• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara Uchiha vs Elminster Aumar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Madara
Elminster 2
Finally finished the latter's profile, decided to celebrate by bringing back a character I find fun to use in Vs Debates (the former.) Both are, after all, in roughly the same ballpark stat-wise and have ridiculous amounts of hax.
And of course, if you need any clarification on how any abilities work, I believe I can provide that for you.

Conditions:

Fight takes place in the general area around the root of the Divine Tree. All standard battle conditions save that each gets 20 seconds of banter-filled prep time to set up strategies and active buffs and such, and to quickly evaluate their opponent, and that starting distance for the battle itself is 200 meters. Oh, and using the Wish spell in direct combat isn't permitted: it's really hard to use/vague anyways, and isn't really in-character, so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Who wins this, the Uchiha or the Sage? Stating your reasoning is required, and remember that one/two-word votes aren't enough to count.

Well, that's only with Wish, which isn't allowed and narratively wouldn't be in-character anyways. Without, his best stuff tends to be Moon to Small Planet (roughly = Madara's best), and his casual stuff is Town (again, roughly = Madara's casual), other than that anything goes.

Going by profiles I think Elminster would take this via Speed, haxs and AP, it doesn't seem like if Madara can keep up with this guy.

Reading through Eliminsters page, he could slow Madara down, wrap him in a strong web and destroy him with his more powerful offensive spells.

From what I know regarding mages in D&D, and Elminster in particular, he could just contingency-spam Madara to death. Shouldn't he have the Power Word. Death in his arsenal?

Where does his speed come from by the way?

"Some of Elminster's spells require certain material components in order to be cast properly. Additionally, Elminster has a limited (albeit very high) number of spells he can cast each day, must re-prepare his spells if he wishes to cast them again, and can be overconfident."

Elminster would need prep time for some of his moves + he can only cast so many spells in a day before he wishes to cast them again.

Whats the speed of his attacks? If they're not even at MHS+ Madara can just dodge them, and since El has a high reload time of 24 hours + prep needed Madara can swoop him and take him out.

Madara can tank El's moon level attacks, i would assume the wish power up isn't permanent and probably has slow reload time so thats another hole

...guys, Wish isn't allowed and is out-of-character to begin with, it's a non-factor in this fight.

Anyhow, to my understanding, currently it is:

Elminster: 5

Madara: 1

Inconclusive/Draw: 0

Allan's vote is El with wish stats, as for Dark i'd like to know the speed of the slow down attack and AP of the strongest attack, Evil goes against El's weakness; that he can't spam and can only use spells with a cool down, Eliminator is going off someone else so thats a need for re-vote

LucyyXNyuXHana said:
Allan's vote is El with wish stats, as for Dark i'd like to know the speed of the slow down attack and AP of the strongest attack, Evil goes against El's weakness; that he can't spam and can only use spells with a cool down, Eliminator is going off someone else so thats a need for re-vote
And here I thought mages in D&D could prepare contingencies upon contingencies. A mage his level should have some form of time stop or something to that effect. Isn't there this meta magic that skips needing prep and materials to do them? As Mystra's Chosen, I believe that is a boon he has unless I am mistaken.

Or Meta Magic was just a gameplay thing.

...I understand that this is a mad thread necro, but I suppose if I were to try to vote on this myself? I'd have to say inconclusive. They both have about the same stats, generally speaking, and lots of the same powers with a few here and there that don't overlap. Neither is probably more likely to go first with their strongest attacks, either, since Madara is a tad arrogant and holds off from using his full strength, and Elminster usually comes off as a cocky and a trickster-type that prefers to deal with things quickly and not very seriously (kinda like a really old Dante?). It'd just come down to who managed to pull something off that the other couldn't get out of first, I'd think.

I suppose, for a few more solid advantages/disadvantages-

Madara has better Regenerationn, whereas Elminster would need to rely on a limited amount of healing magic that takes time to cast. He's also probably a better fighter in close-combat, given Elminster's focus on knowledge and trickery, and is probably better base-line, physically. Finally, Madara's clones are likely going to be stronger than anything Elminster can reliably summon without it potentially turning on him, them being clones of himself.

On the other hand, that means Elminster will probably see a lot of Madara's tricks and fake-outs coming from a mile away, and use the time to set up for his next move on his end. He also seems to have better equipment compared to Madara's basic array of weapons, and perhaps slightly higher reflexes- particularly useful in this fight might be his pipe, which allows him to spam Pyrotechnics and manipulate fire, especially useful against an opponent who specializes in Katon release (e.g. "ready action to cause Great Fire Destruction to blow up in his face" seems like the sort of amusing, trickster-hero type thing Elminster would think to do really quickly.)

Since this was revived by... the OP, for once...

By my judgement, Elminster takes this. Death spells don't have a specified speed, just as long as the caster can send it out, the opponent drops. End of story. Elminster has fought Avatars of Gods (some of whom have sunken stars) and frankly... he's got so many ways to kill this guy.

Elminster, Mid-Diff.

Honestly, this should probably be closed and re-done in a little while, with the Naruto revisions now in place and the Dungeons and Dragons revisions about to go under-way here soon... can someone close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back