• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madness combat unhinged new abilities (NEED MOD INPUT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats with this loser making Madness CRTs? is this guy actually freaking stupid? yeah i am.

General additions​

Regeneration (Low-Godly overtime; Nevadeans that die eventually come back to life through natural means when their own essence has been has been merged into the other place as S-3LF energy, and can reform themselves through their own essence)

Non-Physical Interaction (Nevadeans are capable of harming and killing ghosts which can phase through walls, and should be made out of S-3LF energy)

Zed abilities​

Immortality (Type 1; Zeds are said to be capable of living forever)

Halo/Dissonance users​

Chaos Manipulation (Dissonance is described as an infinitely discordant energy)

Power Nullification (Dr. Hofnarr's Divergence machine can nullify Project: Gestalt's defenses and made it vulnerable to damage)

EDIT: Phobos rework. i love phobos.

The Employers/The Auditor​

Soul Manipulation (Stygian brings souls to the other place)

Agreement: ZeedKZ, Popted2, ShockingPsychic (iffy on NPI), y3p_owo, Bendynoah10, Psychomaster35

Mod agreements: Dereck03 (neutral on Power null),

Last edited:
Regeneration should be Low-Godly as their bodies are recreated from a non-physical state. Everything looks good btw.

Regeneration should be Low-Godly as their bodies are recreated from a non-physical state. Everything looks good btw.
Wouldn't it be Mid-Godly since their very essence can be absorbed by The Other Place and still come back to life?

If they don't get destroyed or have their essence being assimilated entirely to the point of becoming another whole thing, then it is Low-Godly. That can also mean some S-3LFs being able to resist The Other Place's assimilation.

If they don't get destroyed or have their essence being assimilated entirely to the point of becoming another whole thing, then it is Low-Godly. That can also mean some S-3LFs being able to resist The Other Place's assimilation.
Fair nough.

I'm iffy on NPI. Hank not being able to hit the Auditor was a major plot point
Yeah but Hank can also hit God Phobos, who is S-3LF energy.

It's very possible The Auditor has layered intangibility, considering he's the only intangible being Hank isn't capable of physically damaging.

that or his intagibility was a different kind, since it seemed elemental like fire, rather than just being spiritual, or maybe a retcon idk

anyway yeah this seems fine

Yeah but Hank can also hit God Phobos, who is S-3LF energy.

It's very possible The Auditor has layered intangibility, considering he's the only intangible being Hank isn't capable of physically damaging.
And iirc, is able to fight S-3LF ghosts in the boss fight with him

Wouldn't this be non-combat applicable? It seems to implies that there is no specific time for them to come back so I wouldn't take it as applicable unless more evidence is proved.
Non-Physical Interaction (Nevadeans are capable of harming and killing ghosts which can phase through walls, and should be made out of S-3LF energy)
Sure
Sure
Chaos Manipulation (Dissonance is described as an infinitely discordant energy)
Why this would be chaos manip? There's nothing that implies any kind chaos here so disagree
Power Nullification (Dr. Hofnarr's Divergence machine can nullify Project: Gestalt's defenses and made it vulnerable to damage)
I don't know, this is more a weakness of the machine as such, overloading/supercharging it would cause all its defenses to break down and make it vulnerable to any attack so disagree
Sure

Wouldn't this be non-combat applicable? It implies that there is no specific time for them to coma back so I wouldn't take it as applicable.
Yes.
Why this would be chaos manip? There's nothing that implies any kind chaos here so disagree

I don't know, this is more a weakness of the machine as such, overloading/supercharging it would cause all its defenses to break down and make it vulnerable to any attack so disagree
fair nough

the divergence machine specifically contains dissonance energy, and it's main purpose was to contain it. the only thing in play there was overloading the machine and using the dissonance energy being contained inside to weaken his defenses.

Last edited:
the divergence machine specifically contains dissonance energy, and it's main purpose was to contain it. the only thing in play there was overloading the machine and using dissonance energy to weaken his defenses.
I mean, they are not nullifying anything, they are using a weakness of the machine as a machine against itself which is the energy overload/supercharge, there is no nullification.

I mean, they are not nullifying anything, they are using a weakness of the machine as a machine against itself which is the energy overload/supercharge, there is no nullification.
what? they're using the Divergence machine's dissonance energy to nullify Gestalt's invulnerability. Gestalt has nothing to do with the divergence machine.

what? they're using the Divergence machine's dissonance energy to nullify Gestalt's invulnerability. Gestalt has nothing to do with the divergence machine.
They said
No, but we can invert its defenses and render it vulnerable, but we are going to need to supercharge the machine
This implies that they need to overload the machine with energy in order to reverse its defenses, machines stop working properly when there is a massive energy overload and that is what appears to happen here.

They said

This implies that they need to overload the machine with energy in order to reverse its defenses, machines stop working properly when there is a massive energy overload and that is what appears to happen here.
'it' refers to the giant 20 foot tall monster attacking them, not the machine.

I remain skeptical.... They need to overload the machine to inverts the robot defenses? Why?

Whatever, but because they need to overload the machine, the powers are supposed to be used against the monster, there is no nullification if not used directly against the target. If they don't overload the machine they can't reverse the monster's defenses, this is very limited.

Whatever, but because they need to overload the machine, the powers are supposed to be used against the monster, there is no nullification if not used directly against the target. If they don't overload the machine they can't reverse the monster's defenses, this is very limited.
I don't really understand what you mean. the divergence machine was used to contain dissonance energy so it didn't kill everyone (and the machine predates Gestalt, meaning it couldn't have been meant to used against gestalt). the divergence machine was used as a CONTAINMENT. not a weapon. Jesus overloaded it so he could use the dissonance inside of it to weaken gestalt. disabling someone's power of invulnerability is nullification.

. Jesus overloaded it so he could use the dissonance inside of it to weaken gestalt
So by themselves they would not have the power to weaken Gestalt..... Anyway, put me in neutral on PowerNull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back