• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, shouldn't Kitana have some form of Social Influencing for convincing Baraka and the Tarkatans (who were allied with Shao Kahn and likely convinced by Kronika) to join her side, even if she was allies with Kotal whom the Tarkatans dislike?

Now that I think about it, she does have less losses in her living form, but most of the wins are still not enough to grant her even Mid tier, let alone the losses she has against Sonya Blade and Smoke in MK9. I'd say alive Kitana might be at the high end of the low tiers given the amount of victories that she has against low tiers.
Remind me who are the others sitting in mid tier, just to know.
Also I hate how bad the character was written, she first loses to Smoke, then proceeds to defeat him while he was cooperating with Johnny, and then she casually defeats ******* Shang Tsung (letting alone Shao Kahn).

I guess high end of low tier can work, I don't want to drag this thing out for ages. A higher or at least might be useful to indicate she can hurt characters on a higher tier than her, but that would affect even Kabal and perhaps others, so whatever (her victory against Shao becomes a nice skill feat, though).

Also, shouldn't Kitana have some form of Social Influencing for convincing Baraka and the Tarkatans (who were allied with Shao Kahn and likely convinced by Kronika) to join her side, even if she was allies with Kotal whom the Tarkatans dislike?
Yes, she should.

Bump

It looks like Kitana will be having much higher ratings than the rest of low tiers, but she's still among them. Is there any other characters with problems in their ratings?

Also the Krypt Guy has a profile (he's canon thanks to Aftermath) but he scales to High 8-C feats. I was thinking if we should not scale him to the MK characters at all since he easily gets killed by the traps in the Krypt and the Shaolin trap dungeon, but he does have a bunch of Wall level feats and the ability to summon a meteor. What should be his AP and speed?

Bump

It looks like Kitana will be having much higher ratings than the rest of low tiers, but she's still among them. Is there any other characters with problems in their ratings?

Also the Krypt Guy has a profile (he's canon thanks to Aftermath) but he scales to High 8-C feats. I was thinking if we should not scale him to the MK characters at all since he easily gets killed by the traps in the Krypt and the Shaolin trap dungeon, but he does have a bunch of Wall level feats and the ability to summon a meteor. What should be his AP and speed?
@SamanPatou @Hellbeast @Dante_Demon_Killah

I have yet to play the MK11 Krypt and I stopped having access to my PS4 awhile ago and it will keep being so for some time, thus I leave the judgement to others.

Krypt guy (The Descendant of Apep) could scale pretty decently with weapons since he pasted Reptile but he shouldn’t scale to their canon stuff since Krypt is non canon.

We should probably just go off his feats from the Krypt and have a note to the effect of:
“Do not attempt to scale the Descendant based off the other characters; the Krypt is non canonical”

Probably literally destroying some walls to reveal those new areas

He can also split a human in half which is probably 9-C or 9-B

I'd say that Krypt Guy would be 9-C, the guy gets easily killed by blunt, crushing, slashing, and piercing traps as well as those fire breathing insects. The hammer he wields would be 9-B, likely higher since it breaks through walls (something KG can't do by himself) as well as turn Reptile into paste. I feel like this is not legit though since you have to put on the blindfold to reveal him, if i'm not mistaken.

He also uses Ermac's medallion to lift a bunch of rocks and heavy gates IIRC

I'd say that Krypt Guy would be 9-C, the guy gets easily killed by blunt, crushing, slashing, and piercing traps as well as those fire breathing insects. The hammer he wields would be 9-B, likely higher since it breaks through walls (something KG can't do by himself) as well as turn Reptile into paste. I feel like this is not legit though since you have to put on the blindfold to reveal him, if i'm not mistaken.
In fairness that could just be a showing for his senses
He also uses Ermac's medallion to lift a bunch of rocks and heavy gates IIRC
Prolly good LS

Either way I kinda feel KG should have your w own thread since he doesn’t really fit in either timeline (possibly coming from another we haven’t seen)

So have you reached any new conclusions?

Also, what is left to do here?

What do you mean by "work on Elder Gods only"?

IIRC, Raiden made a guess that it only activated when a loved one was in danger as seen by the Cages. I assume the "works on Elder Gods only" thing comes from the statement that Johnny was a descendant of a line of warriors who were part of a Mediterranean war cult bred to fight the gods themselves.

What do you mean by "work on Elder Gods only"?

IIRC, Raiden made a guess that it only activated when a loved one was in danger as seen by the Cages. I assume the "works on Elder Gods only" thing comes from the statement that Johnny was a descendant of a line of warriors who were part of a Mediterranean war cult bred to fight the gods themselves.
It's actually in one of Cassie's texting intros with her saying something like "only works on Elder Gods" so...

That one, I don't know which intro that is, given that Cassie has a different one from what I saw in the game (though I didn't watch all intros yet).

It's actually in one of Cassie's texting intros with her saying something like "only works on Elder Gods" so...

So do we even use intros for scaling

I don't see why we shouldn't, it's an additional information that comes both from the primary source (the game) and reliable characters.

Unless it's contradicted by something with higher priority (like a story mode) it should be perfectly fine to use.
Iirc nothing contradicts it.

I don't see why we shouldn't, it's an additional information that comes both from the primary source (the game) and reliable characters.

Unless it's contradicted by something with higher priority (like a story mode) it should be perfectly fine to use.
Iirc nothing contradicts it.
Because intros regularly contradict the game (See Dvorah killing Jerrod)

Because intros regularly contradict the game (See Dvorah killing Jerrod)
Does it come from MKX or MK11? And what if this one (about the green glow) isn't contradicted? Do you think we should use it?

Imho, unless there's something that goes against it, it should be used.

What is left to do here exactly?
I think we are almost done, there's just this last question about Johnny and Cassie's green glow, then the changes could be applied. Maybe the last things are getting some more calcs and apply them.

Johnny uses his green glow powers even without Elder Gods in the way, such as in MKX where he fought Scorpion on a chopper, then there's his powers not activating when Cassie was initially being beaten by Corrupted Shinnok without the green. Not to mention he got oneshotted by Shinnok when he was freed from his amulet during Scorpion's chapter while Sonya was shot down at the same time as he was. The feats outweigh a single statement from Cassie, who still doesn't seem to be using her powers much in the main story mode.

By the way, I think we need to add an explanation, calc section, and a new summary of the verse's power in the main verse page. The explanation should show others why the profiles are now being separated into two continuities and the calcs & summary should be split in a tabber of Midway and NRS calcs.

Johnny uses his green glow powers even without Elder Gods in the way, such as in MKX where he fought Scorpion on a chopper, then there's his powers not activating when Cassie was initially being beaten by Corrupted Shinnok without the green. Not to mention he got oneshotted by Shinnok when he was freed from his amulet during Scorpion's chapter while Sonya was shot down at the same time as he was. The feats outweigh a single statement from Cassie, who still doesn't seem to be using her powers much in the main story mode.
Maybe they refer to the fact that it amps their strength, meaning that it gives a power boost only against Elder Gods, while against all others it just has "normal strength", as Johnny could use it even in MK9 (not in cutscenes iirc, but in gameplay he could).

By the way, I think we need to add an explanation, calc section, and a new summary of the verse's power in the main verse page. The explanation should show others why the profiles are now being separated into two continuities and the calcs & summary should be split in a tabber of Midway and NRS calcs.
Agreed.

Do you have in mind what feats should be calced other than Revenant Liu Kang destroying the roof of the castle's basement? We could start asking for calcs right now.

Does it come from MKX or MK11? And what if this one (about the green glow) isn't contradicted? Do you think we should use it?
Dvorah’s is from 11 but I believe we ignore pre fight dialogue in general (I think this thread mentions it)
I think we are almost done, there's just this last question about Johnny and Cassie's green glow, then the changes could be applied. Maybe the last things are getting some more calcs and apply them.
More calcs might be nice but we’re basically done yeah

Don't we lack calcs for low and mid tiers? Isn't Scorpion's pillar of fire the only 9-A calc we have?

What are mid and low tiers who care freeze and vaporize? Frost, Sonya (with her kiss fatality), Nightwolf (although it's the pillar of spirit magic thing) and? There isn't that much proof of ki being a thing (the kamidogu empowering Sub's ice power was kind of a proof but it's not canon anymore) but I guess it's consistent overall.

The soulnado is kinda wonky, Nightwolf didn't withstand the entire output due to surface area + forcefield.

So you think we need more 9-A feats? If so then there's Liu's revenant collapsing the basement of the castle with so much rocks. There's Scorpion vaporizing people with his breath too btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back