• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cin Yes, that is exactly what happened, look at the fight, she is able to blitz around it several timea, and even flipped over its back and got three point blank shots off at it before it even realized where she was. She also blitzed all of rean JNPR before she even mastered her semblance.

2) Yes it did, it protectsd itself from their gunfire. Im notnsaying its comparable to luffy in intelligence, im saying ruby has foight an intelligent being with elasricity powers and knows how to counter their abilities and that she needs to do so asap if she wants to win.

3) He would have to physically remove it from Ruby's hands to do that which will be hard considering Ruby is physically stronger and faster with her semblance. Otherwise her weapon is coated in aura and he wont be able to break it.

DraycoMakargo said:
@Weekly Okay, and what's saying Luffy can't do the same when Luffy is pretty much better than the beringel.
Because the fight isnt starting with ruby in the middle of a smokescreen?

3) If he does manage to take it, it won;t still have aura in it. So he can still break it, not to mention aura on weapons hasn't shown to increase their durability. Just the strength behind the hit. Her profile says this.

@Weekly We gotta stop replying to each other instantly. Makes our comments mesh.

The fight didn't have a smokescreen the whole time though. So that doesn't really change things.

1) As I literally said, it tracked her movements, just couldn't keep up. That's NOT blitzing. And I already brought up how she could outpace it without her semblance in the first place. You can't tell me the Beringel was already equal to her speed when it was clearly unable to land a hit (except when she gasped and sat there doing nothing).

2) The Nuckalevee was getting hit many times before it began adapting to the situation. It was unable to fight with the 4 of them for more than a minute as soon Ren stopped fighting recklessly and resorted to team-work.

3) Ruby, physically stronger than Luffy? He stomped people who blew off the side of a cliff from an after-shock. AKA he has stomped people with casual Large Building level feats. What does Ruby even scale to? I don't see a High 8-C calculation no matter how hard I look. Her weapon would not be coated in Aura if it leaves her. That's a strange argument to make.

@Cin

1) She wasnt able to outpace it though, on the contrary, without her semblance it caught her multiple times

2) And? How does this in any way discredit the fact that it has elasticity which Ruby knows how to deal with?

3) Im talking about lifting strength, he would have to overpower her physically to take Crescent Rose out of her hands which he wouldnt be able to as hers is higher. Her AP is baseline.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Cin
1) She wasnt able to outpace it though, on the contrary, without her semblance it caught her multiple times

2) And? How does this in any way discredit the fact that it has elasticity which Ruby knows how to deal with?

3) Im talking about lifting strength, he would have to overpower her physically to take Crescent Rose out of her hands which he wouldnt be able to as hers is higher. Her AP is baseline.
1) She was when it tracked her movements allowing him to land the hits.

2) The fact that Ruby was teamed up with four other people to defeat it showing that she is not that experienced with dealing with elastic properties and its intellect nothing comparable to Luffy's intellect, yes it is smart unlike other grim but noting suggests he is smart enough to fight as Luffy who could easily know his weaknesses and know how to counter them.

3) This version of Luffy was casually tossing giant sea monsters iirc unlike Ruby who just dragged a giant one up a cliff. Anyways there both Class K so I don't see what is the problem.

1) when she wasnt being hit she was using her semblance

2) You missed the point. They needed four people because it was stronger, not because it has elastic powers. Hell Ruby was the one who figured out how to beat its elastic arms.

3) Luffy has no calc for his lifting strength while Ruby does, so until he gets a calc he is assumed to be baseline which is lower than Ruby's LS

WeeklyBattles said:
1) when she wasnt being hit she was using her semblance
2) You missed the point. They needed four people because it was stronger, not because it has elastic powers. Hell Ruby was the one who figured out how to beat its elastic arms.

3) Luffy has no calc for his lifting strength while Ruby does, so until he gets a calc he is assumed to be baseline which is lower than Ruby's LS
1) False the Beringel managed to track her moves while using her semblance, when she went up in the air he managed to block it. And further support the fact she was outpacing him he used the dust to land a hit, used the Beowolf to get the drop on her and smashed the roof all because she was more mobile/faster than him.

2) Your right in a way but remember he didn't have enough time to think when all 4 were attacking him not allowing him to come up with a proper counter attack which would not matter by the fact Luffy is much combat smarter than any Grimm.

3) You don't need a calc to show the difference when it is very simple, Luffy tossed a sea monster way bigger than a Nevermore 50 Meters casually while Ruby needed a cliff, some help from Weiss and her scythe to lift a much smaller monster.

1) No, it wasnt, only after she left her semblance was it able to track her. Here is the video as proof

2) No actually, over half the fight he was just fighting Jaune and Ruby. And again, im not comparing their intelligence, im comparing their powers. Both have elasticity, meaning Ruby would recognize Luffy's power and know to stop it asap.

3) No actually you do need a calc on this wiki. Ruby didnt need any help lifting the Nevermore, if she did she wouldnt have been able to support it on her own using just Crescent Rose. Ruby's feat was also casual.

Basically most of Cin's argument is now invalid as it doesnt take into account Ruby's experience fighting an opponent with powers similar to Luffy, her ability to spam her semblance, and the fact that Luffy wouldnt be able to disarm Ruby due to her higher lifting strength nor would he be able to break her weapon due to it being coated in aura.

Also, Cin stated that High 8-C Luffy stomps people who have casual feats above baseline High 8-C, wouldnt that make this a stomp?

WeeklyBattles said:
Also, Cin stated that High 8-C Luffy stomps people who have casual feats above baseline High 8-C, wouldnt that make this a stomp?
No, because this fight is still a hard victory for Luffy, due to Ruby's experience and her having the advantage of a slicing/piercing weapon vs his elasticity.

@Huesito Technically speaking wouldnt the Low 7-C feat be plausible and not an outlier now that Alabasta Saga is Low 7-B?

ProfessorLord said:
No, because this fight is still a hard victory for Luffy, due to Ruby's experience and her having the advantage of a slicing/piercing weapon vs his elasticity.
If he casually stomps people who are casually stronger than Ruby then its not a hard fight at all, its a stomp as he can oneshot her.

A stomp is a stomp, sorry I have to be the one to point it out

I admit i was wrong, ruby does not have the chance i thought she did here

but wait! what of luffy's weakness to bladed weapons, which was displayed against Hody's bite and Cracker's sword?

Cropfist said:
but wait! what of luffy's weakness to bladed weapons, which was displayed against Hody's bite and Cracker's sword?
You mean the guys that are far stronger than Ruby?

Weekly if it's a stomp then that means you haven't actually bothered reading the arguments for the other side. Given that Cin mentioned Luffy stomping other High 8-C's and you just now seemingly pointed it out. It means that you haven't been paying attention to the opposing arguments despite having had argued against them for the majority of this thread. It makes you seem very suspicious considering how often you pull the stomp card. For future reference, make sure to actually read the arguments next time. It makes you look incredibly bias. I mean this with all due respect but you really gotta get a better perspective on what a stomp is and isn't.

WeeklyBattles said:
A stomp is a stomp, sorry I have to be the one to point it out
I admit i was wrong, ruby does not have the chance i thought she did here
Nobody has a problem with you calling out a stomp, it's just kind of shitty to have an admin argue why their favorite character should win for a good 12 posts, before doing a complete 180 and arguing that this thread needs to be closed because it's a stomp against your favorite character.

It's cool that you can admit that, you just need to be careful how you are portayed on this wiki. I thought the entire Bepo4151 situation would have taught you that.

To kinda shorten what Knight said

If you think a match is a stomp

So why SOONER and not LATER

This applies for everyone by the way, not just Weekly.

WeeklyBattles said:
DraycoMakargo said:
How did this go from Ruby having a chance to a stomp?
Cin brought up how Luffy can oneshot people who are casually stronger than Ruby
CinCameron20 said:
Ruby with the Scythe = Luffy has a lesser chance of winning. Without it = Luffy is guaranteed to win.
Cin himself said it wasn't a stomp with her scythe, this is not a stomp. Everyone agreed with Cin's reasoning. This is a valid fight, Ruby is not getting absolutely shit on here, just moderately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back