• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

StorytellingDemonKing

God Universes
He/Him
Hello and welcome to
Magic Knight of the Old Ways
General Discussion!

Volume_4_MKOTOW_Cover.jpg

Where you can buy Magic Knight of the Old Ways:
  • J-Novel Club
  • Bookwalker
  • Amazon Kindle
  • Barns & Noble
  • Kobo
  • Apple Bookstore
  • Google Play Book Store
Currently officially translated volumes:
  • Volume 1
  • Volume 2
  • Volume 3
  • Volume 4
  • Volume 5
Upcoming Volumes:

None. Series has finished.

Last edited:
Yeah. I wanted to add Tenko since she's 3rd most important in the Blitze class but she wouldn't really have much on her profile anyway. Maybe in volume 2 there will be more stuff for everyone.

Alrighty, so I just finished reading volume 2 and I have to say it's phenomenal. It's just so good. The way the characters are written and their development, especially Tenko's, this volume is something that exceeded my expectations. The author can definitely bring out different emotions. There were times where I wanted to punch the screen and throw my phone which thankfully I didn't, and because of that the ending was really satisfying. Also I did tear up reading it. So yeah, I definitely suggest people start reading it.

Also let's talk about the art. Oh my god is it stunning. Vol 1 and Vol 2 by far has the best LN art I've ever seen. It's just so damn clean. Like, I would suggest reading the novel just for the art alone.

Alrighty, so yesterday I did a small review and praised the series since it's that awesome. But right now I will try to elaborate on what I plan on doing for a CRT just so people are up to date.

First things first, the God tiers do not have any quantifiable feats that will increase their ratings in terms of AP. And of course there aren't any outliers or stuff that would downgrade them. So 8-A Sir Sid and The Dragon should stay for now.

But the low-tiers are lucky. Thankfully this volume we learned roughly how powerful Sir Sid is compared to them and where they downscale. So in vol 2 we find out that Vol 1 characters or their BOS versions are considered "level 1" and thanks to training with Sir Sid and learning Will, most of the Blitze class are level 5-6 with the strongest of "year 1" students who have the highest fairy sword rank are roughly level 10.(Alvin is level 8 since he progresses faster than most)

Now the reason this is important is because Sir Sid considers himself to be level 10,000. So basically everyone is 10,000x weaker than him.(likely even more since Sir Sid isn't fully recovered) Some might think this is bad but I did the calculations and dividing the 504 tons of TNT(in joules) that Sir Sid scales to places every low tier in 9-B or Wall level. The level 5-6 are like 9-A or Small Building level and the level 10's are around baseline 8-C or building level. So that's nice.

And of course even though AP probably wont change for the God-tiers, speed will. If even the level 1's can reach the speed of sound this makes Sir Sid Sub-Relativistic. And low tiers do reach hypersonic speeds too thanks to the levels stated they have.

And yes, magic output basically makes AP and speed proportional and the level's presented are explained in a linear manner.

In terms of hax it's nothing really major. Some extra-ordinary perception, purification and small stuff like that.

This is it for now. Thoughts? And of course this is bare bones stuff, I will gather scans when making the CRT.

Last edited:
I re-calculated The Dragon shaking the capital and got a result in 15 kiloton range. The calc got accepted. So now the God-tiers of the verse are Town level(Sir Sid and, of course, The Dragon himself) and everyone else will downscale from that.

I also re-read Volume 1 and started making a sandbox for Tenko. I will probably make a CRT in the next couple of days after I re-read volume 2. And yeah, basically the low-tiers are anywhere from building level to city block level thanks to this calc.

Just learned there is a manga for the series. Though sadly it doesn't look like there is an English translation.

Well there are 4 Japanese Volumes for the LN. But yeah, there is currently 10 chapters available. but I don't exactly know how long it takes for a manga adaptation to happen of a light novel to begin with so cant say how impressive it is

Yeah maybe. But I will say, this is pretty good. Turns out you can calculate a LN feat from manga panels or anime adaptation as long as they don't contradict the original source in what it's representing/recreating. Or something like that.

Heh... I just finished reading the Vol 1. That was pretty good. There were a few scenes that brought the typical naughty tear to my eye.

Nice. Love it when a series gets more recognition. Also tbh even though there are scenes that could be considered naughty they never come off as that to me.

By the way, do you know where i can read volume 2?

You can buy it on the sites I have named in the OP. Basically BookWalker, J-Novel and Amazon Kindle has them. Though, I don't know where you can read free versions if that's what you're asking.

Also you should probably delete the Almas image. Doesnt seem like it's safe to have it posted.

personally I would have it deleted since I myself don't really like that kind of stuff posted publicly but whatever

And the illustrator is Asagi Tosaka

Lmao that made my day ngl.

Also since you have read volume 1 what do you think of the profiles for Sir Sid and The Dragon revolving their abilities and ratings?

For the dragon, no. For Sir Sid it's a little regarding stuff like multipliers and whatnot. I don't remember any major spoilers tbh

The profile seems fine, but I didn't read the first volume to get skills or scaling but what I didn't know was that I would have been very interested in this.

Yeah, I actually saw it recommended on reddit r/LightNovels. It was just so ******* hype. Alma is one of my favorite MC's. It's pretty rare to stumble on good ones in anime/LN industry IMO. Sadly the community is practically non-existent for this series. Though I hope that improves.

Yeah, I actually saw it recommended on reddit r/LightNovels. It was just so ******* hype. Alma is one of my favorite MC's. It's pretty rare to stumble on good ones in anime/LN industry IMO. Sadly the community is practically non-existent.
I'm actually much interested in the relationship between the MC's also harem is life.

Yeah that's definitely a huge part of why I like the novel. Especially the scene and image you posted earlier with Sir Sid and Alma in the same shot. As for harems, the only one I like is Demon King Daimaou's. Dunno about others but Etou, Keena, Junko, Yoshie and Akuto are so cute together.

Back