• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha General Discussion Thread

Well,i'm glad this franchise got lot's of attention lately,and we get more new supporter.

Also i didn't recommend Force since it's so lacking and boring even with the new cool concept.

You can add me to the list of supporters, since I'm probably going to be one of the most active members of MGLN.

Do you know why the manga stopped or was in hiatus practically after the 32nd chapter of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Force?

@Enryu: Basically, I have to both read and watch Nanoha.

Sounds like Fate/Kaleid there in a way, but cannot confirm atm if the latter is the same like here with that.

Enryu The Red Tower said:
You can add me to the list of supporters, since I'm probably going to be one of the most active members of MGLN.
Do you know why the manga stopped or was in hiatus practically after the 32nd chapter of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Force?
Force was abandoned by the write for unknown reasons and will probably not rerun. A miracle could happen but for now consider Force as dead.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
@Enryu: Basically, I have to both read and watch Nanoha.
Sounds like Fate/Kaleid there in a way, but cannot confirm atm if the latter is the same like here with that.
Aye Photh, assuring to see you in this thread. And yea, Nanoha as a whole is a pretty massive verse so i can kind of understand why the original creator abandonded the verse here at the wiki. I woudnt have done the revision alone.

Eh well, I'm not QUITE sure how much I'll be able to help or what I could do but there may be something that can be done.

It does seem irking that only Nanoha was bothered to be made. No one else, not even Fate or even just a verse page.

That said though, it sounds like Force COULD be watched/read but since it seems it was abandoned, that'll have to cut one part of a series list short off for me there.

@Enryu.

Dont worry, i am currently rereading the main continuity too. We kinda still didnt solve how we handle the 2 mediums tho. Are we doing primal and secondary canon or composite?

We should only start with the primary and secondary canon, since they are the main and most important ones to start and when we collect all the information, we will make the composite

I'm not having any problems with the links on my end. Though it took a few seconds to load and redirect me to the archieved calc link but otherwise, all is fine.

Late to reply/answer but: Maybe? I kind of assume that it'd be somewhat pointless considering someone like her would start out in her magi girl in any given vs fight she may find herself in.

Then I realized after how stupid that is if other magi's like Sailor Moon, the PMMM, and Precure gals can have it. So yeah, she should have Transformation on her page really.

Done.

Also, I think this is also good for any and all of us to try and slowly go through the series and see if there's any other feats that may be missing or not acknowledged and, ofc just as important, what abilities are missing too as mentioned earlier here.

Granted still won't be able to start it until I finish with another that I mentioned earlier but I'm sure at least one or two of us that starts it over if not already will be able to compile some overtime.

I realized one thing ... on the MGLN wiki, Nanoha has a lot of techniques that have not been added to the list of notable attacks/techniques and also lacking a decent explanation about her equipment

Incidentally, the key of StrikerS and Force of Nanoha should not be separated? Since her own profile makes it explicit that she weakened 8% of her power after the events of StrikerS

Nanoha is also a regular girl in the original continuity, but everyone should be weaker in there. The movies have their own timeline as well, and then there's innocent/brave duels.

So,who gonna make massive Nanoha revision? Witch is really busy AF!! that it's unlikely he gonna start re-watching it soon.

Man, I forgot to really comment on here.

Regarding massive revision for Nanoha or if not speaking wholly of the verse, that might not happen for a bit of a while there.

Just finished a VN that took me a bit too much time on to read through (other than a webnovel for it that I've yet to read but eh to that one atm) and I'm also busy (or rather, SHOULD BE) this coming week so I won't be able to immediately start anything of sort here for another short while. Maybe in the next weekend but not rn and even then, I have another series in mind to go and read and help out to revise later too but I should be able to try and start around this weeks...uh coming weekend.

It will take me a long time to finish the MGLN anime first and by the way, I'm in the last two months of my school, so I probably will not be able to post much here during these 2 months, so @Velox, do not expect too much from me because I'll be busy studying

Question, will anyone have links to what the Nanoha characters do? be videos or fragments in YT, gifs, etc. Otherwise, you can put in the appropiated min of the cap/movie.

Also, a blog to talk about the magic/energy that the work uses, its system, requirements, importance, limitations, etc. How of facicones, equipment, technology, creatures, world, etc.

@Extreme

Welcome to the thread. I must sadly inform you that all of that will take an extreme amount of time due to the lenght of the Nanoha canon. Its best to watch the series yourself for the time being, its an fantastic magical girl show.

I have one seried to handle through first and on top of college work getting on me, it'll take forever for me to try and get through with this series.

This is not counting the fact I'm more of a reader than watcher so it'll take some get used to watching again.

Okay so I finally got the moment to start the series for reals this time. Finally got through some Fate revisions and creations so here we go~

Okay 1st episode in.

Liked the slice of life moments for a bit and the pacing was alright. Found it funny that she transforms at the end but goes WTF is all this and that.

Other than subs going a little too fast for my pace, though then again that could be because I'm not used to watching anime as I use to years ago, I thought it was alright for a start.

It'll take some time to get around with but I assure on watching through in pace.

Back