• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luffy post-timeskip Gears and Bazooka multiplier scaling

So in the pre timeskip revision thread a few months back, it was agreed that Gear 2 scaled above Base Luffy's Bazooka (which is 2x normal base) for breaking Base Lucci's Tekkai when Base Bazooka couldn't and Gear 3 scaled above Jet Bazooka, which is 2x G2 normal power, for breaking Hybrid Lucci's tekkai when Jet Bazooka could not.

It seems to me like this multiplier of G2 being above Base Bazooka and G3 being above Jet Bazooka really should not change post timeskip.

For beginning of timeskip to Dressrosa Luffy, nothing changes since G2 already scales 3x above Base and G3 scales to 3x G2, and even though G4 should scale above Grizzly Magnum (which I'll get into below), G4 in Dressrosa already scales to like 5x dressrosa G3.

The only issue is Gear 2+3 since I'm not sure it should scale above Grizzly Magnum, so this one will have to be discussed.

Early WCI is where the fun begins.

G2 should scale above Base Bazooka, aka 79.6 gigatons.

No-Haki G3 does NOT scale above Jet Bazooka with Haki IMO since that'd be kind of assuming much, so this does not affect Monster scaling.

G3 with Haki should scale above Jet Bazooka however, so it would be 159.4 gigatons. Since an uncompressed G4 overpowered the same cracker soldier that beat G3, then compressed G4 would be 4x this and scale to 637.6 gigatons. This would scale to Awakened Katakuri and Post-Katakuri G3.

Post Katakuri Base and G2 should stay the same, and Snakeman is not changed, but FRA G3 is now 637.6 gigatons while G4 should arguably scale above Grizzly Magnum IMO and thus be >= 2x G3 (aka 1.2752 teratons), since G4 is usually portrayed post timeskip as being well above any G3 attacks. Strongest attacks are 4x G3 and thus would be 2.55 teratons.

In Wano, literally the only change would be for post Udon gear 2 which would be 238.8 gigatons.

I'm not sure whether Gear 2+3 would scale above Grizzly Magnum, since that'd affect the Zoan Tobiroppo scaling.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I don't know if this can be discussed here either, but since this is about Post-Timeskip Luffy Bazooka attacks, I think this might be appropriate, but Gear 4th: Boundman Luffy in his Post-Udon Prison Training and Post-Haōshoku Advancement keys with Leo Bazooka shouldn't scale to 2,064 Petatons due to the logic of his Bazooka attacks that has already been approved since the regular attacks of his Boundman are scaled to 1,032 Petatons? That would scale to his Kong Gatling, King Kong Gun, Over Kong Gun and Snakeman's Hydra since they are all superior to Leo Bazooka in power, I don't know if there's any other characters that would scale to this value, maybe Hybrid Form Kaidou (I don't know if he would scale to it with Haōshoku Infusion or Shuron Hakke, or maybe him with both scales to it), and surely Flame Dragon Form Kaidou scales to it, since his Kaen Daiko matched Bajrang Gun for a long period of time before being eventually overpowered, which is superior to Kong Gatling, King Kong Gun, Over Kong Gun and Snakeman's Hydra, which are stronger than Leo Bazooka

Last edited:
I don't know if this can be discussed here either, but since this is about Post-Timeskip Luffy Bazooka attacks, I think this might be appropriate, but Gear 4th: Boundman Luffy in his Post-Udon Prison Training and Post-Haōshoku Advancement keys with Leo Bazooka shouldn't scale to 2,064 Petatons due to the logic of his Bazooka attacks that has already been approved since the regular attacks of his Boundman are scaled to 1,032 Petatons? That would scale to his Kong Gatling, King Kong Gun, Over Kong Gun and Snakeman's Hydra since they are all superior to Leo Bazooka in power, I don't know if there's any other characters that would scale to this value, maybe Hybrid Form Kaidou (I don't know if he would scale to it with Haōshoku Infusion or Shuron Hakke, or maybe him with both scales to it), and surely Flame Dragon Form Kaidou scales to it, since his Kaen Daiko matched Bajrang Gun for a long period of time before being eventually overpowered, which is superior to Kong Gatling, King Kong Gun, Over Kong Gun and Snakeman's Hydra, which are stronger than Leo Bazooka
Not for this thread

What would the scaling look like if we just removed the multiplier instead?

We don't scale multipliers like that, also it was a twin pistol for gear 3rd which is probably getting removed since only the bazooka multiplier remains.

What would the scaling look like if we just removed the multiplier instead?
?

Didn't we literally just have a CRT saying the Bazooka multiplier was gonna stay?

Pre-timeskip is the only place so far where this multiplier is even being used.

In any case, this CRT has no effect on pre-timeskip Luffy (since that is where the G3 > 2x G2nd multiplier comes from), nor on Beginning of Timeskip Luffy (since G2 scales to 3x base and G3 scales to 3x G2nd and G4 scales to like 5x G3 so the only possible way this would matter would be for G2+3 Luffy to be above Grizzly Magnum), Early WCI and post-Kata Luffy would be most affected.

We don't scale multipliers like that, also it was a twin pistol for gear 3rd which is probably getting removed since only the bazooka multiplier remains.

I mean, there's no reason for post-timeskip G2nd to not still be above Bazooka and for G3 to still not be above Jet Bazooka.

If you think only the Bazooka multiplier should count, then only G2 and G3 would get the 2x multiplier above their respective previous state.

I mean, there's no reason for post-timeskip G2nd to not still be above Bazooka and for G3 to still not be above Jet Bazooka.
Yes there is, the only reason Gear 2nd scales there is due to Lucci matching the bazooka.

There's nothing stating Gear 2nd is stronger than the bazooka. And Gear 3rd isn't above a jet bazooka, it's above twin jet pistols based on logic that it did more to Lucci.

Multiplies aren't scaled like that.

If only the G2 and G3 multipliers count:

Pre-timeskip and Beginning of timeskip Luffy: No change

Early WCI: G2nd is 79.6 gigatons, G3rd with no Haki only scales above G2, G3rd with Haki scales to 159.2 gigatons, G4 is 637.6 gigatons FRA

Post-Kata: G3 is 637.6 gigatons, strongest attacks are 2.55 teratons

Yes there is, the only reason Gear 2nd scales there is due to Lucci matching the bazooka.
And there is nothing that says that Base got relatively stronger compared to G2 over the timeskip.
There's nothing stating Gear 2nd is stronger than the bazooka. And Gear 3rd isn't above a jet bazooka, it's above twin jet pistols based on logic that it did more to Lucci.
That's what the pre-timeskip revision thread said and it was accepted.

If the scaling is because of Lucci's tanking, then it isn't linear. Unless another character does the exact same feat and gets broken by G2's AP then I don't see how it can count from Enies Lobby all the way to post-ts

It said twin jet pistol, I know the feat.

It literally doesn't matter, Gear 2nd and 3rd only get that scaling due to Lucci. He doesn't have that scaling in the post-timeskip.
I mean, a good support is how Doflamingo called even a Jet Bazooka weak, yet opted to dodge or use strings to block every Gear 3rd attack Luffy used.

I mean, a good support is how Doflamingo called even a Jet Bazooka weak, yet opted to dodge or use strings to block every Gear 3rd attack Luffy used.
You can use that to scale Gear 3rd above the eagle bazooka in that key, but it's not enough to justify a multiplier for Gear 3rd in general.

ECB9752E-3939-427C-AFDC-39759361EEEC.jpg
So in the pre timeskip revision thread a few months back, it was agreed that Gear 2 scaled above Base Luffy's Bazooka (which is 2x normal base) for breaking Base Lucci's Tekkai when Base Bazooka couldn't and Gear 3 scaled above Jet Bazooka, which is 2x G2 normal power, for breaking Hybrid Lucci's tekkai when Jet Bazooka could not.

It seems to me like this multiplier of G2 being above Base Bazooka and G3 being above Jet Bazooka really should not change post timeskip.

For beginning of timeskip to Dressrosa Luffy, nothing changes since G2 already scales 3x above Base and G3 scales to 3x G2, and even though G4 should scale above Grizzly Magnum (which I'll get into below), G4 in Dressrosa already scales to like 5x dressrosa G3.

The only issue is Gear 2+3 since I'm not sure it should scale above Grizzly Magnum, so this one will have to be discussed.

Early WCI is where the fun begins.

G2 should scale above Base Bazooka, aka 79.6 gigatons.

No-Haki G3 does NOT scale above Jet Bazooka with Haki IMO since that'd be kind of assuming much, so this does not affect Monster scaling.

G3 with Haki should scale above Jet Bazooka however, so it would be 159.4 gigatons. Since an uncompressed G4 overpowered the same cracker soldier that beat G3, then compressed G4 would be 4x this and scale to 637.6 gigatons. This would scale to Awakened Katakuri and Post-Katakuri G3.

Post Katakuri Base and G2 should stay the same, and Snakeman is not changed, but FRA G3 is now 637.6 gigatons while G4 should arguably scale above Grizzly Magnum IMO and thus be >= 2x G3 (aka 1.2752 teratons), since G4 is usually portrayed post timeskip as being well above any G3 attacks. Strongest attacks are 4x G3 and thus would be 2.55 teratons.

In Wano, literally the only change would be for post Udon gear 2 which would be 238.8 gigatons.

I'm not sure whether Gear 2+3 would scale above Grizzly Magnum, since that'd affect the Zoan Tobiroppo scaling.

Thoughts?
Gear 2nd is a 10x multiplier

Back