• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man 3 Good Ending... Again (Iron Man vs. Wenwu) (GRACE)

Lacku

He/Him
Alright people let's do this one last time...

(Mark 7 Iron Man is used and his lasers and Unibeam are restricted, Fight takes place at the Ten Rings headquarters, Speed Equalized)

Iron Man: Oscar, Oliver_de_jesus, MrKerf
Iron-Man-Tony-Stark-plus-Suits-MARK-7-iron-man-42871658-540-350.gif

Wenwu: Dalesean027, DarlingAurora, AThe1412, DimeUhDozen, Armorchompy, MintyBoi1, Lacku
b1cd7f0893428bb4a43f012c2b9df9de89b207c5.gif

Aldrich Killian one-shots them both:

Last edited:
Iron Man: 2.83773 kilotons

Wenwu: 1.051 kilotons of tnt

The AP difference, while not enough to be a One-Shot, is enough for Tony to have an advantage against the Mandarin and can withstand almost all of its attacks without any problem. Apart from that I consider that Tony has better intelligence and experience (I mean, he is even respected by characters like Thanos). I think in the end it would end with Tony breaking his cue due to the difference in the LS or using his charged shots

Iron Man: 2.83773 kilotons

Wenwu: 1.051 kilotons of tnt

The AP difference, while not enough to be a One-Shot, is enough for Tony to have an advantage against the Mandarin and can withstand almost all of its attacks without any problem. Apart from that I consider that Tony has better intelligence and experience (I mean, he is even respected by characters like Thanos). I think in the end it would end with Tony breaking his cue due to the difference in the LS or using his charged shots
Is that a vote for Tony?

Wenwu definitely has a massive edge in skill. Tony's a mostly self-taught combatant that almost solely relies on weaponry and who has, at this point, really only fought ripoffs of his suits and alien fodder, Mandarin is a master martial artist with centuries of warmongering combat experience.

Wenwu definitely has a massive edge in skill. Tony's a mostly self-taught combatant that almost solely relies on weaponry and who has, at this point, really only fought ripoffs of his suits and alien fodder, Mandarin is a master martial artist with centuries of warmongering combat experience.
Really, what's stopping Tony from being able to counter Wenwu's combat style with his Info analysis? I mean, he did the last thing with Cap. What does it tell us that in this situation Tony would not try to do the same? Because with Tony's AP advantage, it would be easier for him to resist Wenwu's attacks and thus analyze his style to counter them. By the way, don't forget the difference in FDL (Class 100 vs Peak Human) which would make it easier for Tony to win.

Really, what's stopping Tony from being able to counter Wenwu's combat style with his Info analysis? I mean, he did the last thing with Cap. What does it tell us that in this situation Tony would not try to do the same? Because with Tony's AP advantage, it would be easier for him to resist Wenwu's attacks and thus analyze his style to counter them. By the way, don't forget the difference in FDL (Class 100 vs Peak Human) which would make it easier for Tony to win.
Not sure why Iron Man's Info Analysis justification for his suits Mark 2-5 has a feat he did in Civil War. There's not really evidence that Mark 7 can analyse Wenwu's fighting style like he did Cap in Civil War.

Captain America, the guy whose fighting style is literally just punching people good, against whom he held a massive strength advantage against (bigger than this one) and that he still managed to lose to? I can't see that being effective here no, the "analysis" came down to finding one single weak point to land a good attack, that's not enough to beat Wenwu even without considering that he's both more skilled and more versatile than Cap. I don't know the reason LS is being brought here, both of them attack at range and I can literally never recall Tony choosing to grapple anyone.

Also yeah the Civil War thing is just not something he can do yet lol.

Captain America, the guy whose fighting style is literally just punching people good, against whom he held a massive strength advantage against (bigger than this one) and that he still managed to lose to? I can't see that being effective here no, the "analysis" came down to finding one single weak point to land a good attack, that's not enough to beat Wenwu even without considering that he's both more skilled and more versatile than Cap. I don't know the reason LS is being brought here, both of them attack at range and I can literally never recall Tony choosing to grapple anyone.

Also yeah the Civil War thing is just not something he can do yet lol.
Tbf to Cap he is one of the most skilled fighters in the MCU even if he doesn’t have the experience of someone like Wenwu, still Tony doesn’t compare to him in combat with the Mark 7 and his Info Analysis at this point shouldn’t allow him to learn Wenwu fighting style

The unibeam is restricted in this matchup

Also bump
Restricting the Unibeam seems invalid to me. Unlike Tony's beams (which can be expended), the Unibeam is a weapon that is generally a main part of Tony. The only way I see that the Unibeam being restricted, is causing it to be damaged or something.

Restricting the Unibeam seems invalid to me. Unlike Tony's beams (which can be expended), the Unibeam is a weapon that is generally a main part of Tony. The only way I see that the Unibeam being restricted, is causing it to be damaged or something.
It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment.
  • An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one, and is one the character can consciously restrict themselves from using. In this case, the match can be added.

So this matchup can still go ahead even with those both restricted?

Back