• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Majin Buu and Gotenks' Vice Shout Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said that it was the argument. The reason i said its off topic is because the center of the argument shifted or at least it seemed to me that it did

It's because Guldo ki blasts were likely small, so he used something bigger to throw.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
And my example was to show why that is wrong....
"Ki blasts =/= voice" isn't the argument. Read more carefully please.
The argument is: "Guldo can't fire ki blasts while Character A, who is weaker, can, so being stronger doesn't necessarily make you able to use a certain technique\attack"

Except there is literally zero relation between the Vice Shout and a Ki Blast, other than fact they're techniques. Guldo didn't enter the Ginyu Force because of his strength, but because he had the ability to manipulate time. That's it. In order to be able to use ki, you need to actually train, which Guldo didn't. Seriously, even Saiyans need to train to harness their powers, and Guldo was a fodder-tier with no training whose only ability was to manipulate time. Nothing beyond that.

Things you need to do before learning Ki Manipulation:

• Train
  • Meditate
None of which Guldo did, since he was explicitly stated to have only entered the Ginyu Force because of his ability to manipulate time.

Things you need to do before learning how to warp Space-Time with your voice:

• Be comparable to SSj3 Gotenks and Super Buu in strength.

Okay? There being no relation between the 2 techniques doesn't mean the example's purpose isn't any less wrong.

But whatever. It's like AnonymoX said this thread should be closed.

So I think almost everyone on this thread agrees, right?

Can the changes be made, like Ant suggested? "Limited Space-Time Manipulation" for Goku, Vegeta and the saiyan galz.

And "Likely" for the others who fulfill those conditions.

Did Matt even comment here? I don't think so

There have been cases like threads being immediatly shutted down without a discussion, reopening threads that were already settled and etc.

Since I was not here for quite some time I don't exactly know what happened

but I can see that almost all members agree on this and Ryukama, UniteMyRice, SomebodyData, PaChi, Antvasima, Everlasting, etc are fine with this too.

Well, I think that Matthew seems to have been outvoted here.

I agree. He did reopen this late last night. He likely didn't have a chance to say anything. Even if he's outvoted, I think he should at least have a say in this.

I agree, we should also let him respond about the Emphatic Resistance that was added since he told me he also disagrees with that.

I am obviously fine with giving Matthew the time to respond.

To address Kukui's reasoning as to why Guldo can't use Energy blasts-- which he believes is relevant to this conversation and is apparently why he may still withhold a positive vote for this change:

Dark had kind of lightly touched on it. The reason Guldo didn't use a blast instead of his TK is likely because his energy blasts wouldn't do much. We already know that he was extremely weak. It would be more likely to assume that he figured his blasts wouldn't work on them instead of him not being able to create blasts at all. Guldo should be able to use Ki blasts, as he can use Ki to fly and flight is implied to be much harder to do than firing blasts.

But, yes, I think we should let Matt speak and then close the thread after we make a list of who this revision applies to and the updates are made.

"The reason Guldo didn't use a blast instead of his TK is likely because his energy blasts wouldn't do much. We already know that he was extremely weak. It would be more likely to assume that he figured his blasts wouldn't work on them instead of him not being able to create blasts at all."

Because a stupid tree would be so much better than a blast of energy right? Sorry, but that doesn't justify this in any way shape or form. So Guldo was weakened. What of it? Using an ability to kill them would have been much better and made much more sense. That I can buy. But a tree? A literal tree? Yeah no. There is is no reason at all why he would do that.

Regardless, we all should still wait on what Matt has to say before this gets applied.

I think the next reply Amexim is about to write should go on Kukui's wall, please....

My only two cents is that the Vice Shout is not space-time manipulation.

The ability to destroy space-time is not Space-Time Manipulation, it is instead Space-Time Destruction.

Just like cutting one's soul with a sword isn't Soul Manipulation, it is destroying souls.

It's technically not Space-Time Manipulation, but we still link space-time related abilitites to "Space-Time Manipulation" when putting them into the profiles anyway.

Okay, I'll leave the hard work of figuring out what it is and what it should link to, to you guys lol

Vice Shout is simply Portal creation. Not all portal users can manipulate space-time. Spatial manipulation is a pretty strong hax and can ignore durability. Vice Shout does nothing of the sort. It's a harmless portal attack

@Joseph619 I have no problem giving these people Portal Creation instead.

"can create portals in space-time"

or

"portal creation via space-time tearing"

sounds good to me too

Well portals are usually just holes in space-time so the "space and time tearing" part is unneccesary.

Agreeing it should be portal creation instead.

@Ryukama Yeah that is fine. Portal Creation is basically a subcateogry of Spatial Manipulation with limited use. I hope people on this thread can distinguish the difference now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back