats above to actually have some big progress. As for the first CRT, I've updated nearly every NRS profile with new ratings now.

Okay. Can you remind us what we need to do here then please?

Ask people to make calcs basically, I'd try myself as I want to start learning, but I can't work on them in this period.

If someone doesn't do it before, I'll try to gather the relevant feats that have been mentioned and make a comprehensive post.

Thank you. Since it has been accepted, we can use that then.

Speaking about feats to calc, these seem to be the highest, and Sub-Zero and Taven might be good low/mid tier characters for Midway, but I'm not too knowledgeable on scaling.

Taven breaks columns (with three punches)

Taven shatters a large block of ice (with four punches)

The number of punches needs to be taken in account when making the final result in the calc.

Freezing feats can be good but we need actual proof to say that it derives from Chi, otherwise they can't be used for general AP and Striking Strength.

Some things about Raiden:

- In order to use Quan-Chi dodging his lightning, we need proof that they are as fast as actual lightnings.

- The battle between Raiden and Shinnok shaking the Earth, causing extinction and else seems to be consistent, at least according to the evidences in this post, but since it's the result of a prolonged battle neither of them would scale to the total result. However, is there a way to determine a minimum level of energy required to perform this? Like, two 9-Bs could fight forever and not cause this much damage.
And could it be used without problems?

Last edited:
We can just calc these first before getting into scaling. But the scaling seems to be around the place like the current timeline tbh (ex. Jax breaking Quan Chi's leg even though the latter took a lot of good hits Raiden, Jax again survives a hit from Shao's hammer) but it looks like a situation where all fighters can fight each other for some reason. The combined fighting from these guys is strong enough to act as a catalyst to the destruction of the realms, hence the prophecy that Argus wanted to avoid in Armageddon by stripping them of their powers (killing them was considered before that). Maybe if that's not the case then we can do the old fashioned low-god tier scaling stuff.

There's proof that chi is used to boost one's physical attacks as well as an energy that one needs to focus into a powerful ranged attack. Sub-Zero and Quan Chi are good examples of chi = physical attacks/supernatural attacks which is in their lore for the MKDA training mode (forgot the name)

Well Raiden's lightning is what it is, I'm not sure why it shouldn't be that. Is there some new standards now that I haven't heard about?

It would be wrong to scale two characters fighting each other to a meteor event. We never see the visuals of the fight so we're left in the dark speculating how they managed to kill the dinosaurs with their war. It's true that they did make them extinct, but we don't know how they did it. Maybe "likely higher" with the reasoning that they caused the extinction event through unknown means is good enough?

It's good.

About Chi, I was referring more to scans and stuff that prove it, to make everything solid.

I didn't even think about the meteor, just to the fact that they seemingly caused massive destruction, from shaking the Earth's core to side-effects such as the extinction of the dinosaurs and hundreds of years of darkness on the planet. This thing is apparently consistent throughout games, manuals and that writer's statement, but I don't know how much of an outlier would it be, nor if it clashes with the overall scaling.
But if it's good to use, we might try to find a very minimum level of energy required to achieve these results through countless hits.

I might post proof tomorrow, I don't feel like doing it now but I assure you I remember reading about it before. But if you want to see if for yourself, I suggest looking up on YouTube for Sub-Zero's and Quan Chi's Konquest Mode training in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. There was a fanmade website too but I don't remember its full name besides the name "tabmok99".

As for the extinction event, it would just be safer to not give it a specific rating because plunging a realm or planet into darkness says nothing about AP. It could just be a metaphor of Shinnok's war with Raiden being a dark time for the realm back then, but still nothing about AP. Khameleon's bio does say that her original home Earthrealm was destroyed by the gods' clash but that leads us back into speculating in the dark on how that happened and what were the results.

Back