• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magi Labyrinth of Magic statistics?

KuuIchigo

VS Battles
Retired
So I just finished cleaning/fixing up the verse character profiles as much as I could and going through them the stats looked all over the place. I was wondering if anyone that know about the verse please fix them. I would but I have no knowledge about the verse. Thank you.

I agree. The statistics for the Magi characters are really messed up. I would appreciate help to correct the profiles.

I think it's better to wait till the series is over since the final arc has started. And unlike Bleach, "final arc" in Magi definitely does not drag on for years

^true, at most we can currently do is to give all chars a complete rating pre-timeskip, currently only alibaba showed something worth mentioning :)

PS: i can provide feats but no calcs or the like...

@kiichigo

you should give the manga a try, it is funny and has some well thought out plot alongside a good twist of the bad guys ^_^

I also like it. It is more about differences in ideology than simplified perceptions of good and evil.

Eldritch abomination said:
Too bad,that it is being rushed to be ended
i never thought that the current plot rushs like toriko or other storys,

there is still a ton of stuff that will happen, first of all alibaba helping... i shouldnt spoil for other :) but there is really a lot of stuff, if told with a good and a bit fater pace the story can get a good non-rushed endign by 400-450 chapters :) maybe even 500, i would prefer this number ^_^

GreatestSin said:
Eldritch abomination said:
Too bad,that it is being rushed to be ended
i never thought that the current plot rushs like toriko or other storys,
there is still a ton of stuff that will happen, first of all alibaba helping... i shouldnt spoil for other :) but there is really a lot of stuff, if told with a good and a bit fater pace the story can get a good non-rushed endign by 400-450 chapters :) maybe even 500, i would prefer this number ^_^
I never meant the plot but the series, the author's editor and publishing company is rushing the manga..........Were it should have been 50% done.

^i hope they die [insert a angry smiley into this par], how can they dare to rush this story? it is one of my favorites, really good plot, no plotholes, good powerlevels without some sudden BS power up, a good character cast and also a story wher every important character gets at least some screentime, etc etc, i could write entire essays about this manga :D

oh, and most importantly: MC isnt in the slightest the deciding person of good and evil ^_^

lets hope that the story will get a ending it deserves,

PS: anybody else heard the news? Hunter x Hunter will start getting more chapters soon :)

Wait, is Magi really rushed? I don't get why people rush good series like Beelzebub or Cage of Eden while just leaving the HST be dragging for ever...

I don't think that Magi seems rushed. Toriko does seem to have speeded up a lot lately though.

I agee with ant magi isnt being rushed the pacing is fine toriko on the otherhand is anpther story.Its being completely rushed.

Antvasima said:
I don't think that Magi seems rushed. Toriko does seem to have speeded up a lot lately though.
Looks like Mitsutoshi descided to shorten the Gourmet World saga, but inturn lengthen the Space saga.

Anyways, from spoilers i've read Don Slime has a more solid Star Level feat this weeks chapter. I'l be back to argue it if that's ok.

That depends on whether or not you will be arguing for reasonable upgrades.

Why is that, and from what source were you told this?

The serie is Huge and created a huge mythology around it the current profile page is of Magi is a total joke.

I love the serie and I understand that it might be better to wait until it's finished (even though I Idon't think it will be as wuick as you all expect) But the page is really incomplete.

I think we could at least organize the characters' summary like :

-Main Characters

- Magnostadt's magicians

- Kou empire

- Rem empire

- Balbad republic

- Seven seas alliance

-Alma Thoran's magicians

- Fanalis ( red lions)

- Origin Dragon

-Djins

- Al' Thamen members

- Others

And that's by really going through only the main divisions

I also think the tiering of magi's characters such as Ugo is reaaaaally not accurate. Ugo basicly created a whole new world with new rules and new constraints in order to give humanity a second chance. And he is on ly 8-A ????He is the god of a new world.

Or aladdin who punched judal out of the earth's atmosphere so judal would never come back to earth And he is only 7-B .

I could go on forever but, the thing is that I don,t believe it,s a good thing to leave the page as it is for long...

^i dont think what you said sounds bad, but we should create "keys" for each char, "pre timeskip" and "post timeskip",

the "pre timeskip"-part can be done right now, post timeskip should get upgrades with the story moving forward ^_^

EDIT: i have a question: what can we write to the borgs of a majin?

judar proved that it is able to withstand the envoirenment of deep space for as long as the magician has his power, that means it can withstand the vacuum, radiation and cold up to -190 C without any notable sign of exhaustion, of course it needs to be constantly used but this is a feature worth mentioning right?

Ugo is not a god. He found the new planet to live on, yes, but his body was easily destroyed by a regular metal vessel user.

Antvasima said:
Ugo is not a god. He found the new planet to live on, yes, but his body was easily destroyed by a regular metal vessel user.
as far as i know, he didnt find a planet, he created a new one, together with the transformation of the species and the teleportation :)

PS: naruto and sasuke got moon lvl+ for the feat of creating a moon, Ugo created a planet (and if my memory serves me right even a new dimension) ^_^

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/6151/24-236.0/compressed/v018.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/6151/24-237.0/compressed/u001.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/6151/24-237.0/compressed/u002.jpg

We did not see him create an entire planet, much less an entire universe. Given that this would strongly contradict Ugo's displayed practical power levels, I strongly doubt that we can speculate about him being tier 5-B, much less Low 2-C.

However, we can mention in his profile page that he moved the population of the old world there, and transformed their bodies through some unknown process, but that this was likely via preparation, skill, help from everybody else, and unquantifiable hax, rather than raw power.

^the worls of salomon explicity said "create the world anew", and the last lines of the ch.236 also said "and than, a new world would be created", while the first one can be interpreted as "go to another world and do it right" the latter is pretty obvious :(

for power display: i never understood why naruto and sasuke actuall get moon lvl AP if they create a moon, not destroy, this are two totally opposing sides :/ i only wanted to point it out because it was similar :)

we should mention the creation of a dimension and world in his "power and abilitys" part, teleportation and species-transformation too, but it wont be that useful in battles since this feats require preperation ^_^

Well, as I mentioned, "create" would have to be taken figuratively (as a renewal of society) unless we explicitly see him creating the planet in question. All that we were show was that he transported the population to a planet in another universe. Even Il Ilah has not displayed power remotely approaching this level of scale.

^ from ugos internal monologue it is more likely that he created a new world and dimension instead of only moving them, otherwise he would have said it like that :/

maybe we can add a "likely" to "able to create dimensions and planets with long preperation" :)

As GreatestSi said, he not only created a single planet but a whole new world, with new rules, where everything kinda gravitates around the Sacred Palace of which ugo is the guardian. The sacred palace is kind of the control center of the new world's driving force : The rukh.

[[1]]

See the respond of Alladin to Alibaba he says that Alma Thoran exists in a different space and time than this world

So yea, Ugo created a new dimension by using solomon's guidance and the rukh which he dicoverd back in alama thoran.

Sorry, but there is no evidence that Ugo has the power to create an entire universe. We might be able to insert a "Possibly Planet level via hax and preparation, that is unusable for practical combat purposes" however.

^i can agree with that, magi was never a story solely build on fightings like naruto or bleach, "planet/dimesnion creation via preperation" makes more sense ^_^

Yes i totally agree with you Ugo isn't a great fighter. Whether he created a whole universe or not , I'll try to find scans to back up my word since you're obviously not convinced.

But after his preparations to create a new world, Ugo became an immortal djinn who rules over the sacred palace and his influence goes far beyond a single planet

[[1]]

Here he offers aladdin to rule over countless stars and planets

[[2]]

And here is judal who was sent in space by alladin's magic' 'And Ugo simply appears out of no where in space and changes Judal's course so he won't wander for ever.

Aslo @Antvasima , You said that Ugo's body was easily destroyed by a simply metal vessel user. You do realise that this form of Ugo is simply a fraction of his power he sent to help Aladdin as you can see in the previous scan Ugo's body is perfectly renewed.

When he fought Ren Kougyoku in the begining of the series, he was only able to use physical strengh and his heat magic (on a very restrained scale). During the Alma Torran Arc ugo is often reffered to by Solomon as the strongest magicia : [[3]]

There are two things that rules over the new world and it's Ugo's power and Solomon's will which was brought into the new world by Ugo.

Finally here is Judal getting sent out of atmosphere by aladdin. And aladdin says that he will be pushed to the end of the world proof that in the Magi universe world ', doesn't refer to a single planet.

[[4]]

A few things:

A sand golem that looks like Ugo is not Ugo himself. When Aladdin saw him in the sacred palace he was just a head attended by spirits, since his body had been destroyed.

That Ugo told Aladdin that he received a wish does not give proof that Ugo can control countless stars and planets. It is an unproven and heavily contradicted ststement that was used to test Aladdin's resolve. That is all.

Having sufficient range to change Judar's direction is not remotely the same as having beyond planetary power.

And being the strongest magician along with Solomon would still make him far weaker than his power source Il Ilah, who was just the sum of the rukh of the lifeforms of a planet.

And we still do not have any proof that Ugo remotely had sufficient power to create an entire universe. Most likely he either found a habitable new planet, or he might have created one, but that seems more unlikely.

Anyway, I am getting very tired of this. You are displaying severe irrational bias, and I would advise you to immediately permanently drop the attempts to upgrade Ugo to universe level.

I never said that the sand golem was Ugo ... you're just twisting my words for i don't know which purpose.

You're obviously not open for debate, and obviously did not read the totality of my post. I'll stop right here as you advise.

But if I may, I would recommend you being open to other member's ideas and bring proof to your counter arguments instead of calling their argument's irrational and threatening them.

I'm sorry if i did anything against the wiki's rules. I was only trying to share my point of view but since you're tired of this I'll just stop immediately and permanently.

Antvasima said:
And we still do not have any proof that Ugo remotely had sufficient power to create an entire universe. Most likely he either found a habitable new planet, or he might have created one, but that seems more unlikely.
i dont think it is so unlikely with the way how the story was written, ugo and the last line of the chapter i posted both said new world, and the new wasnt watered with the ", they are mostlikely to be taken literally, it isnt usable in battles, yes, but it is still possible to mention it,

as for ugos current power: we dont know what he can do, as nkonjo said, ugo was only powered by alladins rukh while transferring to the real world, currently he should get a "unknown" as tier,

mostlikely we should make (for ugo) a "human" key, a "djinn powered by alladin" key and a "djinn coverning the sacrd place" key which is also the one who gets a unknown for tiering ^_^

@Nkonjo I have to constantly handle lots of different matters, and do not have much time and patience for each of them. You claimed that Ugo's body was fine, and linked to an image of a sand golem looking like him, even though we clearly saw Ugo as a disembodied head in the sacred palace. Hence, that is how I interpreted your intentions.

@GreatestSin We might be able to separate the tiers between Ugo's human world manifestation, and his power within the sacred palace, yes. But his true form was clearly displayed as badly affected by the previous attack, so it seems uncertain.

Still, on second thought, if you mean the image with Ugo and Judar, I suppose that it could be symbolic, but it could also mean that Ugo had regenerated at that point.

[[1]] No this is not the sand Golem, it is Ugo changing Judal's direction after Judal was hit by alladin's sand golem. Judal was already in deep space at this moment.

@antvasma

than should i try making keys for the chars? by ugo i will make a the three versions which i mntioned beforehand, as for abilitys, in "powered by sacred place" he has the ability to control souls and give them special power before sending them back, he did it with yunan 9 times or so ^_^

@GreatestSin Well, we do not know exactly how powerful he is within the sacred palace, but you can probably describe the additional abilities that he has shown, and give him an extra key with "Unknown. Possibly Planet level with preparation" statistics.

ok, than should i also make the keys of pre-timeskip and post timeskip for the ├▓ther chars?

EDIT: i edited the three keys to ugos page and fitted th various powers to them, can you overlook it antvasima?

Back