• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Human Tournament

Has some resistances a human wouldn’t have, but by that very nature they would not matter in these matches, so I am happy to let him in

Hey, just in case? Is this guy allowed? He is basically just a soldier and primarily uses a shotgun

Hey, just in case? Is this guy allowed? He is basically just a soldier and primarily uses a shotgun
Guns are banned and his regeneration is iffy as well

Low, but that’s still an inhuman trait that gives him an advantage
Low regen won't mean anything in these fights.

Sure, if they get a scar, then they can heal it relatively quickly, but that's not a deciding factor in fights, especially against people who in character, tend to incapacitate or KO their opponents, which low regen has no answer for.

Eh, it’s been less than 24 hours since the OP and we’re 25% of the way there, I’ve seen tournaments in sign ups for weeks, so I’m happy to wait a while longer before I start getting desperate

Format: 16 characters, split into 4 groups of 4, a Win is 3 points for the winner, an Inconclusive is 1 point for both, and a loss is 0 points for the loser. The two characters with the most points in each group enter an 8 man knockout bracket, with a loser’s bracket.

AP Range: 150-750 Kilojoules, though combatants with mildly lower or higher AP may be accepted regardless on a case by case basis.

Characters should preferably be Human or resembling of one, and should not have any specific biological superiorities to humans (even if these are balanced out by biological inferiorities) outside of the obvious matter of AP, what these limits entail are listed below:

Any hax that could not feasibly be performed by a human normally are not permitted. (e.g. Acrobatics and Martial Arts are allowed, Fire Manipulation is not)

Speed will not be equalised, and thus any speeds above Peak Human, in any categories (movement, combat, reaction etc.) will not be permitted. There is an exception to this rule however, if a character possesses speed above Peak Human, but all of their speed statistics can be equalised down to Peak Human or below against an opponent of top line Peak Human speed (baseline Superhuman), then they will be permitted, and their matches (and their matches alone) will have speed equalised. If a character has multiple speed ratings for different types of speed, and not all can be equalised under the same scenario, then the character will not be permitted. (Moral of the story a character with multiple speed ratings probably has less of a chance, while one with a single flat speed rating qualifies just fine)

Lifting Strength cannot be higher than Peak Human

Stamina cannot be higher than Peak Human

Range preferably should not be above standard melee range, however on a case by case basis characters with Extended Melee Range may be approved. Weapons such as Guns are obviously not permitted due to this reason.

Intelligence up to Genius is allowed, however on a case by case basis a character with Genius intelligence may be rejected, as Genius is sometimes used for characters with Superhuman intelligence

Skill should not surpass that of what a human could feasibly achieve, this will be decided on a case by case basis, and though it is neither mandatory nor expected, if you are capable of providing a brief description/list of examples of a characters skill that would be greatly appreciated. If you are struggling to think of whether your character is too skilled, ask yourself this question:

If the answer is a resounding “no”, then they probably aren’t a good fit, anything from “not quite” and above (including “it depends”), put them forward and chance your luck

Standard Equipment should not contain items that are not or do not resemble real world items/weapons. Optional Equipment that does not meet these requirements will be restricted in matches, though will not prevent the character from joining the tournament, so long as this is the only issue.

It is preferred that 2 characters of the same verse are not together in the tournament, with the exception of when the two characters have never faced and an in-canon winner has not been made clear, or in circumstance where two characters have canonically fought as equals with no clear winner, and a gap has not widened since said encounter. While, again, this is preferred, there is no actual rule against this and you are free to submit multiple characters from the same verse. A max of 2 characters per verse regardless

2 Characters per user max, only 1 is fine

If possible, two characters from the same verse will not meet each other in the group stages

The following Verse(s) have been filled, please do not attempt to nominate a character from these verse(s):

WWE

To make it clear, hax via equipment IS ALLOWED but only if the equipment meets the requirement of having standard melee range (extended melee range might be allowed) and is a genuine real life weapon (or resembles or serves the same purpose as one) For example if somebody has electricity manipulation through a taser they are perfectly good to use that taser

I’ll start with Base Form Finn Bálor (Transformation into The Demon will be restricted for obvious reasons)

1. Finn Bálor (Base) (WWE)
2. Austin Theory (WWE)
3. Jim Hopper (Stranger Things) (Jim’s gun is restricted)
4. The Helltaker (Helltaker)
Heisenberg with s1 equipment, gun and car restricted?

oh i forgot this guy uses gun too outside his cards (which somehow kills him sometimes)
possibly continent level bruh where is his normal human stats
range shouldn't be hundred of meters normally since that was for his gun
and all his elemental attacks is just somehow that element when he attacks
gdi
guess I'll try somewhere else

I’ll grant Walter explosives and possibly his acid, how much of it does he have? Has he weaponised it against living beings before? Would it effectively kill anyone involved in touching it?

Stats wise he is fine

I’ll grant Walter explosives and possibly his acid, how much of it does he have? Has he weaponised it against living beings before? Would it effectively kill anyone involved in touching it?

Stats wise he is fine
he has at least a bag of the explosives, from what i know. haven't watched the series so i dunno about how much of the acid he has.
he has threatened living beings with the explosive, and from what it shows/stats wise, he can easily kill people with it

Well his explosives are the only 9-B source of attack I’m permitting, and out of fear of the acid potentially just melting every last combatant here alive, I’ll restrict it, however, Walter has the stats to allow him into this tournament yes

What’s their AP? Subsonic reactions means right now I’d rather them in reserves

I really gotta sort out this speed issue I thought finding a character with a single flat speed would be easy enough 🙃
Just screw the speed part lel, especially the reaction speed shouldn't a problem
As for the AP sadly it doesn't have a calc

I think you should be open to some of the rules here, Pika.

Literally nothing has happened in this tourney for weeks.

Pikaman, I've come to bargain. His Stand can be restricted.
He is baseline 9-B

Pikaman, I've come to bargain. His Stand can be restricted.
He is baseline 9-B
Yeah looks good, thanks!

Can I add a second character? If not, please replace Helltaker with her

Can I add a second character? If not, please replace Helltaker with her
We're gonna have to wait a little bit until Pika wakes up.

Back