• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check the Sandbox for a detailed explanation. All abilities are already listed in the profiles, so this page is for consolidating common abilities into one place.

Here is the Sandbox (thanks to @Phsccarvalho for doing most of the work)

This is how we divide abilities between characters skills
  • Advance Level Magic is applied to Divine Visionary and anyone who is comparable to them
  • Average Level Magic is applicable to School students
Importantly
Time stop resistance ≠ Time manipulation resistance, so please don't get confused. Resistance is solely based on time stop; it's not for time manipulation itself.

Feels free to comment on any doubts in the sandbox

Agree: @Planck69 (Thread Mod), @DarkDragonMedeus (Admin)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Please check the Sandbox for a detailed explanation. All abilities are already listed in the profiles, so this page is for consolidating common abilities into one place.

Here is the Sandbox (thanks to @Phsccarvalho for doing most of the work)

This is how we divide abilities between characters skills

Importantly

Feels free to comment on any doubts in the sandbox

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:
Do you think it's good?

I'm still a little worried about some things, especially the details of some things.

Like, what power goes to Lines and what power goes to Dominion. Like, someone can have a level of power comparable to a visionary but not the ability itself, you know? I don't know.

Would Margaret be like "Dual Line/Domain: Advanced"?

Would triple lines soon gain advanced dominance? Since they are by default above Margaret who has the power of a divine visionary, but not enough magical power to be a triple line?

Another thing would perhaps be a more detailed summary, explaining the magic and the marks in a better way.

What is now just a rather bad text that I left to improve or for someone to improve later.

Why is this in a double line? I only see triple lines performing the feat.

I think it's better to put this imgur, so people don't get confused about why it's time stop

I believe for the basic level, we can add Minor Fire Manipulation via this scene in Chapter 40
Yeah forgot about that. I will add that.
Would Margaret be like "Dual Line/Domain: Advanced"?
Yes. Anyone who has statement for Visionary level will be Advanced others will be just average.
Like, what power goes to Lines and what power goes to Dominion. Like, someone can have a level of power comparable to a visionary but not the ability itself, you know? I don't know.
Would triple lines soon gain advanced dominance? Since they are by default above Margaret who has the power of a divine visionary, but not enough magical power to be a triple line?
Not automatically. They should get some relevant statements or feats comparable to Divine Visionary. Advanced level is not given based on lines; instead, it's based on feats and statements.

For example, Margarette and Cell Wars have a fair amount of statements to qualify for the Advanced level.

Lance's first and second keys will only be at the Average level because he is a student and he doesn't have any statements for his skills being at the DV level, even IZ states he will be at that level but not yet during their fight.

However, his EOS key will get an Advanced level because he became DV.
Another thing would perhaps be a more detailed summary, explaining the magic and the marks in a better way.

What is now just a rather bad text that I left to improve or for someone to improve later.
I think current explanation is good enough.
Why is this in a double line? I only see triple lines performing the feat.
Because a double line generally possesses a vast amount of magic than a single line. The feat is done by a triple line, but we do get Wahlberg and other statements for double lines possessing a vast amount of magic. The statement was made as a large amount of magic is acting as a cushion; it has nothing to do with lines
I think it's better to put this imgur, so people don't get confused about why it's time stop
Yeah sure

I don't like the format. It's unclean, the pictures don't help in the fluidity either. Should just copy how cursed energy page looks,

Remove "none." from the resistances as well. And the pain inducement doesn't need to be said twice if its the same feat.

Yes. Anyone who has statement for Visionary level will be Advanced others will be just average.
And a triple line?

By default they would be > Margaret in terms of magical power, who already has the minimum power to be a visionary.

So I ask twice.

1 - The domain would really have nothing to do with magical power, so wouldn't a triple line have an advanced level by default?

2 - And a triple line that is comparable to a DV in battle? Would he receive an advanced mastery or would it just be a matter of magical power and not having to do with mastery?

Just those doubts.

And a triple line?

By default they would be > Margaret in terms of magical power, who already has the minimum power to be a visionary.
Only people above Margarette are Sons of IZ and anyone who scales to them and DV.
If so they would get advanced level skills set as most of the stuff comes from them alone
So I ask twice.

1 - The domain would really have nothing to do with magical power, so wouldn't a triple line have an advanced level by default?
Yeah domain has nothing to do with magic power
If character is proven to be unskilled they wouldn't get advanced level.
Normally we can just give average skill set even if they are triple liner.
2 - And a triple line that is comparable to a DV in battle? Would he receive an advanced mastery or would it just be a matter of magical power and not having to do with mastery?
I don't remember a character in the series only compared to DV with just magic power alone.
You have any example for this
Just those doubts.
No problem
I don't like the format. It's unclean, the pictures don't help in the fluidity either. Should just copy how cursed energy page looks,
Pictures are based on the explanation given from manga it's better to keep them so that people will get better understanding. CE page also has pictures though. It is posted after the abilities explanation that's all.
Remove "none." from the resistances as well.
Yeah sure
And the pain inducement doesn't need to be said twice if its the same feat.
Which one are you talking about.

On a side note I can't edit any changes right now I will busy tomorrow. I will do the edits when I'm free.

I like the format, I based it on Dragon Ball.

It seems unclean, well, because it is. I had made the format as just an initial version to see more or less how it would look with images.

That's why the images aren't the best in the world, like the first color image above. I didn't even put an image in the middle domain.

I also didn't put divs in the powers part of the Domain.

I hoped that in the future the page would be improved in this sense when I could get help from more experienced people (LoK was banned and the back doesn't have many supporters)

So I also think that the page should be polished before being released in crt.

Last edited:
I don't remember a character in the series only compared to DV with just magic power alone.
You have any example for this
Maybe Dot or Finn? Despite them awakening the triple lines and facing/beating IZ's children, they are still "normal" students (in the sense of not being a genius as a throw) and I don't remember them having declarations of being geniuses in magic or so skilled.

But like I said, it's been a while since I read Mashle so I may have forgotten a lot.

Maybe Dot or Finn? Despite them awakening the triple lines and facing/beating IZ's children, they are still "normal" students (in the sense of not being a genius as a throw) and I don't remember them having declarations of being geniuses in magic or so skilled.
Oh great you brought this up.
Finn is a two-liner, by the way, and yeah, he is only average skill with Double Liner. Dot is also an average skillset guy with DV level power, so he will only get marked abilities, not an advanced level of magical skillset.

Oh great you brought this up.
Finn is a two-liner, by the way, and yeah, he is only average skill with Double Liner. Dot is also an average skillset guy with DV level power, so he will only get marked abilities, not an advanced level of magical skillset.
True, I forgot Finn was just two lines.

But would Dot be an example of triple lines and medium Domain?

If the answer is yes, do you think there should be notes on the page explaining this (like in DB) or not?

One thing I wish I had also done was an example, like there is in DB. Examples of characters with one, two, three lines, as well as in domains.

True, I forgot Finn was just two lines.

But would Dot be an example of triple lines and medium Domain?
Regarding Dot lines because of author forgetting to draw lines I don't know. It might be 2 lines + Ira Kreuz?
If the answer is yes, do you think there should be notes on the page explaining this (like in DB) or not?
We can put that in the character profiles directly?
Finn and Dot are the only one who reached that level raw power without skills. So it should be fine.
One thing I wish I had also done was an example, like there is in DB. Examples of characters with one, two, three lines, as well as in domains.
You can still place them now it wouldn't take much time..

Here's some pictures that can go instead of the ones there.

I'd also prefer it be titled Mages (Mashle: Magic and Muscles) as the page name
This gif would fit nicely
863c5d8ff968b061a90d9e3bb704135e89c1a6ae.gifv

Though I can see these being for magic also
219080.gif

221674.gif

If there's some gif that's more appropriate though we can use it instead.

Liners should also just be these
bb0c87a44975f8c5c7315a3a495a85f390a49128.gifv

Couldn't find one for when it manifests

Seconds
3b43a15b90cc139808583a954c6adb984a477fd2.gif

Thirds
2c1c3ec80962e6e8952ce6c64a5d77deebffa547.gifv

or
52ffb3fb9c7f233924df68eed55bb8481c859044.gifv

I'd also prefer it be titled Mages (Mashle: Magic and Muscles)
Yeah that would be name of the page when I create it. I already had plans to name it that way. (Frieren has same page so)
Here's some pictures that can go instead of the ones there.

as the page name
This gif would fit nicely
863c5d8ff968b061a90d9e3bb704135e89c1a6ae.gifv

Though I can see these being for magic also
219080.gif

221674.gif

If there's some gif that's more appropriate though we can use it instead.

Liners should also just be these
bb0c87a44975f8c5c7315a3a495a85f390a49128.gifv

Couldn't find one for when it manifests

Seconds
3b43a15b90cc139808583a954c6adb984a477fd2.gif

Thirds
2c1c3ec80962e6e8952ce6c64a5d77deebffa547.gifv

or
52ffb3fb9c7f233924df68eed55bb8481c859044.gifv
If you don't mind can you edit the formatting and images.

Last edited:
Honestly, I prefer the old scans.

Although they may not be so well cropped, at least the scan itself explained a little of the context. Like brands.

I also think the gifs are too big.

Some other stuffs to be added. I think all of these belong to the Average Level:

Animal Telepathy: Volume 10 Bonus Stuff

Empathetic Manipulation: Chapter 162.1

Flight: Chapter 4

Lock Opening Spell (Don’t know if there is a power on the site that fits it): Chapter 4
Hey feel free to add it to the Sandbox. If no one added these I will do it myself tomorrow. Kinda busy today.
Ira Kreuz should be removed tbh
Keep that for now until Dot profile is updated. It will be hard to find the scans and explanation again. But I agree with removing it.

Now that a vote has been received, let's stop changing the sandbox.

If you want to put or add something later, do it later.

Done this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back