• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The starting distance combined with Madara's vastly superior AP does make me think he holds an advantage there.

Axl233 said:
Im voting for Madara.
Gil is soo cocky and overconfident to the point of underestimate his opponents,being like "hit me im know its not gonna work but im will let you try it cause im nice" and before he overthink his life choices he gets destroyed by Madara Country level attacks.
The bold part is not true. Even while being a douche, Gil isn't the person who likes tanking attacks. Just like when Lancelot throws two nameless Noble Phantasm at him or when he attacked Gil with missiles from Jet fighter, Gil dodge all of that.

Edit: Gil can also just spawned GoB from behind Madara or shots chains of Enkidu to restrain him.

Theglassman12 said:
Madara's regen with Edo tensei should help him with the spatial cut.
Gil is conceded but he isn't dumb. If madara starts to regen he'll drop Black Keys, Harpe, Gae Bolg, and/or Gae Dearg on his ass

Iapitus

none of those are getting pass Susanno defense. He either go for space cut and Madara regens or he tries to null regen and Susanoo flicks them aside like nothing. Though I wouldn't put it pass Gil to have a NP with both qualities, but considering how he doesn't like to use Sha Naqba Imuru in this form. The chances of him choosing such a specific weapon is extremely unlikely.

I mean Gae Dearg and Gae Buidhe that are basically meant for this kind of thing. In fact, they are basically meant to be used together. One nullifies the super natural and the other creates wounds that will not heal.

The fight starts a couple of meters apart, there is not much Gilgamesh can do at that range considering Madara can pull out his Susanoo even when restrained meaning Enkidou is useless, that same Susanoo is also way too tanky for it to be penetrated by anything coming out of GoB unless they have a passive hax to bypass durability, and such NPs are rarely seen coming out of Gil's inventory.

AFAIK the only weapon that would bypass Susanoo by being simply launched as projectile from GoB is Gae-Darg thanks to its abilities, but even then it's very likely that Madara will be able to see it coming as it approaches and move out of its path, and assuming it hits, Edo regen would heal him without problem as it lacks the anti regen properties of other weapons.

Gil needs to use the special abilities of his NPs which require him to actually wield the things and activate them, meaning the sharingan's precog is going to be in play there giving Madara ample time to dodge his attacks like Saber and instantly counter him.

Ea, on top of being something he is extremely reluctant to pull, it is also a weapon that requires time to be charged to full power, and Gil can be attacked as he attempts to pull it out like in UBW.

Imo Gil loses more often than not, he can really only rely on getting some breathing room to use Ea, and he is very limited in options to do so when most weapons shoot out of GoB are going to be useless.

Technically, sharigan precog only works by reading muscle movements, so it wouldn't be able to precog a giant laser coming out of a sword, or the space around the sword freezing over with ice, or the space being cut through by the axe, etc.

Ea also doesn't need to be charged to full power, it can be used without charging and still has the dura ignoring spatial tearing. The process of charging it would also cause space-time around him to shatter even without it reaching its full charge.

Other than that, I agree. The starting distance is really what kills Gil imo, if it wasn't for that he would be flying around on Vimana and eventually pull Ea which would let him win.

so it wouldn't be able to precog a giant laser coming out of a sword

It can predict energy too. The other stuff like not tough, exept maybe freezing.

It is predicting energy, it is also what gives him minor x-ray vision, as sasuke saw chakra through a rocks in a cave.

Not being able to predict chakra would have resulted in deidara killing sasuke due to not seeing the cellural bombs though, so they can definitly see energy.

Monarch Laciel said:
Technically, sharigan precog only works by reading muscle movements, so it wouldn't be able to precog a giant laser coming out of a sword, or the space around the sword freezing over with ice, or the space being cut through by the axe, etc.
A lot of NPs are activated by performing specific motions that involve muscle movement beforehand though, Saber, for example, always swings her sword before Excalibur's beam is activated, it wouldn't be outside of the Sharingan's capabilities to know its going to release some form of energy considering it can predict jutsus that release energy in a similar manner. Gil's axe is not really something out of the sharingan's ability to predict considering he does a clear slashing motion with it as he uses it and similar abilities like the kamui exist in the setting.

Actually, I just rememberd. Sharingan might be able to see chakra, but it can't predict it. So while it could predict the slashing motion, it wouldn't see the magical energy in the sword shooting out / space being sliced until it had happened.

It wouldn't be able to predict how to perform justu, as hte hand signs alone asren't enough to perform them.

Perfect Susanoo can send shockwaves for tens of kilometers with a casual wave of the sword,destroying everything in its path.

Sharingan can see the energy concentrations and energy itself.Obito could predict amaterasu from Sasuke,cause he saw how Sasuke concentrated energy in his left eye.

Also because he knew Amateratsu was a thing.

He wouldn't be able to predict just any effect just by seeing energy gathering for it. He'd know something is coming, but that would just be logic, not precog, and he wouldn't know for sure what.

SchroKatze said:
No one in Naruto gathers energy in a weapon to shoot a laser from it. They just reinforce it.
Yeah, lots of people do that, samurai come to mind. Or danzo with his wind stuff, or sasuke with electricity.

I don't know why one-shotting is even being brought up. Both of these characters have to be some of the cockiest mofos I've seen in anime (Which is why I love them). It's gonna be a long a drawn out fight until they both eventually go all out.

Examples of Gilgamesh holding back the entire time. Gilgamesh vs Hercules, Alexander The Great, and Emiya.

Examples of Madara holding back the entire time THE ENTIRE FOURTH GREAT NINJA WAR

I'm undecided however, I can see how both sides could win.

am i to assume that magic= chakra? if so, madara kinda destroys him. and another thing- is this edo madara with all his powers, just rinnegan, just mokuton, or just ems? elaborate please

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
am i to assume that magic= chakra? if so, madara kinda destroys him. and another thing- is this edo madara with all his powers, just rinnegan, just mokuton, or just ems? elaborate please
I just assumed edo with all.

thing is, madara with just his ems is already kurama lvl, this gets doubled (possibly higher) with his rinnegan, and same goes for the mokuton. there is a huge difference from just madara with his sharingan, and a full powered one.

This is Edo Madara with practically everything that he has at that point. So he has EMS and Rinnegan, though I don't remember him having that fan thing that reflects attacks during the war.

he does have it, but anyhow, is magic equal to chakra? if so, i think it might be a stomp in his favour, if not, then i really dont know. ive watched fate once, so my knowledge on it is not that good, but i know my madaras lol

What is the meaning of this Glassman, what madness have you brought here

do you have a vendetta against my husbando???!!

Verse equalization makes it so that chakra = magic. Also I don't see how that destroys Gilgamesh when he also has a good chance to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back