• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing ranged I remember him starting with was that aoe fire made to defeat an army of fodders, and he still started h2h.

> Servant luck -> can stop inevitable outcomes (0% / one-chance-in-infinity), e.g. "a spear that reverses causality to always hit the heart, "a sword that alters fate to guarantee a hit ", but only activates when those outcomes are inevitable in the first place.

Madara's not going to start h2h because he's not dumb enough to try punching a wall of swords flying at him from a person that's clearly not a ninja and he would see how strong Gilgamesh is with his sharingan since verse equal makes magic and chakra =. Madara's literally going to oneshot Gilgamesh and the shields won't help because Gilgamesh has never started off with defenses. Also Gilgamesh using Rho Asias is like saying he would any other random NP because it would help in this fight. He hasn't used it a single time in this character and his precog does not help him here.

The precognition has been debunked multiple times but I'll just repeat it. For SNI, Gilgamesh keeps it off in order to have a challenge in his fights and would not activate at the beginning or 2 seconds into the fight because that ruins the purpose of keeping it off all the time. For clairvoyance, either it's so garbadge that it couldn't tell Gilgamesh to hop on Vimana during any point during the Shirou fight that it won't help against Madara or Gilgamesh keeps it off too/it's non combat applicable.

@Iapitus The Impaler

Your point never had something to stand on, luck in fate universe has never come into play in situations such as this, much less in the example you've provided. Saber didn't get saved by luck against Kojiro, it was the fact that:

a) she had precog to know his 2 slash TG was coming in the first fight

b) she had already experienced the technique and used the opening created by Kojiro's sword being bent.

At no point in the fight it is stated that she was saved by luck.

Also, Rho Aias is not "a conceptual defense against every attack", it only has a conceptual affinity against thrown spears. And even if it was it's practically useless against AoE attacks because it can only be cast in one direction at a time.

Let's do a summary of the situation:

Everyone agree that Gilgamesh opens with attacks that won't do anything to Madara. The disagreement is that:

Some say Gilgamesh will understand how strong Madara is, after the latter easily repelled all the attacks, and Gilgamesh will respond by activating all his shields.

On the other hand, DragonEmperoe says: Madara's first attack won't just repel Gilgamesh's first attacks but will also hit Gilgamesh. I.e he is hit before he can think about his shields.

Also, according to AguilaR101, even his strongest shouldn't do much.

I vote Madara, then.

1. Madara is only High 6-A with his meteor, Mokuton and PS, none of which he leads with. He is not one shotting anything at the start of this fight.

2. Gil opens with GoB spam which is more than capable of harming Madara. People need to stop thinking he has Susanoo active.

3. Gil will hop on Vimana just to get a better view in this weird looking valley (Madara can't touch him without the High 6-A stuff).

4. SNI gets turned on the moment Madara starts using these large scale/terrain changing attacks (he now knows to use Ea and magic negating/cancelling weapons)

5. He uses Ea/Rule Breaker/Harpe/Gae Buidhe/Dearg/Bolg/ DAL etc, Madara gets obliterated and can no longer regen.

1. Sharingan lets Madara see Gilgamesh's chakra and then he will lead with a oneshot.

2. See above for why GoB doesn't help.

3. See above.

4. Gilgamesh won't turn on SNI. If he turned on SNI everytime he saw a big attack, he would have used it on Rider and Shirou's reality Marbes.

5. Ea is the only one of these that would work on Madara in PS and Gil doesn't start with it.

1. Sharingan is useless outside of Susanoo.

2. See what? GoB only fails if Madara starts bringing out Susanoo or the High 6-A stuff. The weapons will rip apart Madara.

3. Still not seeing anything seeing as none of it lets Madara hit him.

4. Gil refused to turn SNI on against Shirou because he is a Human. Against Rider he already knew he had won. GoB alone is enough to beat Ionioi Hetairoi, Gil brought out Ea because he respected Iskandar. SNI was never needed to win against these guys/wouldn't have changed anything once they threw up their Reality Marbles.

5. I didn't say he would start with it. Note how 5 came after 4 where I said he would turn on SNI telling him all he needs to know.

1. Sharingan = Sees the opponent is strong = starts with Susano'o.

2. ^

3. ^

4. SNI is still turned off in order for him to face a challenge. Him turning on SNI just because the opponent beats his first wave of attacks is completely contradictory to the point of turning it off. Madara looks like a human at the beginning of the fight, maybe one with Mystic Eyes but still a human.

5. ^

I may misremember but Gilgamesh shoudnt have an impressive Mana signatur at all, hes prolly one of the weaker servant physically and his impressive shit is outside his body (GoB and EA)

Madara can see the stuff outside his body too tough.

Plus, I think he would use susanooö against danmaku regardless.

His mana is B which is the second highest rank and even the lowest rank E is supposed to be greater than any human. (Third highest if you count EX)

1. Ok, so you are completely ignoring that Gil's strength comes form his infinity -1 Noble Phantasms. He himself isn't strong, this is Base Gil who is far, far below Madara physically. Madara sees a weakling and consequently gets buried under a thousand NPs.

2. Debunked

3. Debunked

4. SNI is getting turned on because most GoB's contents aren't even scratching Susanoo. At this point he just fires any of his anti magic NPs at the giant magic construct. Looking human doesn't matter, HS look human too. Gil is being summoned as a Servant meaning he believes he is in a HGW. Anything that decides to fight him will be considered a Servant unless he has evidence to prove otherwise.

5. (sigh) Any of his causality/reality warping NP will bypass PS. Just like any of his magic destroying/negating NPs and his portals spawning inside of it will bypass it. Ea is simply the easiest/simplest/most direct way to hammer in his superiority to the undead dust bunny in front of him.

1. Why do you think that physical power is what the Sharingan sees? It sees his magic which is ranked B and easily noticeable. Madara pulls out Susano'o and slices.

4. Okay, but how would Gilgamesh know that? He wouldn't have tried every weapon in GoB before Madara attacks him even once. Yeah but HS can detect other HS. Madara's not and would seem like a normal human. Shirou decided to fight Gil, that doesn't mean he considered Shirou a servant.

5. Which one of these does he have? When has Gil spawned GoB portals inside of other things?

1. B is considered an average stat, he isn't using Susanoo. The fact you only argue this proves he can't win outside of using an ooc move at the very start.

4. How would he know what? That Susanoo isn't being scratched? Eyes are these very useful organs. Madara doesn't lead with Susanoo, he will not immediately defend with Susanoo. GoB will look like Tenten spamming sealed weapons, just flashier. Servants can detect magical energy, something Madara would have plenty of in comparison to some pleb Servant. He doesn't consider Shirou a Servant because he knows that he isn't. Shirou is a Master of an actual Servant, something Servants cannot be.

5. Caladbolg warps space, Moraltach warps causality, his space cutting axe (who would have thought) cuts space, Rule Breaker cancels mysteries (anything supernatural), Gae Dearg negates any magic it comes in contact with, Phantasmal Punishment destroys mysteries, whatever channeled the energy powering it, and immediately "heals" them but in the wrong way so you can no longer use it. GoB doesn't need to be opened right next to Gil and he has used them to surround Shirou, Herc, Alcides etc. What is stopping him from opening the portals inside the hollow Susanoo?

1. It doesn't matter if it's considered average for Servants, Madara would still know something is wrong and then use Susano'o because of Gil's chakra points looking weird/not human. Saying Madara is doing something ooc because he's in a different situation is like saying Gilgamesh using EE on a random person is in character which is exactly what you're arguing. Attack the reasons why he would do it because that's what makes it not out of character for Madara to do what I'm saying.

4. How would he know that Madara negs his entire Arsenal after one wave of weapons. Unless you're arguing that Gilgamesh doesn't use that many weapons and that he would assume none of them work because the first wave didn't work. I already explained why he would start with Susano'o. There are humans with energy comparable to servants, look at the True Magic users.

5. How does Moraltach warp causality? Has he ever used Rule Breaker or Gae Dearg? Surrounding someone with portals =/= Putting a portal in someone.

1. You are gonna have to explain why someone having far less chakra than Madara is gonna seem weird to the man exactly? I did not and never have argued Gil using Ea on a random person (leading with it no less) is an in character move. Everytime I brought up Ea, it was in conjunction with SNI and Gil seeing that nothing else he does is working.

4. Gil doesn't throw one wave of weapons and call it a day. The first wave will shred Madara, who heals and realises he needs to use Susanoo to block them. If Gil doesn't fire a bunch of anti heal/regen weapons when Madara starts piecing hmself together, the he fires a second wave of normal weapons which fail against Susanoo. Cue anti magic weapons followed by anti heal/regen weapons which shred Susanoo and the stop Edo Tensei's regen.

5. The info given on Moralltach so far only says it manipulates fate/destiny but its compared to Fragarach which time travels to get a guaranteed hit. Gil also gets a bunch of Fragarach too which is hilarious when you think about it. He has never needed to use them but he still has them and can call them out if needed. I never said he would summon a portal inside Madara, I said he would summon them inside Susanoo, which is hollow.

1. It's just because of the amount of chakra but also how it looks. Chakra has a feeling dependent on where it's coming from with characters like Naruto having a chakra that feels warm and beings like the Bijuu having corrosive chakra that sends bad vibes. Gilgamesh would have a weird chakra signature due to being 2/3s god and a heroic spirit. Madara would factor this in and resolve to kill fast to ensure he doesn't do anything to stop his plan. Even then, you're still ignoring the time difference. You're saying that Gilgamesh has enough time to try all his weapons, see that they aren't working, activate SNI and use EA before Madara even launches a single attack.

2. No they won't. Madara susano'os and slices. Again, you're literally saying that Gilgamesh has even time to fire one wave, wait for Madara to regen, fire anti regen, fire another wave of normal against susano, and then fire anti magic before Madara attacks even once.

3. If he's never used them, I'm assuming that you're talking about him using them during his anti magic wave which by then he would be dead because Susano'o. I'm saying he's never done that before. He's never summoned a portal inbetween a gap in someone's clothing and their skin.

1. Fate does not distinguish between divine prana and normal prana. The only time magical energy is distinguished is between the energy of a being (mana/chakra) and the energy of the World (od/natural energy). Madara s sensing chakra and only chakra, there is nothing special about it. What time difference? Gil does have time to fire a wave, he has enough time to fire multiple waves. Gil who was nerfed and casual easily hit a Herc who was far faster and also amped and did so for the entirety of their "fight". Even at the end when he was caught of guard and right next to what he thought was Herc's corpse, he still reacted and kept Herc from doing anything.

2. Yes they will. Gils E rank wepaons (the ones he throws at everyone) have ran through Mountain durability characters, explain why they won't do the same to Madara. Leading with Susanoo is ooc so stop arguing it. Gil fires one wave and shreds Madara. While Madara regens he fires another. If Susanoo blocks then he just fires anti magic followed by anti heal and wins.

3. What clothes and what skin? You are bringing up stuff that isn't relevant and no one else has mentioned. Susanoo is a hollow chakra construct not some skin tight tech. There is more than enough space to summon portals.

1. Except then Madara would definitely know something is up because the chakra would feel ridiculously pure and like nothing he's ever seen before. My point is that speed is equalized yet you keep assuming Gilgamesh can attack multiple times before Madara can do so once.

2. Either downgrade the characters or it's PIS. The only mountain level NPS are like B rank and higher. It's not OOC I explained why. I already explained why it's not ooc.

3. Susano'o isn't a hollow chakra construct, it is a chakra contstruct.There's no gaps inside of it.

1. What? Chakra is chakra. Gil attacked multiple times before a faster character than him could respond. Speed equal makes this even better for him.

2. Except it isn't. Gil needed A rank stuff for God Hand because of how it works. His E rank stuff which he uses every other time destroyed Zero Saber no problem, who has A rank durability, they were about to total Lancelot even if he kept grabbing them, Gil casually ran through Iskandar, who is also Mountain level, with his physical strength, GoB is stronger than Gil, Caster's monster was also run through with ease. It is ooc and you still haven't explained why, just said "He will notice his different/special chakra and one shot with Susanoo", ignoring the fact he Gil isn't in range of the basic Susanoo (inb4 he goes PS right of the bat).

3. Not a hollow chakra consruct huh? Tell that to Gaara's sand which was moving around in that "solid" Susanoo. Or how about when it was slammed away by the sand wave in the same fight and it was shown to be hollow.

1. You just said he has pure chakra, which no Naruto character has. Madara would notice and react in the way I said. No, it doesn't because speed equalized means that they move at the same speeds. If he is faster than someone said to be faster than him, then that statement is wrong.

2. You're arguing that non durability negating weak weapons will hurt a mountain level character because it hurt other mountain levels. Either they're not mountain level or the NP scaling system is broken. Gilgamesh is city level not mountain level, this sounds more like a CRT then an argument. Yeah, not basic Susano'o, Perfect because of reasons above.

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLSF1mCdB30 2:24 That's not what happened. First, Gaara couldn't go through the Susano'o and the second time he used the sand near Madara's feet where there was no Susano'o. Perfect Susano'o does not have this weakness.

1. You are gonna need to explain what pure chakra is and why Gil doesn't have chakra like everyone else. Yes they move at the same speeds, I'm saying that Gil was able to casually gun down someone who was far faster than him. There is no inconsistency at all.

2. Yes, I am arguing that dozens of Mountain level attacks will harm a Mountain=+ character. They are mountain level characters, the problem is that God Hand specifically needed A rank and up weapons to bypass it, hence why Gil using E rank weapons didn't work. I was just pointing out that Gilgamesh was able to harm a 7-A character.

3. I never said he went through it, I said the Susanoo was hollow which it clearly is seeing as the sand was moving around inside it no problem. There is absolutely no reason to say PS is not hollow as well especially when it can be worn by Kurama.

1. You were the one who brought it up after I said everyone's chakra would feel different due to their qualities and Gil's Divinity/being a heroic servant. Speed ='s attacks too.

2. E rank =/= Mountain level or even Mountain+.

3. PS is like armor. Kurama wearing it doesn't make it hollow, it spread onto him like a symbiote.

1. I said Gil would have chakra like everyone else, you are the one who said that it would be different/special prompting Madara to whip out Susanoo immediately

2. Tell that to them wrecking Mountain level durability characters then. The discrepency you have is with the workings of GH itself (which I have explained) not with feats being inconsistent.

3. You realise armor is hollow yes? There is no reason why it should be different from the base version aside from the different stats.

1. You said he would have basic chakra which is not a thing.

2. It's PIS when something that is not strong enough to hurt something hurts it. GH?

3. That's why I likened it to a symbiote. It is a solid malleable mass.

1. How is basic chakra not a thing? Basic, as in what everyone else uses. That is what verse equalization gives him.

2. GH = God Hand. But it isn't, the weapons have always been shown to hurt these guys. GH just lol nopes it because it doesn't have the right letter associated with it. Even the example given for God Hand is that even if the attack could blow up the universe (I think it was universe), if it wasn't A rank God Hand would ignore it completely. Its a pretty NLF ability inverse but we don't treat it like that on this site (thankfullly).

3. Clearly not in every other form which is all we can base it off.

1. Because not all chakra is the same.

2. But it's A rank because of how much damage it does. A NP that could blow up the universe would be able to hurt Hercules because A = Mountain Level and that's way above that.

3. I'm talking specifically about PS.

the rank of a jutsu is either based on power, danger (to user or those used on), or how hard it is to master. if kaguya were to use like, a fire ball, no matter how weak of a jutsu is it, it would wipe out mtns like it was marshmellows.

1. Then he just gets run of the mill chakra that seems normal.

2. No. It is A-rank because of the mystery behind it. That is what GH was taking into accountblowing up the universe doe not inherently make it above A rank. This is why the ability is really NLF in verse. On this site we scale basic A rank attacks to 385 megatons and treat any AP that matches or exceeds this number as A rank for the purposes of interacting with any techs that involve ranks.

3. And? There is no reason why it woud suddenly start working in a completely different fashion to its previous forms.

1. Then that's not equalizing, that's giving him the quality of power which helps him win. Even if Gilgamesh himself did not have magic, Madara would see the portals and the magic they have. Since the weapons would be so strong, he would know that he needs to kill Gil right then and there. There are no portal techniques in Naruto that don't belong to god tiers. I'm not talking about teleportation, but actual portals so Madara would take Gil very seriously.

2. Mystery is like an added bonus. If there's a really strong NP and it happens to be old, it being old isn't what makes it strong, it's what makes it stronger.

3. Because it's shown to work that way.

1. That is equalizing. Gil uses basic mana like every other person in the verse who uses mana. There is nothing special about it so why, when it is equalized to chakra, would it be any different here?

2. Mystery is what makes it strong. Its why when Servants are hit by any attack that does not have any mystery, they are unaffected.If you hit any of them with a nuke, they would be perfectly fine because it has no mystery.

3. When? Show me one panel of it ever being a completely solid mass of chakra. Until you do, it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back