• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Scorpion considered a high tier? I thought we couldn't backscale weaker characters from him.

Revenant Liu's feat is good, he should be in that range of power to allow scaling to others.

You mean Kano and Kotal breaking the entire door of the carriage? I don't see how that's 9-A.

Sub's feat is not that impressive, trust me I multiplied the result of freezing stuff by five and it wasn't even close to the soulnado or Scorpion's firenado.

bump

In the mean time, mind if I work on a draft of the new MK verse page? It will contain both NRS and Midway continuities but separated by tabbers as well as more sections of info like explanations and calculations.
This is a good idea, thanks.

Ugh I hate it when the wiki somehow doesn't register the space between paragraphs.
Use this: <br><br> put it between paragraphs.

By the way, should we make a separate verse page for the animated series? Like DotR and MK Legends which has separate lore and continuities from the main games.

I'm not sure if they are relevant enough.

Alternatively a page for all other adaptations could be made, including the recent movie and Rebirth.

I just stumbled upon Bo' Rai Cho's profile and I was thinking if he should still be High 8-C. His current AP justification makes sense, but his durability doesn't because he doesn't scale to the full force of the explosion (Sub-Zero does since he was standing next to Cyrax). However I remember that he was zapped with Shinnok's Amulet and barely survived it (without being vaporized). Should he be a Mid tier or High tier? And what feat does he scale to?

I just stumbled upon Bo' Rai Cho's profile and I was thinking if he should still be High 8-C. His current AP justification makes sense, but his durability doesn't because he doesn't scale to the full force of the explosion (Sub-Zero does since he was standing next to Cyrax). However I remember that he was zapped with Shinnok's Amulet and barely survived it (without being vaporized). Should he be a Mid tier or High tier? And what feat does he scale to?
If he survived a Top-tier attack, albeit barely then whatever that grants

Mid Toer is probably best

Iirc Shinnok didn't want to kill him, but rather torture him, so I think it wasn't an attack intended to kill and he still got defeated in a single shot, I don't think we should scale him to that.

But Bo Rai Cho has always been portrayed as a fairly strong character, mid tier should be fine.

Also, I believe his durability and part of his ap make mention of the comics, should we still use them? I know the destruction of the Cyber Lin Kuei facility is canon, but can we still take for granted the way the events went in the comics? Like, Goro's battle with Kotal is still canon, but Goro's corpse in MK11 still has all the arms, I think, so even the details might not be reliable.

For his durability just scale to his ap, since those are physical statistics.

Like, Goro's battle with Kotal is still canon, but Goro's corpse in MK11 still has all the arms, I think, so even the details might not be reliable.
That seems to be a reference to a cut storyline for the MKX comics where Goro regenerates his arms thanks to him hatching the Dragon Egg of Onaga which transformed him into the Dragon King himself while restoring his arms. Sheeva mentions this when he says that Goro's body is rotting because of that power or something.

I think I understand why they scrapped the idea of Goro hatching an egg

Anyway, I don't know if this means we should consider details of canon events or not, but Bo Rai Cho's tier doesn't rely on that anyway.

I think I understand why they scrapped the idea of Goro hatching an egg

Anyway, I don't know if this means we should consider details of canon events or not, but Bo Rai Cho's tier doesn't rely on that anyway.
Okay, I'll put it there myself if I have time.

I've also been making a very detailed attacks & techniques section similar to the Street Fighter pages, except that I'm adding some canon/semi speculated explanations to some powers, skills and physiology. There's a lot to go through, and I'm still planning on adding GIFs of the respective movesets and powers, but since you joined pretty late in this thread, I assume you haven't seen this. What do you think about it?

Taven, Daegon, and Argus also have outdated statistics ratings. They should just scale from Raiden, Fujin, and Shinnok.
For everything concerning the old timeline we are using this CRT.

I've also been making a very detailed attacks & techniques section similar to the Street Fighter pages, except that I'm adding some canon/semi speculated explanations to some powers, skills and physiology. There's a lot to go through, and I'm still planning on adding GIFs of the respective movesets and powers, but since you joined pretty late in this thread, I assume you haven't seen this. What do you think about it?
I saw some of it in the profiles, I think you're making an excellent and admirable job!

Okay, was not aware as some people were kind of asking me about the currently controversial stats offsite. But it's just there's an alternate ongoing discussion. But I did hear that Low 7-C seems consistent for the god tiers of that timeline?

Okay, was not aware as some people were kind of asking me about the currently controversial stats offsite. But it's just there's an alternate ongoing discussion. But I did hear that Low 7-C seems consistent for the god tiers of that timeline?
Offsite? Where?

Low 7-C does not scale to anyone besides Onaga's durability with the Kamidogu due to it being a self-destruct attack. It would not make sense to scale Raiden's physicals to an attack that kills him.

Ah, then never mind then. And it was mostly people randomly asking me via YouTube comments and mentioning "Why is Taven are 7-B via fighting Raiden who is High 8-C?" and other generic questions. Nothing too important, but at the moment the scaling is unfinished.

Well, there is nothing to do about it. The new forums have a lot more moderating and communication options than the old ones, and Fandom's own new forums are honestly awful in comparison.

What's left to do other than finish to apply the revisions? I guess only some calcs like Liu Kang's ceiling feat, but nothing big otherwise.

Okay. Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back