• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha General Discussion Thread

Update time:

Series is still doing alright for me. Still hooked up and no signs of deterioating in its interest. Like I said, however, it'll take some time (by that, I mean it'll take a LONG TIME to go through).

Currently on 4, kind of want to try and get to maybe 7 or 8. Though I am binge watching it so possibly 10 if not all the rest if I pull through.

Speaking of this, I have a lot of issues with Nanoha's page that we'll probably need to have a lot of talking and resolving to do but I won't say anything until either after I finish the first season or get into A's.

... God, i forgot to continue my own rewatching, gonna see if i can keep up tho kek.

Iz by the way nice to hear that you like the series. Nanoha is a great franchise.

And yes, her profile needs some serious work.

Yup, catch on~

Aye. Wonder why I never bothered to watch it for so many years! Man, all I ever knew about it was being a magical girl series and from reading hentai of them ^^;

Mmhm. Just like with Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, we're gonna have to really check in and see what needs to be added, changed, and taken out. Granted, that depends how many I have to go through to do that. If it can be done sooner, yeah...but at my pace, I wouldn't be able to get through it even before the end of this year.

Just have to see how far I'll have to go.

>Hours since last comment of stating I can get through some more episodes beyond 4.

>Just got to 5

Yeah nevermind, I'm not going to be able to binge this. This is REALLY going to take a while dammit xD

Ah my bad. Shoulda updated but sadly, I'm still lagged behind on Ep 5.

I was particularly busy since the last comment/update due to college mainly, DK if I noted that here already sometime ago. Currently have a 4 day weekend but didn't use yesterday cuz of some personal problem I ran into that put my mood down for the whole day.

I have three more days and I don't have anything in mind in particular to do that makes me busy, other than work and reading Fate/Zero, and I do have a site that allows me to watch Nanoha unhindered so I guess I can try and resume throughout this weekend.

Like I said, I'm on 5 and the first season is made up of 13 episodes so I have 8 more to go and that's that.

Yeeeup.

It's slow but that's how it is. Nonetheless, I still intend to have us update Nanoha (more like, actually making sure any of the stuff on her page is legit is what I would say) as well as add in the verse and characters though, that's true for sure.

Oh yeah, I am defiintely slow as hell with this xD. Thankfully its only 10:40ish from where I'm at (AM, that is).

So still on ep6 that I started this morning and we have a feat of, who I take in name as Arf(?), uses her magic to have a Jewel Seed transform and what she did was causes clouds to gather up over the city with thunder bolts being formed and being hectic enough to cause the nearby sea to rage up here and there.

I don't want to say its a storm gathering feat as I'm not sure what counts as one or not but I get the impression that it is.

Speaking of this, this motivates me enough to try and list what I remember/recall.

As far as things are in the first season alone from where I'm at, Nanoha can do sealing (though I have to know how useful that is outside her verse) and she can do wide-AoE magic sensing. Enough to seemingly look around for people or stuff in her surroundings for dozens of city blocks across her town/city whatever. Don't recall if it's the whole city or a certain portion or it or something but that's all I know. And Fate, as she appears in the previous episode or two, should obviously be able to do the same if anything.

Just gonna leave this here with another update before heading off.

So I manage to push myself to watch more episodes. IDK if I started 7 yesterday or not but I watched up to 9 today, so there's some progress.

At the point I'm at rn, we're introduced to the Time Space Administrative Bureau (Or the TSAB to call it shortly). Some things here and there were talked about, like the Jewel Seeds being called Lost Logia's that are relics of worlds that were destroyed due to ending up advancing too much to that of many worlds existing like Nanoha's and where Yuuno, the small ferret like creature that's actually a boy that can transform into one, come from.

Anywho not much else has been done feat-wise. So far I've mainly been looking at DC/AP feats and not much of Speed ones cause I haven't looked at anything that would indicate them being particularly fast. Speed wise first, I only know that Fate and Nanoha have a spell or whatever that allows them to quickly get around each other like a quick blur which I think is, what, maybe Subsonic? Then again it's still the first season so I'm getting there...hopefully. Another feat if this is quantifiable to use is Fate using her magic to pour down over an ocean to get six Jewel seeds and it was powerful enough to cause water tornados to form up and causing shit like I think rain (will have to look back at this one detail) and thunder bolts to form. So it's more or less like the above Arf made about 3 eps ago.

So far that's my update on just the first season alone as of date. Just have 10-13 left and that's that to get to A's.

https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/nanoha-arf-summons-a-storm.37136/

This is interesting. Seems like someone over at the forum above made a calc for Alph's feat that I mentioned two comments above. From the result, that's just over City level by this places' chart standards so Tier 7 has been a given here for the verse as early as this season ^^;

Not sure how many people would scale to this but I assume a lot like Fate and Nanoha I assume?

Alrighty!

Good news to everyone here!

Just to make it short, I managed to finish through with Nanoha's first season so I am THROUGH with this and able to head onto the second season lol. Though by short here I mean that I won't exactly say more of here for right now as it's late (at least by the time this comment is posted anyways, that is) but I will share some thoughts of it, both feat wise and what I think of it so far as a whole.

For now, again, I will update here that I am done with Magical Lyrical Nanoha finally. A's, however, will probably not be done much as I'm at a busy point IRL so I might not start immediately tomorrow or even in this week. Maybe an episode at best but no more.

We'll see.

Alright so not going to be on here long, probably just idle for an hour before getting off with busy stuff.

Story-wise, it was interesting with the bits of slice life here and there while Nanoha, like any other girl her age or older, tries to balance it out with her magical business. The troubles of handling more than one life, I guess ^^;

Anywho, I also thought of the characters as pretty good. Nanoha the most as she tries to make due with how she comprehends everything around and before her with all this as well as trying not to tell her earth friends and family about the shit she does though (spoiler) seeing she ends up be seen by this later on in A's, they pretty much know anyways but understand I guess. Precia, while I can understand a bit, was still a complete A-wipe for treating Fate badly so Aruf feeling bad for what Fate goes through and attacking Precia after seeing it too much was very understandable. Even Asuka(?) not knowing much of what Nanoha is actually going through (at least at this point) was understandable but seemingly she was able to just take it and at least support what she's doing.

Anyways onto powers and feats, I came across the Garden of Time feat that Nanoha and Fate did together on Ep 12. Problem is, IDK how big of a feat that actually is but it's something considering they had to take down a robots barrier that can withstand either one of their signiture big beam attacks alone and I think even keep it up for a moment before finally being overwhelmed and having a hole drilled through the Garden of Time.

For that we'll need to get scans of it cuz Narutoforums, for what I've heard a long while ago, doesn't allow non-members to view anything. Then again it wouldn't matter due to a lot of Nanoha stuff being from years ago and even through the above, there's no YT vid for it though I could have not searched enough on there. IDK, never checked.

As for powers, only things I know there is Nanoha and Fate has Superhuman stats (I assume), flight and levitation, magic (obviously, though Fate has hers doing electric manip magic in her case), binding and sealing, telepathy, energy manipulation and projection, and barriers to create. Also, Fate has dimensional teleportation I think and even Aruf as the latter can go from the Garden of Time to Nanoha's world (supposedly that's what Dimensions refer to as. Just different worlds) though it takes a bit of prep to do that for what I've seen.

Not much is shown with the others (i.e Yuuno, Aruf, Precia). The first two have Magic, Telepathy, can create chains outta magic to bind something in place, barriers, and shapeshifting. Only difference from what I can tell of the two is Yuuno can do short distance teleportation to transport himself away and even bring another to keep them away from Nanoha. Aruf has more as she can fight in her big dog-ish form and the aforementioned dimensional transfer teleportation spell. Precia doesn't have much to go by if any. She can do stuff like attack from her Garden of Time and attack someone with her magic (so something like cross-dimensional range or whatever) and has clairvoyance or something to view Fate though it doesn't seem to be shown if she can extend this to anyone or anything else. She also has, ofc, the aforementioned magic, barriers, and binding stuff but that's the most I remember her from of.

So uh yeah...a LOT to say here ^^;

TL;DR version in case people need it here:

>Liked the Story and the characters though mostly Nanoha and Fate to an extent (for now)

>Garden of Time feat may have to be redone or just to check how accurate the calc is. Note: I didn't exactly see what the 64 KM feat was exactly. Could be in Ep6 when they clashed around a Jewel seed and made it create a large bright dome of energy (though it didn't destroy anything in the city at all).

>Nanoha and Fate, at this point, have Superhuman stats, Flight and Levitation, Magic, Electricity Manip (Fate's case), Binding and Sealing, Magic sense that scans as far as an entire city/town (maybe. also forgot to mention this above), barriers and cross-dimensional travel (again, Fate's case)

That's all I've got outta this but ofc, it's only the first series. A's will likely have more for us to go over and see anything else impressive.

Anyone got an update as to where/what they're at? Still past Season 1 atm and I can somewhat wait on A's for any to catch up assuming anyone is even following this still besides me, Vel and Witch.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Qliphoth_Bacikal/Nanoha_Takamachi_(Revised)

Posting this here seeing as this will have to be a thing to do later on. I and Witch talked about this in chat some days back and figured it'd be best to revise instead of simply deleting it and reposting or something along those lines.

It's bare and has nothing but I did this while its late and all and even so, the more important things is the feats (checking to see which is useful as well as accurate) and the powers and abilities to fact-check too (especially weird and unjustified stuff like the resistances things).

Once Nanoha's covered, I can do Fate next though anyone else is more than welcome to do it. Same thing for the verse page setup.

It's been about a week now since the last of things.

Started A's about less than that from a few days back. Starting out pretty insane-ish in terms of Nanoha just getting a surprise from the new characters called Vita, Shalam, Signum, and Zafira. Just the first two episodes and she had her shit kicked in from Vita alone and even Aruf and Fate had trouble dealing with Zafira and Signum respectively.

All in all rn, really liking this season. Still haven't read the manga of A's that's in relation to it but only because it has stuff that takes place not just before A's main events but after it too so I'll just finish the main season and then read it.

As for Nanoha's profile update, I kinda want to go through at least A's here and then I'll start updating. Just basically start off with her while she's 9 and then later when StrikerS comes, do those in her much older age. I should also do Fate later but after I go through A's so she'll come at a later time.

Alright, another update to take up.

Uh I believe I was in Ep 4 when I made my last comment. Right now I finished eps 5-7, so I have 8-13 to go (basically 6 more and A's done xD).

Watching through here made me believe that at this point, things started to get more actiony than the 1st Season. And it also has the same dramatic stuff like with the first as the Wolkenritter's have Hayate (who I looked up as she goes to later be another mage like Nanoha and Fate) is paralyzed from the waist down and her condition gets worse with her bond with the Book of Darkness to where she'd end up having her organs paralyzed too. For this, the Wolkenritters made it their objective to go to various worlds and try to get the Book of Darkness complete so as to get the power to have her condition stopped if not heal her of it.

Speaking of the Book of Darkness, it was stated by Chrono that at fullpower, it would be capable of messing other worlds. I'll have to go back and see what it means after watching all of A's but I think this feat would be more of a chain reaction considering Precia had 9 Jewel Seeds (there was 21 in the first season of the time) yet together were causing some dimensional fault that was affecting even Nanoha's world. Whatever the BoD could do is just as bad as the Precia one if not worse but I'll have to watch all to get full context.

Gonna leave things from here for now. Will share the powers and feats of what the Wolkenritter can do when I get back.

I'm starting to think this whole thread will just be me talking to myself even though it's to everyone here. ^^;

Oh well, at least I can leave whatever I have found throughout the whole series.

Anywho, I've binged watched all of the remaining episodes of A's so this means I have one series more down or more clearer to say I have done two seasons of Nanoha here. Quick thoughts of this are that this season is more or less kinda like the first one. Familiars being summoned to gather stuff for some purpose (this case the Book of Darkness). Said familiars serve a master as they've done many times in the past, with said master being a kind young girl who actually treats her familiars better unlike Prescia with her "daughter" Fate. And said latter girl along with Nanoha have to stop the familiars from completing BoD cuz it'll endanger their master yata yata yata.

Despite that and with a few of the characters from the first + another just barely being there and here, it was pretty aite.

At this point now, there's even more stuff done and, surprisingly enough, I found a collection of calc blogs from that Narutoforums site that has a lot of DC calcs made for the characters and all that. And considering that, despite hearing from Rep that they don't actually kill people (even though they can do things like vaporize buildings but I've never seen that happen sans one vid or two from StrikerS on YT), they have barriers that allow them to tank these kinds of attacks or endure or hell even take blows from those that can break their barriers, we have something that can now be used for several characters and for scaling.

Sadly though, I can't confirm if these calcs are legit (not a calc or math person here) and Narutoforums seems to have this thing where you can't view images or any media they posted there (Everlasting and Reppuzan can as they have accounts there or so I heard, however). So there is a problem as to how to legitimize these calcs, not to mention there's at least one here that was posted based off from that site but its images are dead and the calc I question it as it scales to S1 Nanoha which I doubt. Keep in mind that said calcs are more than half a decade old (from about 2012, to be exact) so these are likely to be outdated and may need new calcs outta them.

Last two things, I won't start StrikerS for about sometime as it's a longer series compared to first season and A's (about 26 to that of the two's 13 combined) so it'll be of some time to go through when I do but I'm in a period where I can't completely sit down and watch through them so I won't be posting any more that's new for the time being. All I will post, however, is the collection of calcs I found down below this whole wall of texts. I may even make a CRT in regards to them and about Nanoha's profile at some later point too but until then, that's all I'll share once more on this thread.....to anyone that still ever wants to bother talking here.

https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-category/nanoha-calculations.901/view-entries

Alright, so i finally settled for a priority list of things i want to do here. And rejoice, Nanoha is sitting really high up now, thanks to me more or less finishing the baseline for my other verses.

And to gets things started again (Becaue none of you slackers are even trying smh) i will getz some things out of the way that came up halfway through season 1:

1. Should Nanoha get the Jewel Seeds for her Base/Season 1 Key? Considering that she ran around with them for a entire season. It would grant her minor reality warping via wish granting, naturally only for that key.

2. I found a pretty niffty feat in Episode 6 Season 1, where Fate's Familliar conjured a big storm with Cloud dragging over the entire city, so this should definitly get calced i think.

3. Lightspeed Fate and Nanoha via Fate's Photon Lance. Its literally called Photon lance and descriped as magical light. Its just something i want to throw out there, considering that im whatev on it, but this might be legit.

This is the stuff i currently got out of the series. I think we should get some things from Naruto forums recalced tbh. Not that i distrust the site in any shape or form, but i think getting house intern calcs done would stop a new Servant fate calc bogaloo from happenning again.

And just when I thought this died ish xD

@Witch:

1) Maybe? She doesn't actually use them AFAIR even if she had a number of them on her throughout that seasons plot so I'm not sure.

2) That was calced already as I linked them those months back. One was calced at 442 megatons which is pretty damn high though IDK how they did it, and a more recent one was calced at 6.2 megatons which is much more in-line with what storm feats start out at (which I recall is like 1.2 or 4 ish megatons? Forgot the exact number on that)

3) Isn't there a rule or requirement that has people need to prove something is actually light when its something done out of magic? As in if the source of said light was through magic (as Fate's Photan lance spell is done through even), it would need to show some properties of being that no?

It's been a while since I last watched up Nanoha so I forgot some things about them here. Although one thing for sure is I definitely agree that the stuff done on NF needs to be recalced. IDK of the recent Arf feat but the rest that was done by one other person (if you guys go up about around 4-5 comments of my last one) was from 2012 and for all I know, those are ought to be or most probably outdated or need checking (and ofc if necessary, recalcing).

That and I need to get back into Nanoha for reals xD

Yes, im back and motivated, will finish season 1 + 2 this week, no excuses.

1. Its a Yhwach case, it would be out of character for her to use them but there is no restriction/reason outside of her personal mission to not use them. I think its fine to add them

2. I see. It would still fall under calcs that needs to be done on site but the value is assuring. No outlier problems.

3. Yes, we are pretty strict with Lightspeed feats. Im whatever on what we decide. Just throwing the possibilty out.

But yeah, we definitly need to make wiki calcs instead of relying on outside sources. i legit cant acess the ones linked on Nanohas current profiles lol.

1) Fair enough I suppose.

2) Mmhm. Even without the NF one, we can at least always go with the in-wikia value if nothing else.

3) Ah, figured. It's definitely good to bring up but have to recheck sometime to see if it can be used. Even moreso with a calc based on how many speed feats happened when facing against it and all

Overall, definitely have to find scans and make requests for these feats to be done for sure.

Alright, i finally finished season 1... Again. And i am kinda suprised that i never saw this being brought up.

Talking about the Jewel Seeds being able to destroy a good chunk of parrallel universes by force activating them (Dimensional discolation). It never happend but the disturbances were strong enough to shake earth from the space between worlds. Might want to look out for that.

Damn I'm so late to answer this one lol.

About this, I actually knew about it for a while since last watching Nanoha but I never brought it up...mostly cuz I forgot to and it didn't interest me at all at the time lol.

Buy anywho, those for sure can do that had they not been stopped. It's definitely Low Multiversal in range for sure if not also in AP but ofc that would have to be for the Jewel Seeds and even that would have to be done by force activating them as said. Definitely something else for when we can do a proper Nanoha CRT or something.

Not to mention that Fate can fight off one of the Jewels in the anime (and her and Nanoha caused the chain reaction of the Jewels and tanked being directly near them when it began)... So whatever the Jewels end up as they would scale to directly

Necro and All ... But I made a mini blog mainly to try to find out the highest ends of the Jewel Seeds and the general scaling to them... Because I feel they should scale to it, even if minimally: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:The_2nd_Existential_Seed/Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_Blog

... They were explicitly stated as having the ability to destroy the Planets and even Dimensional Universe. Considering they scale to a Jewel Seed that was stated to be nearing it's limits, and Nanoha and Fate in EP 11 Sealed up to Six Jewels together... It's pretty clear they scale pretty close to the Jewel's Highest Levels together.. Since they stopped the force activation of six jewels and was shown consistently fighting the Seeds throughout the entire show.

Also... to imply that Book of Darkness is superior to the Jewels:

The Time Space Bureau couldn't stop her at all. To compare, they could stop the Jewel Seed's NIne Seeds' Force Activation to the point it was halted for a long period of time... They outight stated twice in the show, and confirmed when the Book of Darkness shows up that.

Nanoha and Fate at least somewhat scale to the Book... Considering it launched a Semi-Serious Attack and they defended against it... Plus were fighting it for a good period of time...Including periods of Fate and Nanoha clashing with it & Nanoha being able to at least affect it with her maximum level of Magic. So it's pretty clear that at her absolute peaks they scale to it, and even when not can fight head to head against it.

In-Fact... The Guardians of the Book, Nanoha, Arf, and etc. can all fight and even damage the Book of Darkness' Defensive Protocol... Which obviously should scale at least to the Book itself.

My Upgrade would be something like "At leas 5-B, possibly 2-C" or something like that... Considering even one Jewel Seed through 1/9th would still scale to the level of Power they have before and during A's... and to say they got at least 9x stronger... Is an massive understatement considering all the amps and upgrades... Especially Nanoha's Starlight Breaker which is definitely at bare minimum above 2x.

Back