• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aang vs Lucy (Elfen Lied)

Two glass canons fight! Both are on their strongest keys. Both are in-character and speed is NOT equalized (unless deemed necessary). Who will win? The pacifist or the murderous psychopath?

Aang: 1

Lucy: 8

Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Aang's strongest key is his mastered avatar state. Koizilla arguably has more range, but Aang can only waterbend in that form.

I haven't seen Elfen Lied. Though Aang has extrasensory perception, he most likely wouldn't be able to see her vectors based on how they're described. Though it should be noted that he has an air shield and rings of elemental debris around his body, and bending has NPI, so that should be able to ward off the vectors. For Lucy's storm summoning, Aang can disperse the clouds using bending and redirect the lightning if it comes his way. He doesn't resist fear manipulation, but experiencing the fight with hundreds of past lives fighting with him should help with maintaining his courage.

Aang's strongest key is his mastered avatar state. Koizilla arguably has more range, but Aang can only waterbend in that form.

I haven't seen Elfen Lied. Though Aang has extrasensory perception, he most likely wouldn't be able to see her vectors based on how they're described. Though it should be noted that he has an air shield and rings of elemental debris around his body, and bending has NPI, so that should be able to ward off the vectors. For Lucy's storm summoning, Aang can disperse the clouds using bending and redirect the lightning if it comes his way. He doesn't resist fear manipulation, but experiencing the fight with hundreds of past lives fighting with him should help with maintaining his courage.
Lucy’s vectors start off the size of arms, then become the size of city blocks, and then islands.

For width reference check here:
https://imgur.io/a/VDXK8

For length reference check here:

Lucy’s vectors start off the size of arms, then become the size of city blocks, and then islands.
Will that happen over the course of the battle, or do they start out at their largest?
Avatars shouldn't have too much of a problem dealing with island-sized objects; they were formerly low 6-B for Kyoshi creating an island.
Aang's methods of attacking her are fairly limited because of the gap in reaction speed; however he could surround her head in an air bubble and disperse the air from around her, knocking her out via asphyxiation.

Will that happen over the course of the battle, or do they start out at their largest?
Avatars shouldn't have too much of a problem dealing with island-sized objects; they were formerly low 6-B for Kyoshi creating an island.
Aang's methods of attacking her are fairly limited because of the gap in reaction speed; however he could surround her head in an air bubble and disperse the air from around her, knocking her out via asphyxiation.
Yeah I’m having it be over the course of the battle. Not that she can sustain herself too much since she’s basically melting herself in this form.

Fan of both series here

This is kinda a stomp

Firstly Lucy has WAY higher reaction speed than Aang (Mach 2500 vs Mach 106,738)

So he can't touch her

Her attack speed is similar to Aangs however Aang can't move out of the way in time due to her vectors being well Island sized, and she has 14 of them

And this brings me to my final point - The AP difference

29.6 Exatons vs 210.75 Exatons (7.119x Ap difference)

Aang gets oneshot if he's hit by even 1 of these attacks

Yeah she's only in this mode for a short amount of time but it doesn't matter if Aang gets killed in a single attack and can't get close enough to actually damage her

Lucy for me

Fan of both series here

This is kinda a stomp

Firstly Lucy has WAY higher reaction speed than Aang (Mach 2500 vs Mach 106,738)

So he can't touch her

Her attack speed is similar to Aangs however Aang can't move out of the way in time due to her vectors being well Island sized, and she has 14 of them

And this brings me to my final point - The AP difference

29.6 Exatons vs 210.75 Exatons (7.119x Ap difference)

Aang gets oneshot if he's hit by even 1 of these attacks

Yeah she's only in this mode for a short amount of time but it doesn't matter if Aang gets killed in a single attack and can't get close enough to actually damage her

Lucy for me
They both one shot each other actually, it’s just that the vectors can tank the attacks. Regardless Aang just has to outlast her.

Vote counted.

Lucy dodges with her 50x higher reaction speed until she gets to that level
She still only moves at an athletic human speed. She’ll be able react very well but she can’t physically dodge high speed attacks when they’re close to her. Reacting but getting her body to actually dodge it would be impossible. Her vectors however could block attacks at MH+ speeds, but her body isn’t dodging anything.

She still only moves at an athletic human speed. She’ll be able react very well but she can’t physically dodge high speed attacks when they’re close to her. Reacting but getting her body to actually dodge it would be impossible. Her vectors however could block attacks at MH+ speeds, but her body isn’t dodging anything.
She can use her vectors to propel herself

She as well a many other dicloni can do this

Also Lucy at all times has 14 arms to attack Aang while Aang is much more limited in his attacks with nothing really reaching the near Danmaku levels Lucy is capable of achieving

I still think that Aang could knock her out by asphyxiating her before the vectors get to dangerously huge levels, especially if airbending isn't really visible to Lucy.

I still think that Aang could knock her out by asphyxiating her before the vectors get to dangerously huge levels, especially if airbending isn't really visible to Lucy.
This is in-character. When has Aang ever done that to anyone?

Honestly, the fact that Lucy is vastly more brutal is enough for me to vote for her here.

This is in-character. When has Aang ever done that to anyone?

Honestly, the fact that Lucy is vastly more brutal is enough for me to vote for her here.
Not him specifically, but he is in the avatar state, which means he has access to Yangchen's abilities and knowledge, and she's an air nomad who has done that.

Pretty sure Aang has control over his Avatar State in his adult key, though. And even in the several Avatar State fights we see in the show he has never gone for that move.

She can use her vectors to propel herself

She as well a many other dicloni can do this

Also Lucy at all times has 14 arms to attack Aang while Aang is much more limited in his attacks with nothing really reaching the near Danmaku levels Lucy is capable of achieving
Dodging by propelling herself with vectors is viable however less effective than regular dodging, especially if the attack is from close distance, she’s not moving anywhere.

Not mention that propelling herself with island sized vectors is simply unfeasible due to awkwardness of the size.

Last edited:
Considering Aang can't even touch her and the fact Lucy would eventually have her Vectors in an astonishing 50 KM in width and several thousand KM in length, yeah Aang doesn't seems like he could really do anything here
voting Lucy

Considering Aang can't even touch her and the fact Lucy would eventually have her Vectors in an astonishing 50 KM in width and several thousand KM in length, yeah Aang doesn't seems like he could really do anything here
voting Lucy
Vote counted

Back