• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, Hellbeast, and DDK agree with 8-B God Liu. However I think him and the god tier should be baseline 8-B only without the 10 tons High 8-C feat. I think he should be "At least 8-B, likely far higher".

Thank you for helping out Medeus.

Just to be sure so no one gets confused

Stuff that is agreed on
  • High tier Liu Kang (alive) and Mid tier Revenant Liu
  • At least 8-B, likely higher God tiers

Not clear yet
  • Mid tier Kung Lao? (I'm not leaning on agreeing with this, but I need other people's input)
  • Mid tier Kotal Kahn? (leaning on agreeing with this)

Just to be sure so no one gets confused

Stuff that is agreed on
  • High tier Liu Kang (alive) and Mid tier Revenant Liu
  • At least 8-B, likely higher God tiers

Not clear yet
  • Mid tier Kung Lao? (I'm not leaning on agreeing with this, but I need other people's input)
  • Mid tier Kotal Kahn? (leaning on agreeing with this)
I fully believe MK11 Kotal Kahn deserves Mid Tier, his only anti feat is against Jade and it's easy to say he didn't went all out against her since, well, he loves her

Against Sheeva he was completely nerfed

Kung Lao I think he should just be Low Tier

I fully believe MK11 Kotal Kahn deserves Mid Tier, his only anti feat is against Jade and it's easy to say he didn't went all out against her since, well, he loves her
Plus didn’t he get injured by Dvorah before this or am I misremembering
Against Sheeva he was completely nerfed
Yeah dude being barely able to walk and yet still fighting Sheeva is a feat for him, not the other way around

Plus didn’t he get injured by Dvorah before this or am I misremembering

Yeah dude being barely able to walk and yet still fighting Sheeva is a feat for him, not the other way around
He didn't really have any notable injuries in that fight besides D'Vorah puking maggots into his mouth, plus the timeframe between those two events is quite long. He might've recovered from that fight and was able to rejoin his army and Jade.

Seems good

So, with the 8-B stuff accepted, who should scale ?

We agreed thanks to Fire God Liu Kang being the fusion of Raiden (High 8-C+) + Liu Kang (High 8-C+) + Revenant Liu Kang (9-A, likely High 8-C+), which means, even without the Jin Sei, he is 8-B since it comes from his very first form

However, that would mean The White Revenants scale, then Shao Kahn scales then...Alive Regular Liu Kang scales (Since this Liu kang defeated Shao Kahn) ? That's the problem, it becomes circular scaling

In my opinion, we should hold this 8-B scaling to only Liu Kang, Kronika and Shang Tsung, the white revenants fight was in canon a 3 vs 1 battle and Cetrion lost to Liu Kang and even had problems with Fujin for example (who's just High 8-C+), I don't think we should really scale them to Liu Kang, Cetrion can remain at At least High 8-C+ (Just like her brother Shinnok), and the revenants I dunno, but being clowned by Shao Kahn in cutscene doesn't really shows them being that strong

If we scale Cetrion to 8-B, Shinnok would scale (I guess, unless his "fallen" state makes him weaker), which means 8-B Cages which doesn't seem accurate for me at all (One Green Power Cage being comparable to Fire God Liu Kang ?)

So, with the 8-B stuff accepted, who should scale ?

We agreed thanks to Fire God Liu Kang being the fusion of Raiden (High 8-C+) + Liu Kang (High 8-C+) + Revenant Liu Kang (9-A, likely High 8-C+), which means, even without the Jin Sei, he is 8-B since it comes from his very first form

However, that would mean The White Revenants scale, then Shao Kahn scales then...Alive Regular Liu Kang scales (Since this Liu kang defeated Shao Kahn) ? That's the problem, it becomes circular scaling

In my opinion, we should hold this 8-B scaling to only Liu Kang, Kronika and Shang Tsung, the white revenants fight was in canon a 3 vs 1 battle and Cetrion lost to Liu Kang and even had problems with Fujin for example (who's just High 8-C+), I don't think we should really scale them to Liu Kang, Cetrion can remain at At least High 8-C+ (Just like her brother Shinnok), and the revenants I dunno, but being clowned by Shao Kahn in cutscene doesn't really shows them being that strong

If we scale Cetrion to 8-B, Shinnok would scale (I guess, unless his "fallen" state makes him weaker), which means 8-B Cages which doesn't seem accurate for me at all (One Green Power Cage being comparable to Fire God Liu Kang ?)
8-B scales to the absolute god tiers only. The ones I had in mind were God Liu, KoT Shang, and Kronika. Just so you know, they're 8-B because Liu Kang's gate shattering feat is 10 tons which is 1 ton away from being baseline 8-B, not to mention that God Liu should be more powerful than busting gates which was very casual for him.

The rest hat you mentioned only scale to the 6 tons feat of Raiden and Cetrion

I noticed that you updated Revenant Liu Kang's move speed to At least Peak Human. You should revert that back to PH only because so far there isn't much feats in MK that involve movement speed, save for Kabal using his powers, Sub-Zero dodging an explosion with his Slide move and Raiden's X-Ray in MKX. Although I do recall Revenant Liu Kang jumping high and fast enough to get on the boat that Raiden and co. were in during MK11.

Oh yeah, I also saw your edit on Sektor. He should probably have one tier only (which is 9-A) since his upgrades didn't do much in terms of feats. Even as a cyborg, he still loses to the same people on his level. Same goes for Cyrax.

I'll also be removing some stuff that came from the Midway timeline as well

The "At least" on Liu Kang's speed was a mistake, yeah

About Sektor, he had multiple tiers so I didn't quite knew what to do, I wouldn't be against a "At least" for his MK11 since he certainly had an upgrade (Even stated by Hanzo/Kuai Liang)

I think Sektor and Cyrax are the only NRS low tiers to have tiers in terms of physical stats. We should remove these tiers but keep the tabbers that separate their human and cyborg abilities. For example, Sektor should be 9-A only, but he still has the tabber that separates his Human-Cyborg-White Sektor abilities.

Btw shouldn't Kotal be Mid tier overall rather than being mid tier in MK11 only? We did agree that he was quite powerful in MKX when he no sold Jacqui's energy blasts and easily broke out of Rain's water magic.

Also, I looked through Noob's profile and I thought he was supposed to be a mid tier (him fighting Fujin in the Temple of the Elements is still canon) and we should probably change the name of his profile to Bi-Han rather than Noob Saibot. Same goes for Sub-Zero who should be Kuai Liang.

We also agreed that he has anti feats in MKX (Kano and Kung Jin, for example), his only Mid Tiers feats are in MK11 and we know there is a time gap between the games, the safe route is leaving him with two different tiers

About Noob, yeah, his Mythologies key is safe High 8-C

Okay about Kotal

Mythologies as a game isn't canon to the NRS storyline. NRS games have their own version of Mythologies' story since different events happened in that timeline, like Fujin claiming that Noob ran away from Fujin. There was a fight before that, but we don't if Noob or Fujin had the upper hand (they seem to fight equally in a scene from Aftermath) and it's likely that they might've retconned Fujin's death via his own powers.

Btw shouldn't Kotal be Mid tier overall rather than being mid tier in MK11 only? We did agree that he was quite powerful in MKX when he no sold Jacqui's energy blasts and easily broke out of Rain's water magic.
Yeah that’s my suggestion
Also, I looked through Noob's profile and I thought he was supposed to be a mid tier (him fighting Fujin in the Temple of the Elements is still canon)
I feel odd with that; he’s forced to retreat from Shinnok and the fight with Fujin wasn’t exactly intense
and we should probably change the name of his profile to Bi-Han rather than Noob Saibot. Same goes for Sub-Zero who should be Kuai Liang.
I disagree; Noob is the name Bi Han is most prominently known by in the series and Sub-Zero could just be “Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang - NetherRealm Timeline”

We could use Sub-Zero (Bi Han) to help refer to the 2021 and Legends characters tho

Also y’all hear about the new movie

Yeah that’s my suggestion

I feel odd with that; he’s forced to retreat from Shinnok and the fight with Fujin wasn’t exactly intense

I disagree; Noob is the name Bi Han is most prominently known by in the series and Sub-Zero could just be “Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang - NetherRealm Timeline”

We could use Sub-Zero (Bi Han) to help refer to the 2021 and Legends characters tho

Also y’all hear about the new movie
Shinnok > Fujin. Again, Midway's Mythologies isn't canon like we agreed with. Also I don't really get what you mean by intensity of the fight, Fujin was nearly killed or banished during that one. None of his moves against him were casual and they were both putting some effort on beating each other up.

Speaking of names, was Sub-Zero's true name ever revealed in the Midway games? I might've forgot.

And yes, I've heard about the animated movie. Unless you're talking about another MK movie I haven't heard of.

It seems that we're discussing about Noob's tier

There's a difference between DDK and Hellbeast's interpretations on what Kotal's tiers should be. After looking through MKX, I remember him taking a hit from the amulet but being injured rather than outright disintegrated by it. Although I'm not sure if the power level depends on its wielder, which was Mileena in this case.

Speaking of names, was Sub-Zero's true name ever revealed in the Midway games? I might've forgot.
I believe Bi Han was said in Deadly Alliance
And yes, I've heard about the animated movie. Unless you're talking about another MK movie I haven't heard of.

Yep Battle of the Realms

It seems that we're discussing about Noob's tier

There's a difference between DDK and Hellbeast's interpretations on what Kotal's tiers should be. After looking through MKX, I remember him taking a hit from the amulet but being injured rather than outright disintegrated by it. Although I'm not sure if the power level depends on its wielder, which was Mileena in this case.
bump

He definitely does survive a blow from the Anulet and I’m unsure if the Amulet is weaker based on the wielder; it’s never mentioned to have that property to my knowledge and we see it being mentioned as wiping out whole legions by Li Mei (I’ll try to find the scene)

So it’s definitely evidence Kotal can compete with top tiers, even if he’s not as strong as them.

Hopefully we can wrap this up lmao

No need to find that scene, I know what you're talking about.

As for Kotal, it seems you and me are in agreement with Mid tier Kotal overall. However, what say you about his anti feats? Outside of gameplay decided matches of course.

Also, before we wrap this up, we still have Noob's problem of being a low/mid tier and Cyber Lin Kuei only needing one key in terms of physical stats. I think we are still in the middle of discussing the former but what do you think about the latter idea?

No need to find that scene, I know what you're talking about.
Ah, a man of culture
As for Kotal, it seems you and me are in agreement with Mid tier Kotal overall. However, what say you about his anti feats?
We could probably put that under his 9-A showings but I’d mostly say they’re PIS (his problems is mostly the gameplay decided fights)

Stuff like the wooden blocks shouldn’t be a problem even if he’s just a basic bitch 9-A and he just regularly has showings above that.

Also, before we wrap this up, we still have Noob's problem of being a low/mid tier and Cyber Lin Kuei only needing one key in terms of physical stats. I think we are still in the middle of discussing the former but what do you think about the latter idea?
Noob I’m fine with being a mid tier (after Kronika enhanced him of course) for the following
  • fought Scorpion or Sub-Zero
  • Fought Fujin in Aftermath

but I’m torn on Bisexual Han Solo

On one hand he is relative to Scorpion thanks to the two or three fights they share in the Old Timeline and the one they have in the new one (imo Mytholgies should count to both but that’s neither here nor there) but then has showings against Fujin. I can’t recall if he used an artefact here but if so he could scale

If not I feel torn; it’s way out there compared to struggling with Sareena and Hanzo and he nevertheless has that level of power again until he becomes Noob (in the old time when he beats Sub and In the new with MK11)

Ah, a man of culture

We could probably put that under his 9-A showings but I’d mostly say they’re PIS (his problems is mostly the gameplay decided fights)

Stuff like the wooden blocks shouldn’t be a problem even if he’s just a basic bitch 9-A and he just regularly has showings above that.

Noob I’m fine with being a mid tier (after Kronika enhanced him of course) for the following
  • fought Scorpion or Sub-Zero
  • Fought Fujin in Aftermath
but I’m torn on Bisexual Han Solo

On one hand he is relative to Scorpion thanks to the two or three fights they share in the Old Timeline and the one they have in the new one (imo Mytholgies should count to both but that’s neither here nor there) but then has showings against Fujin. I can’t recall if he used an artefact here but if so he could scale

If not I feel torn; it’s way out there compared to struggling with Sareena and Hanzo and he nevertheless has that level of power again until he becomes Noob (in the old time when he beats Sub and In the new with MK11)
Okay on Kotal

Ah yeah, I remember Noob saying that Kronika strengthened him when he first appeared. What are you trying to say about Bi-Han?

My point is while I get the Fujin feat I feel it might be an outlier for base Bi Han unless I’m missing something

Okay. No problem. Tell me here when you are done.

I don't really see Noob at Mid Tier, he lost to Jax or Jacqui (Which is a big meh), and has no victories against Mid Tiers, he should be just 9-A

His Mythologies key should be Mid Tier I guess, we can't say everything from the game is canon, but he did had a fight with Fujin with apparently no winner/he ran away/he won like he said, which fits the description of said Tier for me

Despite his fights against Fujin in the NRS timeline, should we put him with the low tiers instead? But we could add "possibly higher" since he actually has feats and statements going up against Fujin, but they are not consistent enough to be added yet they aren't considered outliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back