• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with Ruby she has more abilites than High 8-C Luffy via her semblance and Aura as well as ranged and melee attacks with her scythe

This one is closer than Yang vs Luffy, for starters.

The Scythe exploits Luffy's elasticity, as slicing and piercing attacks work on him. The ammunition will not work with the exception of specific dust enhancements like fire or ice. Her semblance also allows her to move at a higher speed, though this only works for movement speed. Still a factor.

Luffy has superior range and stamina outright. He can take a lot more punishment than what Ruby has currently displayed. He is more mindful of the surroundings and tries to use it to his advantage in any way he can, or to counter a disadvantage that he has against a specific opponent. He can also deflect Ruby's ammunition right back at her (With the exception of specific dust ammo as mentioned prior). Elasticity also allows Luffy to move his body in ways that are physically impossible for Ruby, so he has a massive agility advantage.

The key thing here is Ruby's scythe. Without it, it doesn't matter if Ruby is some sort of goddess at martial arts (Which she isn't), as punches and kicks are useless on Luffy.

During East Blue, Luffy has engaged opponents such as Kuro, Don Krieg, and Arlong who use weird weapons, and his first instinct is to fall back until he can do something to either A) Disarm them, B) Cripple the weapons, or C) Make that weapon a hindrance to the user. If he manages to accomplish any of this and prevents Ruby from retrieving the scythe, it's over.

Ruby with the Scythe = Luffy has a lesser chance of winning. Without it = Luffy is guaranteed to win.

Luffy High-difficulty for now.

Ffa1e089b8328988dde39800fc003bca6a6d488d32e64900b2f7791d70b967e4.jpg

Okay, to counter Cin's argument:

Her semblance not only allows her to move at higher speeds, it allows her to fly and split herself into multiple clusters to confuse opponents and avoid attacks, and she can and does spam it constantly in character, even in close quarters, and it increases her speed to the point that she speedblitzes characters who can keep up with her normally.

Ruby has exeprience fighting an opponent who uses and abuses the elastic property of its body for attacks as per her fight with the Nuckalevee. And Ruby isnt dumb, as soo as she sees her normal bullets arent working she will switch to a dust variant, she displayed this twice in the same fight against the geist.

Disarming ruby leads to her using her semblance to get her scythe back, shes already done this twice. Crippling the weapon wont work until he takes her aura down as its coated in aura as well. This is also assuming he can actually hit her with her tendency to blitz around with her semblance.

1) I'll give that to you, but just know that Luffy also gains speed-boosts through sling-shotting himself off of objects. Not like it's even comparable to having the ability to do it on a whim, I just wanted to bring it up since I never said it before. Also, I never saw Ruby speed-blitzing characters comparable to her in speed with her semblance. Mercury, Emerald(?), the Beringel, etc all reacted to her semblance in use.

2) The Nuckalevee's elastic properties are minor in comparison to what Luffy is capable of. I'm not saying Ruby would be clueless and keep spamming normal bullets, but she'll use them at one point or another and wont know what to expect at first after it has struck Luffy (assuming he doesn't dodge).

3) What if Luffy disarms her first before either breaking it, or even being silly and using it against her because he thinks it looks cool? It's not like he's going to toss it to the side where it's fair game and she can freely go after it.

1) Mercury reacted to her semblance pre-timeskip before she mastered it, emerald never reacted to her semblance at all, and ruby blitzed the hell out of the beringel the entire fight with her semblance and only caught her she she wasn't using it.

2) Yeah So she gets one or two shots redirected and then switches to dust ammo. Meanwhile from her fight with the Nuckalevee she knows to disable the limbs of opponents with elastic properties asap.

3) If he tries to use it against her he's liable to cut himself in half or knock himself out, I canon you'd need dozens of years of experience with her weapon to be able to actually use it properly, the reason ruby is able to do so is because she was direct trained by Qrow who has that level of experience.

1) Yeah I forgot if Emerald ever did. My bad. But this is not blitzing. The Beringel reacted to Ruby and defended, even if it couldn't do so for every single attack.

2) Luffy is fully aware of his weakness, as shown in his fight with Buggy and Arlong. He doesn't swing in recklessly like the Nuckalevee. When he fought Buggy, he baited Buggy into attacking his out-stretched arm before going in for a Gomu-Gomu no Scythe, which would have connected had Buggy not had his power to split apart.

3) I'm just saying he wouldn't merely toss it to the side or a few dozen meters away. His most likely response would be to break it. Using it is another possibility, and sling-shotting it out of the battle-field is yet another possibility.

1) The Beringel never hit her because she was using her semblance to blitz around its attacks, and later in the scene she blitzes it outright with her tornado attack.

2) The Nuck doesnt swing wildly either, its actually one of the more intelligent grimm in the series thus far with not only a demonstrated ability to change tactics and protect itself from attacks, but with dozens of trained huntsmen's lives under its belt.

3) i dont recall East Blue Luffy weapon breaking though, but i could be wrong. He literally made Aarlong bite him just so he could use his teeth as a joke did he not? Trying to throw it away leads to Ruby intercepting it via her semblance's speed and flight.

1) about the beringel. If it was able to catch her at one point, why wouldn't Luffy be capable of the same?

2) The Nuckaleve fight was only really possible with RNJR working together. It won't really be the exact same as that fight. Her dust is going to definitely be useful though.

3) It's never shown how someone may screw up using a gun scythe. So saying he may cut himself or knock himself out is kinda a stretch. It's just going to be really difficult to use.

Unintended pun.

1) The Beringel was simply unable to keep up. Being blitzed would imply that it would have been struck before it even had time to notice what was happening. It was tracking her movements but merely couldn't catch her for that very brief exchange (Besides, Ruby already showed she was still capable of outmaneuvering it without her semblance). She didn't blitz with the tornado attack, she got behind the Beringel, tripped it with her scythe (This is before she even resorted to the semblance), then sent it air-borne. It couldn't move mid-air in the first place.

2) The Nukealevee didn't show caution against several opponents and was easily baited into attacking in a few instances, which led to its demise. It took quite some time for it to counter their circular attack pattern, and quite frankly, I don't see how it could be directly compared to Luffy in combative intellect.

3) Luffy broke Don-Krieg's Spear tip in order to remove his cutting ability and made the weapon into a mere "bomb on a stick". He broke Arlong's sword with his bare hands and made him stop using it by having him cut up the room with all of Nami's maps. He broke Kuro's blades with a rock he embedded them into, making him only have one hand left to attack with.

@Drayco The only time it caught her was when she had no idea where it was and that it was even there, and she had no idea how strong it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back