• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Garnet's precog is really reeeeeeally inconsistent and is only plagued by the fact that it isn't combat applicable for the most part. Machamp possesses a much bigger range advantage with Focus Blast and various other moves along with possessing Stat Buffs. I'm voting Machamp.

Given the recent feats from Future its kinda hard to argue that its inconsistent, Garnet used her future vision to look decades into Stevens future to see hundreds of potential outcomes

ShockingPsychic said:
Not that im dissagreeing, but isn't Focus Blast a TM exclusive for Machamp?
Yes, Machamp does not learn Focus Blast naturally through any means

Machamp in general has almost no ranged moves and the ones it does have arent used very often as a Machamp isnt exactly the kind of pokemon to willingly range spam opponents to death

@Alex Nope only moves that are learned naturally or through breeding are allowed as the pokemon profiles here are considered wild pokemon, TMs are only given to trainer pokemon

WeeklyBattles said:
Given the recent feats from Future its kinda hard to argue that its inconsistent, Garnet used her future vision to look decades into Stevens future to see hundreds of potential outcomes
Is she able to tell which one of the predicted outcomes will actually happen? I could see that being an issue. It's one thing to be able to see thousands of futures, but another to be able to pinpoint which one will happen. In fact, wasn't Ruby able to alter Sapphire's vison pretty easily?

I'm going to wait for further input before voting.

Machamp's No Guard ensures blows land even before things like Foresight are taken into account, so Garnet isn't dodging attacks or anything.

Knock Off might be able to disarm Garnet of her gauntlets as they are detachable, Bulk Up will strengthen Machamp while simultaneously weakening Garnet with Tickle and Leer.

Ice Punch can freeze Garnet and attacks like Counter or Dynamic Punch will be devastating with defense drops.

Even without taking Machamp's martial arts skill into account, I'd say it takes this 7/10.

Even if Machamp lands one solid blow on her with something like Dynamic Punch, it's still going to leave her in a state of confusion. Does she have any answer to No Guard or Stat Buffs?

Foresight isnt precog tho

Garnet's gauntlets are her arms, and if they get destroyed she can just instantly regen them

Garnet resists ice and can generate heat so freezing is a nope

Garnet is almost undoubtedly more skilled than machamp

Yeah but if Dynamic Punch lands a single time Garnet is kinda screwed. And Machamp can use moves like Bullet Punch to "blitz" Garnet.

WeeklyBattles said:
Foresight isnt precog tho

Garnet's gauntlets are her arms, and if they get destroyed she can just instantly regen them

Garnet resists ice and can generate heat so freezing is a nope

Garnet is almost undoubtedly more skilled than machamp
It allows them it hit ghosts it normally couldn't and it ignores evasion boosts, it certainly plays a part.

Knock Off can be used more than once.

She doesn't resist ice, if she does it isn't on her profile.

I need evidence for that.

WeeklyBattles said:
Also No-Guard is a double edged sword as that means all of Garnet's attacks will also land
But Machamp can mitigate harm through boosts and drops more than Garnet can.

Abstractions said:
It allows them it hit ghosts it normally couldn't it ignores evasion boosts, it certainly plays a part.

Knock Off can be used more than once.

She doesn't resist ice, if she does it isn't on her profile.

I need evidence for that.

But Machamp can mitigate harm through boosts and drops more than Garnet can.
It doesnt mitigate Detect meaning it can still be dodged

And Garnet can just regen infinitely, assuming she's allow her opponent to just punch her arms off

Huh? Weird, that was supposed to be added a while ago, i'll throw it on the ongoing CRT and get it added, though heat manip and even size shifting would allow her to break out of being frozen rather easily.

Wow first off thank you for having me look at her intelligence section because holy shit is it lacking. To quickly summarize she has several thousand years worth of combat experience fighting in the Gem rebellion against a wide variety of enemies with varying powersets and vastly more advanced technology whereas she only had her gauntlets, during the rebellion she singlehandedly took down several hundred to several thousand Quartz soldiers, whose sole reason for existing are to be exceedingly skilled in ground combat, and after the rebellion she spent several thousand more years fighting corrupted Gem monsters with a variety of supernatural abilities on a near daily basis.

Garnet also has stat boosts, damage boosts, and dura reduction so its not like she cant keep up

She's fought for thousands of years and yet a 16 year old kid who's only been fighting for about 4 years is able to match her in terms of skill. Also where are Garnet's stat boosts? Bulk Up seems to be pretty in character for a lot of fighting type Pokémon so Machamp will just spam that. Also doesn't it take Gems a while to regenerate body parts? Also where has it ever been show that they can regenerate without poofing? Pearl got stabbed in the chest despite the fact that she has no internal organs and still had to regenerate over the course of a day.

ChocomilkAlex said:
She's fought for thousands of years and yet a 16 year old kid who's only been fighting for about 4 years is able to match her in terms of skill.
To be fair, Steven is powerful. Saying he's just a 16 year old kid is major downplay. He inherited the powers of a diamond, who are are much stronger than Garnet.

Given that said 16 year old kid spent years of training with Pearl, who in a few weeks was able to mentor connie from having never picked up a sword to being able to match her in combat, yes. Its a testament to Steven's learning capacity and Pearl's teaching, not a lack of skill for Garnet.

She's able to amp her power as well as boost her damage by 2-4x, i forget how much, for attacks, and she can cut her opponent's durability in half.

Body parts no, she's shown the ability to instantly regenerate her arms and has even user her gauntlet rockets as rapid fire ranged missiles before by rapidly launching and regenerating her arms.

https://youtu.be/N7P3mgjxQp4?t=64

Arms are body parts. Are Garnet's stat boosts on her profile? Also isn't shield breaker an attack from the RPG games? Are those canon?

Machamp has better lifting strength. That helps with his grappling and when he is trying to overpower her when she tries to stop a charge (also machamp's 4 arms help out as well)

WeeklyBattles said:
It doesnt mitigate Detect meaning it can still be dodged

And Garnet can just regen infinitely, assuming she's allow her opponent to just punch her arms off

Huh? Weird, that was supposed to be added a while ago, i'll throw it on the ongoing CRT and get it added, though heat manip and even size shifting would allow her to break out of being frozen rather easily.

Wow first off thank you for having me look at her intelligence section because holy shit is it lacking. To quickly summarize she has several thousand years worth of combat experience fighting in the Gem rebellion against a wide variety of enemies with varying powersets and vastly more advanced technology whereas she only had her gauntlets, during the rebellion she singlehandedly took down several hundred to several thousand Quartz soldiers, whose sole reason for existing are to be exceedingly skilled in ground combat, and after the rebellion she spent several thousand more years fighting corrupted Gem monsters with a variety of supernatural abilities on a near daily basis.

Garnet also has stat boosts, damage boosts, and dura reduction so its not like she cant keep up
This is because Detect's functions follow Protect exactly, it has less to do with Precog than it does forcefields, unless we want to start considering gigantamax moves undodgeable.

Doesn't really matter if it's inhibiting her potency Machamp can just keep doing it.

Garnet does not have Heat Manip. and I'm unsure if Size Manip will assist when it prevents Ditto's whole gimmick.

How many of these opponents were comparable to Machamp in martial skill, a master of every martial art and in constant training with others in its species? Because combat in the show doesn't really give me much when it comes to SU.

Garnet has Statistics Reduction but no form of stat boosts, All or Nothing is nice but has a 50% percent chance of doing nothing at best and 50% chance of doing a lot and being Countered at worst.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Arms are body parts. Are Garnet's stat boosts on her profile? Also isn't shield breaker an attack from the RPG games? Are those canon?
Yes, yes, and yes

Spinoirr said:
Machamp has better lifting strength. That helps with his grappling and when he is trying to overpower her when she tries to stop a charge (also machamp's 4 arms help out as well)
Trying to grapple garnet gets him electrocuted

Has Garnet ever shown the ability to manipulate Electricity outside of the Meat Beat Mania episode? That seems hilariously OOC.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Has Garnet ever shown the ability to manipulate Electricity outside of the Meat Beat Mania episode? That seems hilariously OOC.
Sh did it to start greg's car an she used it on three seperate occasions against Peridot

ChocomilkAlex said:
Also from that clip that you posted, she regenerated her gauntlets yes, but not her arms. She already had those.
Her arms up to the forearm are her gauntlets, i'll try to find the clip that shows her regenning her arms up close.

Also if Steven managed to keep up with Garnet's skill in only four years, whose to say Machamp would be less skilled than Garnet. Pokemon are naturally hard-wired for battle and Machamp has literally mastered every type of martial art there is.

Also with the new CRT Garnet is going to be getting her abilities from the recent game which gives her physical and projectile attack reflection

Question, shouldn't Brick Break shatter the gem body immediately seeing as they are just projections of light like Light Screen, Reflect and Aurora Veil?

Machamp doesnt naturally learn brick break anymore, thats now a TM only move for it

It could only learn Brick Break in one game and then that move was promptly removed from its learnset

Also Gems are kinda similar to Deoxys in physiology so i doubt Brick Break would oneshot them even if Machamp had it

Back