• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision Part II

And probably MKvsDC if we can prove that to be canon
You were told several times in the past and you ignored it everytime, both mortal kombat and injustice say the crossover is canon and both explain how they got there (raiden and subzero) and mentioned again how they went there for real, let alone confirmation from Dominic himself

So would Outworld be of an "At least 4-B" scale?

Anyways, Outworld having a different and slower flow of time from Earthrealm could just mean that it's simply a faraway place that resides in the same universe as Earthrealm. All this talk about the Outworlders' slow aging reminds me of gravitational time dilation and Einstein's theory of relativity. The farther a person is from Earth and its gravitational field, the slower their time will appear for them. In the perspective of someone from Earth (or Earthrealm) whose gravitational field is strong, the time of someone outside of Earth would appear faster than the time they experience on Earth. In the perspective of someone in a place far from Earth's gravitational field or just far from a strong gravitational field, the time of someone on Earth would appear slower than the time they experience in their place. This is why astronauts age slower when they spend some time outside of Earth, much like how Earthrealmers age slowly when they cross into other realms.

MK doesn't go into the specifics of space-time mechanics, but there's examples of that in the games. Outworlders like Shang and Shao Kahn only have long lifespans because of the time differences between their realm and Earthrealm. A thousand years in Earthrealm would be ten thousand years in Outworld. There's other factors that affect their super long lifespans (ex. soul stealing)

Either way, there's no such thing as Low 2-C or 2-C Midway era MK. Tobias himself confirmed that it isn't a planet nor is it a universe, but it might a realm that's probably as large as a solar system seeing how they have their own sun, moon, and stars.

Okay then. Thanks for the summary.

What do the rest of you think?

Adding to the Realm discussion it seems the realms are more spiritual then physical, acting almost as reflections of each other (Earthrealm is Outworld and Outworld is Earthrealm)

I can’t link it on mobile but it’s on Tobias’ Twitter and I also have no idea if it supports or denied what we’re arguing

Last edited:
I saw the tweet too. He refers to it several times as a universe, as well as a "multi realm universe". MK's lore might not follow the typical cosmic space-time stuff that you see in most fiction, because there is a thing in the MK universe called a spiritual plane that all realms have. Merging the spiritual plane of one realm to another will fuse them both as well as its mirror realm which is the physical plane. I doubt that the spiritual plane is its own continuum.

About the realms being more spirtual than physical, the realms aren't really more of a spiritual thing than a physical thing, they simply coexist. A realm has both physical and spiritual aspects, none of them are greater than the other. Unless the wrestler with a cow skull helm or an oversized dragon starts merging the realms, which would require them to manipulate the spiritual aspects of the realms.

The "spiritual planes" isn't mentioned in the 3D era games though, there's no mention of "unbalancing the furies" to fuse realms together. Which is an important aspect of realm merging, but you could argue that the Kamidogu bypasses the need for that, but then again this is an aspect of lore that came after Tobias left MK, so what I said about the Kamidogu > unbalancing the furies is just my headcanon.

If you list links with evidence for them, I can ask again.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.

I made this blog post to give a rough idea what the character profiles are gonna look like when I apply the low-tier downgrades, I made one for Drahmin and Nitara but I'll get to other characters soon enough.

Looks good, but I prefer having specific numbers for AP and dura, maybe a link to that References for common feats page. Dunno where you got the Supersonic reactions tho

Also, the "scared of unicorns" weakness is wrong, the name and the kick itself is feared by vampires, not the animal it was named after.

Supersonic reactions was just something leftover from the profiles that I just forgot to remove.

So ya'll are making separate profiles for the Midway timeline variations of the characters?

Bet, I agree with Onaga though, I think he should have two separate keys both when not 'Kamidogu merged' and when he is 'Kamidogu merged', shouldn't his base durability scale to tanking Raiden's whole suicide-nuke trick in Deception's intro? And I think he used all the power of the Kamidogu combined in Deception. That's a solid Low 2-C for the other key, I believe.

Also, will you be making another profile for Blaze? Changing him? Or something?--

Another question is for the Outworld characters like Ermac, will he be getting a Midway page as well?

So ya'll are making separate profiles for the Midway timeline variations of the characters?
Basically yeah
Kinda like a Post-Crisis/New 52 deal
Bet, I agree with Onaga though, I think he should have two separate keys both when not 'Kamidogu merged' and when he is 'Kamidogu merged', shouldn't his base durability scale to tanking Raiden's whole suicide-nuke trick in Deception's intro? And I think he used all the power of the Kamidogu combined in Deception. That's a solid Low 2-C for the other key, I believe.
He already had the rest barring Shinnok’s amulet which would likely amplify his powers and was killed by Shao Kahn, implying he isn’t that overwhelmingly stronger
Also, will you be making another profile for Blaze? Changing him? Or something?--
He’d just be altered but that is a good point since he’s kinda weird
Another question is for the Outworld characters like Ermac, will he be getting a Midway page as well?
Ermac would, most characters are getting pages split

Yup, besides what Hellbeast mentioned, Blaze's current profile is staying. Maybe if he makes an appearance in a NRS game then we'll make another profile for him.

The OG games were considered Midway too I believe, and I was about to say one of Cyrax’s fatalities were him dropping several bombs and blowing up earth, but then I remembered we will not be scaling with fatalities.

Three, or four more questions.

What do you predict Taven’s tier will be? Considering how he defeated Blaze.

^ Same question above, but Shujinko defeating Onaga in the end of Deception via everyone’s power combined.

And what of Smoke too, will he get a page too? Are you going to just grab each character from the MKA roster?

No feats have been calced yet so we don't know what's his exact tier. He's definitely top tier seeing how he beat Dark Raiden. Has a lot of good destruction feats too.

Dunno about Shujinko but he's top tier.

Yep, Smoke is getting his own profile. MKA characters already have profiles anyways so we just need to edit them.

Thank you for the quick replies!

I might be of use here, will Taven have SoL combat speeds? He has a special move dubbed Speed of Light where he charges forward at his opponent and attacks, although I think this could just be a hyperbole.

It depends on if they have been officially endorsed as canon and/or referenced in the games.

So first of all, we should be trying to scale Taven with his feats from MKA, and Taven mostly given that MKA is the last game by Midway, and then updating his profile according to said feats for starters.

And maybe getting a better picture for him if possible.

Any objections? I think that would be a good start.

Last edited:
Well that would require calcs of the feats that were mentioned by several members in this thread first, before we even touch any of the profiles. That's just how we do it in this wiki.

And yes, I think Taven needs a better picture, preferably one where he has a recognizable silhouette.

Depends, what would everyone prefer? It's kinda hard to find a full-body Armageddon render of Taven.

I could photoshop one of his in-game appearances to be a full-body PNG, but that depends if you guys would appreciate the help with it.

That can work!

If you want, I also have a 3D model of Taven ripped from the game AND Blender, it'd be easy to render him upscaled both texture-wise and into 1080P in Blender as a PNG! :3

Last edited:
Honestly I'd say it's not consistent with the other Midway era renders, but good job on the render. Taven never had a decent full body render anyways until now.

You can replace the current render of Taven's profile but don't change anything else

Back