• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Machine Man VS Nanomachines Man (Iron Man Mk.4 (MCU) VS JC Denton)

AP-wise this is a stomp, if Iron Man scales to 8 x 10^9 Joules that's over 7x JC's AP (9.567 x 10^8 Joules).

Now that said, JC could kill him with the Dragon's Tooth sword. It isn't very likely he'll get that off naturally, Iron Man getting into melee range is pretty unlikely and I don't know if it'd really chop him in half with a single slash either, but JC could use EMPs to drop IM out of the air, and then go to town. These versions of the IM suit don't really resist that, and neither do they resist Scramble Grenades which would probably render the suit's targeting systems completely useless. He also has Invisibility which also protects him from any sort of targeting system the suits might have, which would allow him to land said grenades with relative ease.

Granted, that's all if he doesn't just get blasted into pieces, I'm not claiming he'd immediately go for the optimal strategy here. In terms of defense, IM's missiles aren't an issue thanks to Aggressive Defense System which just passively shoots them out of the air when active. Ballistic Protection + his stamina might allow him to just barely survive a few hits that would normally be lethal, which would probably get him to bust out the big guns pretty fast.

This is a lot of big advantages, but the AP gap is still a pretty huge dis-advantage, so I'm not really sure how this shakes out.

Oh right my bad JC is much slower here so his speed boosts won't give him any advantages as he needs to be nicely close in speed in order for his speed boosts to count in speed equalized matches. That's one option down.

Standard battle assumptions places them both at New York which is a haven for Deus Ex protagonists. So he still has some decent chances imo. Deus Ex 9-As are practically baseline 8-C as they scale off a lowballed calc of the DXHR heavy soldiers as we don't have any good models of them so it easens the AP gap a bit. His regeneration and shields are also a big boon here so I think the AP gap while heavy is fair enough for JC to handle if he plays it smart imo.

He does upscale so you're right that it isn't a one-shot but even then there's zero chance he's winning in a straight fight imo, he has to rely on his strongest ranged weaponry (a lot of which is relatively clunky/predictable) and even then it'll barely do any damage.

Fun fact, JC is on par with Adam in combat skill so he's smart enough to think of ways to make his arsenal deadlier like replicating Adam's grenade insta exploding trick via throwing the grenade first and then shooting it when it's close enough or directly next to his enemies.

I vote JC Denton via disabling Iron Man via his grenades and being able to mitigate the overwhelming strength difference with his shields and ADS aug after getting hit once as being hit by Iron Man would immediately make him go serious as he realizes the sheer AP gap between the 2 and that he needs to end the fight quickly or else Iron Man will just obliterate him to death with his superior strength. Given the setting is New York, he has plenty of chances to use his brains and augs like the invisibility aug in order to get the jump on him with grenades and the Dragon's Tooth Sword to slice right through him and ending the fight quickly. JC will quickly give up on his ranged options like rocket launchers as he realizes how clumsy they are on actually reaching Iron Man as he can either just dodge or shoot the rockets down given Iron Man's speed and flight skills.

Back