• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Speed Equalized

Bloodlusted

Both at 7-A

Both can use any form but still limited to 7-A

Win by any means neccesary

win by death

fight takes place in a valley full of mountains

Luffy: 2

Issei: 6

Ready...GO
Luffy 2
Issei (0)

I assume your using the mountain versions of both? Anyhow I'd give this to Luffy via much faster speed, precog, armament Haki, experience and stamina. It seems like Issei has many draw backs due to his abilities judging by his weaknesses in his profile.

I think this could go either way as Issei has Divide and penetrate while Luffy has precog and is highly resistance to heat and blunt force (though Issei can just use ascalon to get though this).

so inconclusive?

@Good + That is going to complety kill Issei, if in just being in JD mode his lifespan is reduced, use Divide Gear will be a suicide!.

Also, Issei in this state is in an complete rage, so I doutb that he would have the mental stated to use any kind of strategy.

Also, the OP didn't even bother to specify which 7-A form of Issei is used.

If its Juggernaut Drive, then luffy takes for reasons above.

If its Cardinal Crimson, then it could go either way.

I assume this is CC Issei as JD Issei doesn't have a chance mainly because he is completely mindless plus his time is very limited

I give the win to straw hat, because haki (all of them) and luffy is much more versatile with his power... G4 one King Kong Gun and its Done XD

Then I go with Issei here.

There's not a lot to say about Luffy with hiw pure blunt force and pseudo flight, Issei on the other hand can Boost himself constanly and use divine wyverns to halves Luffy's power and add to his own so he will be always more stronger than him, has actual flight, resistance to fire and Dragon Blaster (After several boosts) will probably obliterate Luffy.

In all that, I'm going with the Oppai Dragon here.

1: I think your forgetting about Precog 2: Luffy can counter Flight with Ranged Attacks 3: Luffy can also boost his AP via Armament Haki 4: Issei has stamina issues meanwhile Luffy doesn't. He has greater stamina and judging by Isseis Profile it seems like one of his 7-A forms drain his life span. 5: Luffy doesn't use fire other than Red Hawk which he doesn't use very often. 6: Also taking other Gears into consideration for different attacks.

1) You can get rid of that by being more faster, and Divine Gear can halve the speed as well.

2) Actual flight and range attacks >>>>>>> pseudo flight and range attacks.

3) Yeah, but the wyverns can constantly halve his power and add it to Issei, they also can booste themselves and transfer their power to Issei, all that while Hyoudou do the same thing.

4)Yeah, but that is compensated with his resistance to pain, his armor capable of regenerate and that he can throw his wyverns to distract Luffy. Also we are using their strongest versions, so CxC is being used instead of JD.

5) Quit irrelevant actually...

6) What do you mean by that?

1: Actually Luffy is Faster than Issei.

2: Fair. But Luffy can fight Smoker who can fly without being overwhelmed.

3: Gotta elaborate on that. Not familiar with DxD

4: Well firstly resistance to pain has nothing to do with stamina nor does that help with stamina issues. And Luffy still has much higher stamina. And i don't even see pain resistance on his profile so there's also that.

5: Irrelevant yes, which why I brought it up. You said "Fire resistance and Dragon Blaster obliterate Luffy."

6: Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd.

1) Does not matter because speed is equal, and Issei can still decrease Luffy's speed with the wyverns.

2) Okay.

3) I really need to explain the whole process?!?!

4) Resistance to pain helps a lot when you're exhausted on the ground while taking a beaten from your opponent, its allow you to still fight even with mortal injures. And not all things need to be abilities, its just simply feats of being able to shrug off damage.

5) M'okay.

6) Does Gear 2 and Gear 3 add new abilities/powers or are just some moves? Because if is the latter then it would not make any relevant difference.

Also, we can't argue like this, you can't talk about a version of a character while I'm talking about a different one in the same match, its make things very silly.

1: If speed is equalized then I'm pretty sure Issei can't make Luffy slower. That defeats the purpose of having the speed equalized.

2: Ye.

3: YES BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS AND I GET TO SEE YOU SUFFER :^)

4: Alright, that still doesn't change the fact that Luffy can outlast Issei due to the difference in stamina. Luffy is equal to or superior to characters like Ace who can fight for 5 day's nonstop. And shrugging off damage doesn't give you resistance to pain otherwise any Shounen anime character would have resistance to pain.

5: Ye.

6: Actually yes and no. Gears act as a transformation of the sorts especially Gear 3rd which gives him access to much stronger attacks such as Elephant Gun, Grizzly Magnum etc. Which I have serious doubts that Issei can take head on.

Not arguing about the forms being used, just more confused since again the OP never specified.

I am not an expert with One Piece so I am not going to vote for now but Divide works by dividing your oppenent's power and add it to you own. In Issei's case, Issei can summon multiple of wyverns who can do this, Issei is able to divide and reflect(if the attack is weak enough) any incoming attack and he can do this multiple times to the point where he can either tank it or just defelct it.

Another hax Issei has in his arsenal is Penetrate. This ability allows him to bypass any sort of defense/barrier or anything that can otherwise prevent his attack from harming his target (e.g X cannot be harmed by anything except Y). Note that it doesn't ignore durability

Well, those mountains are surely going to be destroyed...

I don't think flight is too much of an issue. Issei's not the kind of person that hangs in the air all day, especially against someone like Luffy who fights hand-to-hand and doesn't possess holy or light based attacks. He'd probably have Sairaorg flashbacks or something. Oh, didn't see that they're bloodlusted. Dunno about this then.

Issei doesn't have any particular stamina issues anymore apart from his DxD forms. In fact, I'd say he should be closer to Vali at this point who could maintain his Balance Breaker for a month way earlier in the series.

Reflect should work on attacks on Issei's level at least since he used it to reflect his attacks against Euclid by positioning his wyverns at strategic points, firing his attacks at them and making them reflect it at Euclid from different angles making it difficult for him to properly counter or defend against them. Vali's Reflect did work on Aŝi Dahāka's magic, but I'm not sure we can scale his Reflect to Issei's. Anyway, that's probably something for another thread since Luffy's attacks are physical, meaning Reflect is useless on Luffy directly. Divide and Penetrate should work though.

I highly doubt Armament Haki is anywhere as effective as Boost. It doubles Issei's overall strength consistently, doesn't have the drawback of ten seconds it does when Issei's simply using the gauntlet and can be spammed. Even if it did, I'm still willing to say Boost is much better than Armament Haki. That isn't taking into account Divide, which would basically halve Luffy's overall strength and add it to Issei's repeatedly as long as he uses it. Like New has said, his wyverns can use both abilities, meaning they can all boost their power, transfer it to Issei, halve Luffy's stats and transfer it to Issei. Coupled with Issei himself spamming Boost and Divide, Luffy gets overwhelmed in this aspect easily. While I think that activating his Gears can help Luffy keep up somewhat, Issei can still halve the increase in strength Luffy gains and add it to himself.

Penetrate should be helpful in bypassing Luffy's Armament Haki as well, since it's an invisible armor or barrier and Penetrate bypasses defenses that would stop Issei from hitting the target directly.

Blunt force resistance is going to be pretty helpful too, but I don't know if it'd still completely protect Luffy from punches or kicks that are above his pay grade. I've not watched much of One Piece, but from what I've gathered, Luffy can still be harmed by simple punches and kicks, just not easily since he's highly resistant to attacks of that nature. Issei also has Ascalon for slicing, piercing and cutting damage. Since Issei can use Penetrate physically, he should be capable of using it with Ascalon, and it'd have the added effect of bypassing Luffy's Armament Haki, which would be just...yeah.

Luffy's precognition is limited, but I'm not going to deny that it's useful and sure as hell better than aim dodging and all. But since it's not constantly on and is obviously limited, Issei can get around it by firing off Dragon Shots in unpredictable and complicated patterns by curving them and making them change directions when Luffy's anticipated them to come in from a certain direction. He can make his cannons point to different directions and shoot blasts at the same time to the direction Luffy would dodge to. Also, he can adopt the tactic he used against Euclid and reflect his attacks at Luffy after he's dodged them or simply control their trajectory and make them home in on him. Precognition also wouldn't help much against AoE and Issei can expand the AoE of his attacks at will.

His wyverns can also provide further backup and cover for him in the areas of defense and offense, and like New said, they're useful for distractions and Issei can regenerate his armor if it's damaged or destroyed. There's also the possibility that Luffy can stretch too much or Issei dodges his outstretched limbs, which might possibly leave him temporarily open to attacks.

I don't know about Elephant Gun or Grizzly Magnum, but I'm assuming it's referring to the fact that Luffy can increase the size of his fists with it. In that case, Issei has something similar with Solid Impact and Solid Impact Booster. If it's referring to the fact that it's stronger than his normal moves, Issei also has something similar with Crimson Blaster, Fang Blast Booster, Dragon Blaster and Longinus Smasher.

Also, some of Issei's attacks can affect space, which is accepted as bypassing durability here.

So, yeah, voting for Issei. This one physically hurt me since I love Luffy. Sorry for the wall of text too.

Thanx Fingers, I could have died if I try to explain the process of boost and divide for Issei and the wyverns.

I'm not up to date with DxD but even below volume 15, Issei can already consistently use his Cardinal Crimson form without any stamina issues. Those issues are a problem only in the early series when he's nothing more than a low level devil and inexperienced with his Sacred Gear. Now after having a new dragon body and becoming a high class devil, as well as having more familiarity with his powers, those stamina issues are pretty much gone.

Also, pretty sure speed equalized only affect their base speed. If someone has power that can lower their enemy's speed (like gravity manipulation, or in this case, Divine Dividing's halving power) when they fight, then there's no reason that it shouldn't work because of speed equalization.

I think speed equalization takes care of that, except it's with time hax. If Divide can work when speed is equalized, well easier win for Issei for me.

Back