• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magus vs Patchouli Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Direct physical contact, most definitely not.

Just hit with whatever magic. So for fairness sake I'd like to point out that spells such as Dark Matter and Dark Bomb appear directly where the opponent is, so teleporting away from it won't be as simple as people seem to be implying.

While any other spell covers a rather big AOE.

Not saying any side wins or loses here. Just that I had in mind the abilities of both sides so I'm not letting either one get sold short here. If anything, this match is a close one.

Dark Matter and Dark Bomb appear directly where the opponent is, so teleporting away from it won't be as simple as people seem to be implying.

Alright with this in mind, if Patchy is on her A-game and can block every soul attack via barriers or if she doesn't get hit enough times provided Magus's soul attacks won't one-shot her, she can still take this via better range, barriers and danmaku. So I vote Patchouli High-Difficulty.

inb4 Magus has barriers too.

Magus has barriers too (one that absorbs all magic but fire to heal him, one that does the same but is vulnerable only to ice and one that does the same but is vulnerable to lightning). He also has a passive Magic Barrier that raises his magic defenses by a lot (hence why you need to dispel that with the Masamune in game to have a chance at fighting him). But I'll count your vote anyways. Just want everyone to know what both have to use aaaand just realized I already counted your vote anyways.

I'm not sure that Magus could easily Matter Manipulate Patchouli considering that Youkai don't have stuff like brains, DNA, and apparently are made of different quantum-structure than beings from our world.

FateAlbane said:
Magus has barriers too (one that absorbs all magic but fire to heal him, one that does the same but is vulnerable only to ice and one that does the same but is vulnerable to lightning). He also has a passive Magic Barrier that raises his magic defenses by a lot (hence why you need to dispel that with the Masamune in game to have a chance at fighting him). But I'll count your vote anyways. Just want everyone to know what both have to use aaaand just realized I already counted your vote anyways.
would his barriers prtoect him from spells like Sun sign Royal flare which is spaficially not fire magic but sun magic or silent seleine's moonlight arrows?

In-verse, any damaging magic you use that does not fit the element he's currently vulnerable against heals him instead. He can change them at will as the battle goes, but he'll always be vulnerable to one of those three elements.

As for the passive barrier, that works all the time unless you dispel that stuff with the Masamune.

FateAlbane said:
In-verse, any damaging magic you use that does not fit the element he's currently vulnerable against heals him instead. He can change them at will as the battle goes, but he'll always be vulnerable to one of those three elements.
As for the passive barrier, that works all the time unless you dispel that stuff with the Masamune.
curious to the affect of that healing if hes hit by a mixed element like her
Fire Water Wood Metal Earth Sign "Philosopher's Stone"
or
Fire & Earth Sign "Lava Cromlech" Metal & Water Sign "Mercury Poison" Water & Wood Sign "Water Elf"

It would get absorbed the same way, since the Antipode Spell is a combination of Fire and Ice of two characters, and if he happens to be using the Lightning only barrier it gets absorbed just as well.

FateAlbane said:
It would get absorbed the same way, since the Antipode Spell is a combination of Fire and Ice of two characters, and if he happens to be using the Lightning only barrier it gets absorbed just as well.
what if hes using fire and he gets hit by antipode spell?

Also I'm glad with this match. For two characters who are neither spam nor absurdly (more like mildly) haxxed, this is getting a lot of good input.

FateAlbane said:
Also I'm glad with this match. For two characters who are neither spam nor absurdly (more like mildly) haxxed, this is getting a lot of good input.
ya i made several none hax character vs threads but they never get much atention XD

also does that barrer stop pysical attacks? say she made one of her metal saws or swords and threw it at him. although they might be magic based not sure touhou is not the best at defining whats magic and whats physical

Physical attacks are not absorbed so if she threw something like a wood, a boot or whatever it would hit.

Well, since the Dankmaku be flying and with Patchy dealing with Flandre who can use "Four of a Kind" which literally clones Flandre, I believe she can deal with Dups, and if they don't have a decent resistance then they're going to be severely damaged by the Danmaku, also in terms of physical battles then we could use the Touhou 7.5 etc fighting games where they literally fist fight each other.

While Danmaku is a nice thing, EoS Magus is able to fight a thing that fires Danmaku across an entire planet at once so he should be no stranger to beam spam. There's also teleportation to help avoid that stuff.

Other than that, feel free to vote whatever. Just pointing these things out. Both seem to have faced powers similar to those of their respective opponent in the past.

Magus: 2 (ArbitraryNumbers, AndyKhang)

Patchouli: 4 (Matthew Schroeder, Hazerddex, Scarletmoon56, Udlmaster)

Inconclusive:

FateAlbane appreciation bump.

--Current Tally--

Magus: 2 (ArbitraryNumbers, AndyKhang)

Patchouli: 5 (Matthew Schroeder, Hazerddex, Scarletmoon56, Udlmaster, COB)

Inconclusive:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back