• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucy (Elfen Lied) Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
It's about time I did this after pushing it off for so long and having college breathing on my neck...

I am back once again with another CRT to implement some changes to the character in question's profile. There will be both upgrades and downgrades in this CRT. Let us start with the upgrades:

Upgrades:

• Speed: Probably the most notable one will be to upgrade Lucy's combat speed and travel speed with her vectors. Right here is the approved calculation which would bump her speed up to Sub-Relativistic+ and her previous Massively Hypersonic+ rating can be repurposed to her travel speed, seeing as she can "fly" by extending her vectors by long distances, and her vectors extended at MHS+ speeds over long distances. However, I would like to inquire to see if it is possible to also reach for a "likely/possibly Relativistic" for her combat speed, seeing as she did this while her body was melting (meaning her pain weakness was being overexploited and thus made the vectors hard to use), the result is just under 1% from Relativistic and she already displays Relativistic Perception with the accepted end.
  • Range: Long Horns key should have hundreds of meters range with projectiles seeing as she can down helicopters , which normally fly between 100-200 meters. And as for her EoS key, it would be best to just leave it at thousands of kilometers, Possibly Planetary, seeing as nothing really suggests that her AP, speed, range, etc. have increased when she melts when all what happens in the end is that she decides to go all out (she threatens to kill off everybody not caring for Kouta anymore).
Downgrades:

• Her 6-C rating: There is no good justification for her to have this rating in her profile listed. Again, nothing suggests that her powers have increased after melting. In fact, it is contradicted by the order that Lucy displayed her feats, starting with a casual High 7-A feat and every feat after that being less impressive. Not to mention, that even displaying this casual feat caused her to lightly melt: she coughed blood from her insides melting. I also feel like this also produces some misinformation, most notably the notion that Lucy has a "melting form", which is not supported by the manga at all. We also really have no reliable way of quantifying how much more impressive her vector in space feat is at the moment, so the AP rating of her EoS key should just say "At least High 7-A, likely much higher while enraged".
  • Telekinesis: After re-reading the manga, I have my doubts about the vectors even being telekinetic manifestations, seeing as they can be dodged and perceived by people without ESP (feeling their air movement, not that they can see them), and the most consistent depiction of them is them coming out of the Diclonii's back. As such, I feel like this ability should be removed...
That should be it for the moment.

You can ask active and experienced members listed in the Elfen Lied verse page to comment here.

Bump.

I have messaged Prom to comment here. Time to wait.

Okay. Asking just one person is probably not enough though.

I dunno about the Light Manip but the rest is fine. Never liked the telekinesis thing.

I was thinking Light Manipulation because normally, the vectors cannot be seen and are completely invisible, and as we know, they're implied to be capable of emitting radiation (hence, Radiation Manipulation in her profile).

But if it's not good enough justification for that ability, I guess it's fine to leave out...

What Promestein has accepted can probably be applied.

Thank you. Should I close this thread then?

Seeing as the upgrades have been implemented, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back