• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mario CRT: Mama mia, another one!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see the problem with low godly. I even showed evidence in picture form that Mario's spirit or incorporeal form is what gets sucked into the things he captures while his physical body dissipates. There's literally nothing to argue against, especially since Cappy isn't needed to sustain the transformation as shown via multiplayer and Mario can exit the Captures of his own accord.

But that's not part of this specific CRT so that argument should be saved for another time.

For the point made against the Prima guides, I just want to point out that saying "one part of it is wrong, therefore all of it is wrong" is a genetic fallacy. And if we went by that logic, we could use it to arbitrarily discredit whole games from single contradictions. Can you honestly say that the Prima guides don't get most things right, either? Like, sure, part of Daisy's description in one guide is wrong, but how about the rest of the description? Or the other characters' descriptions? The good outweighs the bad, here. Focusing on some bad parts doesn't change that.

We need to talk about wish granting in the marioverse plus I do think the mushroom kingdom is 2-b itself when u count the wrap world's, dimensions, sky worlds, galaxies. And the dream depot makes it an even much higher degree.

If the former is what I think you're referring to, then I'd say leave it for now.

There's a few wishes the Star Rod should be capable of granting that probably haven't been acknowledged. There are entities that exist within the Star Road that are the embodiments of things people wished for, and we know in Paper Mario that the Star Spirits look at all of these wishes and decide whether the wishes are selfish or not before granting them, and they say that it is capable of granting any wish. With these statements in mind, I think it's safe to say any of the wishes in Super Mario RPG should be capable of being granted and thus should be added as abilities for the Star Rod.

There's Luigi wishing to become a great plumber, Frogfucius wishing for Cricket Jam, Mallow wishing to stop being a crybaby, Raz wishing to start a family, Belome wishing for food, Torte wishing to become a world class Baker, Raini wishing for a cute baby, Toadofsky wishing to be able to get the right melody, King/Queen Nimbus wishing for Mallow to fix Star Road and find his way home, a Toad wishing to become the greatest treasure-hunter in the world, Yoshi wishing to be faster, and Punchinello wishing to become famous.

Several of these could just be granting knowledge, but several raise statistics, create things, and probably manipulate fate. Take them as you will.

I think that's gr8 to have more valuable feats for the star rod and I agree also @datoneweeb is gonna talk about it soon as well similar to this.

So, I think Mario should gain a new ability. He should get Passive Wish-Granting.

In Super Mario RPG, there's a place called Star Road. It's a place that makes wishes come true and turns them into Wish Stars once the wish is granted. Mario is one of those people who's wish has come true. Mario's wish is for him to always save Princess Peach. Geno states that without the Star Road's aid, if Peach were to be kidnapped, she would have not been rescued. Meaning Mario faces threats he likely may not have a good chance of beating. But because of the Star Road, this helps him save Peach whenever she gets kidnapped.

You should put the passive wish granting stuff in the OP if you're gonna tag it onto this CRT. For the record, I do agree with it, but I'm not so sure on its scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back