• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lyle (Masadaverse) VS Caleb (Blood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
This seems balanced enough. Also trenchcoats. Can never go wrong with trenchcoats.

Rules

• Speed is equalized.
  • 9-B Lyle.
  • Caleb is restricted to 9-B equipment. (Possesses all Armours, but no Life Seed or 9-A weapons.)
  • Combatants start within 50 meters of each other.
  • Battle takes place here.
  • Winner by death or incapacitation.
Vote Count

As far as fights go, it's very much in-character for him to go straight for the kill. He may or may not start with his weaker guns first depending on how the battle begins, but he'll start using his better equipment the moment he realizes Lyle can regenerate.

It's hard to gauge what items he would use at what time, since most of the fighting takes place in-game (and is therefore affected by player choice), but he's dealt with superhumans before in-canon. A number of Cabal members had superhuman traits despite their human appearances, especially in Blood II.

By virtue of his background (read: as a gunfighter), he'll probably try to keep the fight at a distance if he can.

soul and death seems to be lyle's doom but the guy comes in up close all the time also leaves afterimages so he can potentially fool caleb so Caleb can win if keeps his distance but lyle can win because of his CQC and scythe and chain is a bitch to deal with has also dealt with a guy who's bullet attack the blood cells for the opponent

Caleb only has death manip with his Voodoo Dolls, which are currently restricted due to being completely unfair. (9-A weapons that ignore distance and have an instant-kill move) I'll only let him have those if it's absolutely necessary. He does still have his Life Leech staff, though.

I should mention, Caleb has a cloak that can turn him invisible. Has Lyle fought any invisibility users before?

Ahhh but life leech his will try to dodge a lot and the ability to fight gun users stem also the fact the gun user he fought as can richochet shot at weird unexpected angles TBF

I don't think so so that would be Caleb's advantage but does he use it often and...doesn't the shot can still be seen even then just not the person?

The Life Leech does have a minor melee function in that it can release a limited shockwave by slamming it into the ground. Probably not as formidable a thing as what Lyle can do in melee, but still worth bringing up. (I should probably add that to his profile, now that I think about it...)

Again, all of the actual "fighting" happens in-game, so I can't really say how often he would use it. I assume he would make use of it a good few times if given the chance though, seeing as its one of his more useful items to appear.

Muzzle flashes would be visible, yes. But the games kind of encourage you to shoot as little as possible when invisible, so I'm doubtful he'd be trying to give himself away by firing off weapons constantly. Still, Lyle could maybe discern his location if he sees enough shots coming from any single direction.

Yeah Lyle is likely to figure out his opponents location he is pretty skilled so he probably can do what he needs to do. He uses his chains so he can restrain caleb and his blade will make caleb's regen moot so yeah...I will think on this a bit more real close match up so good job

His regen doesn't activate automatically (requires use/activation of the Doctor's Bag), so it would be moot against Lyle's blade anyway.

And thanks. I figured it'd be a close matchup, what with their powers and all.

Hmm. I kind of thought Caleb with the bundle of dynamite and other 9-B weapons he has would probably get him around his dura and regen if a bit but it could be close with Lyle after some high diff. If he can get around the fire arms and other damagable weapons, which he likely can thanks to his regen, he can get him with his chain and close in with his Deathscythe blade.

That of course at the end is the easy part. Hard part is getting through Caleb's weaponry and such but i assume he'll get to him eventually either way. But it looks close either way from where i'm looking at the latters (Caleb, again) arsenal.

Dynamite getting past Lyle's regen would depend on his natural durability. What's the worst thing he's survived without having to regenerate?

I also kind of doubt that the Sawed-Off will kill Lyle for good unless Caleb hits him with a point-blank headshot. (Which, admittedly, is something he would probably try to do.)

Not sure. I only got that he was capable of taking machine gun bullets to the face and regen it back. Admittedly, i never played the VN he's from so i have zero idea for what he could take at his worst and not die from it.

So the bundle(s) of dynamite COULD actually bring him down if anything, on the other hand.

I personally think Caleb takes this; he does have better range. While afterimage and better regen are Lyle's strong points, Caleb's dynamite bundles could help him get around the regen. Also, Caleb good make good use of his invisibility; though not forever. And both characters are also quite skilled in combat but Caleb's arsenal gives him the edge.

I can count that for now.

Out of fairness, what if Lyle gets within melee range? Caleb doesn't really have an answer for the Deathscythe. (Which could easily cut through his pitchfork in a single swing, if I'm understanding its "molecular cutting" ability right)

EDIT: Changed the "battleground" in favor of something that looks cooler.

lyle can use his chains as it gives him more range really. Lyle won't be a fool to take the dynamite. Caleb well try to stay out if range while Lyle has to close in his biggest issue is invisibility from what I see but he would keep moving to find his target. Honestly this is a 51/49 imho to lyle as afterimages can fool caleb into hitting the wrong guy while caleb has range the chains can cover extended melee range which lyle can wrap the chain around his opponent to win. Admittedly caleb has a good arsenal the thing is lyle has dealt against a person who can richochet bullets tbf so. it's more tricky to hit him.

Alright then. Vote added.

EDIT: I think Cross might've voted for Lyle too, but I can't really tell all the way.

Bump (I want to see this concluded) :/

And i'm kinda unsure on who can take this....

Like...Lyle if he ever gets in CQC range, he may overwhelm Caleb with superior skills and his Scythe.

On the other hand...Caleb may just finish Lyle before he can reach him with his ranged weaponry and try to keep the distance as safe as possible.

So eh...i think inconclusive? Not sure tbh

Not gonna lie, I forgot about this thread for a while.

Wonder if there's still any hope of it being concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back