• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WeeklyBattles said:
Machamp doesnt naturally learn brick break anymore, thats now a TM only move for it
This isn't really relevant, as we give mons event moves despite them not learning them naturally ever, so Brick Break being a leveling move prior is still fair game.

Its not a leveling move prior, Machamp doesnt have it in any game before or after it. Its for the same reason we dont give pikachu water manip, flight, or martial arts

WeeklyBattles said:
Its not a leveling move prior, Machamp doesnt have it in any game before or after it. Its for the same reason we dont give pikachu water manip, flight, or martial arts
Actually linked the Brick Break page already which disproves this comment.

WeeklyBattles said:
Also Gems are kinda similar to Deoxys in physiology so i doubt Brick Break would oneshot them even if Machamp had it
I don't think this is a fair comparison, Gems originate from their gem and project bodies of light. Deoxys's body is naturally physical and the crystal in its chest is just its equivalent to a brain, it actively alters its cellular structure to absorb attacks.

Yeah, if that's the case then why is Mega Evolution valid on this site? It's stated that Mega Evolution can only be performed if a Pokémon has a strong enough bond with there trainer.

Abstractions said:
Actually linked the Brick Break page already which disproves this comment.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu_variants

I don't think this is a fair comparison, Gems originate from their gem and project bodies of light. Deoxys's body is naturally physical and the crystal in its chest is just its equivalent to a brain, it actively alters its cellular structure to absorb attacks.

Thats what Gems are though, youve described Gems. And yes Gems do that too, and even alter their physiology passively to match new planets thyre on

Just read through how brick break works and yeah it wouldnt do anything to Gems, Brick Break only oneshots barriers not opponents. Otherwise it would be lethal to the Porygon line.

WeeklyBattles said:
False equivalency. The Machamps that learn Brick Break have literally nothing separating them from ones from the following generation. Unlike Cosplay Pikachus or surfing ones.

Funnily enough, all Pikachus can Surf with TRs now.

WeeklyBattles said:
Thats what Gems are though, youve described Gems. And yes Gems do that too, and even alter their physiology passively to match new planets thyre on
So are gems light or not? I'm telling you Deoxys's body is not light, and you are using that to confirm that gems are like Deoxys? They either are or aren't.

WeeklyBattles said:
Just read through how brick break works and yeah it wouldnt do anything to Gems, Brick Break only oneshots barriers not opponents. Otherwise it would be lethal to the Porygon line.
Barriers comprised solely of light, also Porygon is made of data, not light.

Might want to make a CRT for this, i dont recall us doing something like this for other pokemon

Gems are made of light and data. Also Brick Break doesnt oneshot Ultra Necrozma who is canonically made of pure light

Abstractions said:
Do we not? I thought Gigantimax moves were considered homing attacks?

And so can Garnet though im not entirely sure Knock Off would work seeing as pokemon like Hitmonchan dont get their arms taken off despite them using boxing gloves.

...Okay im actually kinda annoyed that heat manip was forgotten too. I'll throw it on the CRT, but to explain, Garnet's electricity manip is the result of her combining her powers of heat and ice, both of which she can use individually and both of which are big reasons why she can survive in lava and the sun and in arctic temperatures, with Garnet also passing fire manip/heat manip of some kind onto almost all of her fusions, the only one lacking it being Sardonyx. Has a ditto ever been prevented from escaping being frozen in anything outside the game to prove size manip wouldnt help?

I don't believe so, moves like Swift are homing and "never miss" but are blocked by Detect/Protect but G-Max powers through both.

Hitmonchan never detaches his boxing gloves but Garnet actively fires them as weapons like a Pokemon would Fling an item, it's likely they can be Knocked Off.

It's a very specific scenario so I don't believe so.

Might want to make a CRT for this, i dont recall us doing something like this for other pokemo

Misdreavus has access to Hypnosis as an event move despite never learning it otherwise which is less than Machamp who has learned it as a level up move, it's already an accepted thing.

Gems are made of light and data. Also Brick Break doesnt oneshot Ultra Necrozma who is canonically made of pure light.

Light radiating from its entire body doesn't exactly imply it is comprised solely of light, especially when none of its other forms are like this (not to mention being depleted of its light doesn't kill it but turn it black), this is why its listed under "possible" Intangibility and not considered 100%.

Also, I don't recall gems having any virtual aspect to suggest they are also comprised of data.

Does Knock Off work on Cubone/Marrowak? Or the Klink line? Plus even if it does somehow work on Garnet they would just instantly regen so he's have to basically just be constantly using Knock Off and nothing else.

Huh, did not know that

Theyre stated to be holograms with their gemstones being analogous to a computer and the creators of the series stating that theyre similar to advanced AI. Theres also a guidebook stating that theyre made of informatio

WeeklyBattles said:
Does Knock Off work on Cubone/Marrowak? Or the Klink line? Plus even if it does somehow work on Garnet they would just instantly regen so he's have to basically just be constantly using Knock Off and nothing else.

Huh, did not know that

Theyre stated to be holograms with their gemstones being analogous to a computer and the creators of the series stating that theyre similar to advanced AI. Theres also a guidebook stating that theyre made of informatio
Knock Off would take away Thick Club if Marowak does have it, which is essentially a yes.

Pearl is essentially describing it in the same way we could describe ourselves to children. What makes us who we are is our DNA. It's like me saying that all the information that makes us who we are comes from DNA, so in an essence you could say this towards anything.

Do you have another scan?

What are the votes

And if he does get zaped one of his abilitys will just make him stronger

Spinoirr said:
What are the votes

And if he does get zaped one of his abilitys will just make him stronger
None of Machamp's abilities prevents him from being damaged by electric moves and Guts wouldnt activate as Garnet's electricity doesnt cause paralysis

Given that shes getting attack reflection that reflects both physical and projectile attacks and has the ability to cut his defense in half and quadruple the damage of her attacks...

WeeklyBattles said:
Given that shes getting attack reflection that reflects both physical and projectile attacks and has the ability to cut his defense in half and quadruple the damage of her attacks...
Tickle, Counter.

Attack Reflection to what extent?

To the extent that damage she reflects deals double the damage she would take back at the opponent

Back