• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Grappler Baki Powers and Abilities Revisions

Okay, I think I understand. So Baki's jab does amp, but there's no way for sure to know if it could've blitzed Musashi because he has Pseudo Mind Reading?

Also, shouldn't we add Pseudo Mind Reading to Musashi?

Ahhhh okay I see it now

So, to clarify, Baki's LS jab would still give a speed amp higher than anything else he can do (unless he were to use other moves that amp with DB or, God forbid, LS jab in DB), but not enough to blitz someone with telepathy?

Antvasima said:
So what are the TL;DR conclusions here?
We haven't come to a conclusion about whether or not Baki's jab is an amp on speed and power for his punches, but it's agreed that he didn't blitz Musashi, as he can essentially read minds

Relative in speed with Baki being able to move faster in short bursts (LS jab, cockroach tackle) but Musashi has better perception speed due to his telepathy and therefore can counter just about everything.

Amlad22 said:
Relative in speed with Baki being able to move faster in short bursts (LS jab, cockroach tackle) but Musashi has better perception speed due to his telepathy and therefore can counter just about everything.
^ I agree with all of this

As for the actual changes to all the profiles, with the exception of Baki gaining limited sealing there are no other disagreements?

The very basics of Aikido and Aiki revolves around manipulation your own Ki and your opponents Ki to do the things done in the art. Shibukawa and others are basically utilizing their opponents Ki against them to redirect the energy of attacks back at them with more force.

I will unsubscribe to this thread for the time being due to time constraints. You should send me a message after you have reached a conclusion.

King Tiger should not be sealing, it's just skill. Sealing would be for when actual ability is involved.

Everything else, I'm fine with.

Thank you both. Sealing was a stretch I just put it to see what opinions were on it. Everyone plus 3 staff members are in agreement so I feel like changes can be made now.

I disagree with the surface scaling, I didn't catch it on my first read. Sikorsky has it because his super grip doesn't damage the walls that he would climb. Hanayama's grip would pulverize a wall so it's just superhuman strength, not surface scaling.

Sent you a message about that already before seeing your comment here lol. But if anyone has any input I'll hold off on Hanayama for now until we get more.

My arguments for him having it is that as long as his grip strength is above Sikorsky's own grip, he should have zero issue holding back on how hard he grips to match a level like Sikorsky and then climb surfaces. It's not like Hanayama can only grip at 100% power and nothing else.

I have no idea why we are even discussing the LS jab, musashi said I could have dodged it but he wanted to see what effects it would have on him. I suppose before Baki wasn't able to tag musashi at all, when he got knocked out, so it could be an amp in speed. I doubt its both speed and power.

Well we aren't talking about it anymore. Now the question is if Hanayama should get Surface scaling

I don't know, I feel like it's a similar situation to Rhito from Kengan: it's not so much about strength, it's more so about technique

Sikorsky has no techniques it's Sikorsky lol. I can understand Hanayama cause he doesn't have technique either, but Yujiro should have no issue replicating it with his mastery of his own body.

Oh no I don't mean he has some special move, I meant their grip strength are fundamentally different. Sikorsky's grip strength lies in his fingers, whereas most people's grip strength lies in grabbing something with their whole hand. To your point about Yujiro, he should 100% have Surface Scaling, as it's quite a simple and basic concept, but with people like Jack, Oliva, and Hanayama, they grip with their hands, making it more likely that they'd crush the immediate surface they're attempting to scale, possibly making the whole surface unstable. Sikorsky grips with his fingers, which directly combats this from happening.

Hanayama's Grip strength isn't just in his hands though, in fact the very first showing of his grip was him using only his fingers to rip a chunk out of a deck of cards. He has multiple others feats proving his finger strength alone is at least on Sikorsky's level. I totally get people like Oliva, which is why I didn't add him. I made sure to only propose Surface scaling for those who have stronger grip strength, but also have the feats of finger strength to back it up rather than just hand strength like Oliva, Pickle, Musashi, etc.

Amlad22 said:
Hanayama's Grip strength isn't just in his hands though, in fact the very first showing of his grip was him using only his fingers to rip a chunk out of a deck of cards. He has multiple others feats proving his finger strength alone is at least on Sikorsky's level. I totally get people like Oliva, which is why I didn't add him. I made sure to only propose Surface scaling for those who have stronger grip strength, but also have the feats of finger strength to back it up rather than just hand strength like Oliva, Pickle, Musashi, etc.
Dunno i think Sikorsky's surface scaling is more a technique/ability of his rather than result of grip/finger strenght.

All he's doing is using his finger strength to pull his body weight up it's not much of a technique in the slightest. Anyone with enough finger strength to pull up their body weight can replicate the feat. As long as it's clear they have the finger strength to do so (like Hanayama) and not just raw hand strength (like say Pickle or Oliva).

I'm inclined to agree, but I would like to clarify one thing before I give my support: are there any examples of anyone other than Sikorsky using Pinch Grip? For record, the three types of grip:

https://aaptiv.com/magazine/grip-strength

It seems as though everyone else is using Support and Crush, but I can't think of anyone who uses Pinch other than Sikorsky (pls correct me if I'm wrong)

Yujiro, Hanayama and Nomi have all show examples of pinch grip for sure. For everyone else no.

Yujiro has been shown to have extremely strong pinch grip when he pinched Baki. Hanayama showed it with his deck of cards feat, or even when he bent a coin in half with two fingers. Nomi showed it when he was rock climbing.

Back