• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luck in vs threads

How exactly does luck affect vs threads? Of course, I'm not talking about normal luck that everyone may or may not experience, I'm talking about his kind of luck.

its a case by case situation over what was shown the character can invoke with their luck and if it can be used repeatedly or its severely limited (there are cases on luck vs luck that the stronger one nullifies the weaker, even in danganronpa anime that happened), in your case you linked to a roughly average human that with luck he could likely defeat small group of people with guns as they could misfire or ricochet and hit the attacker, it really depends on proven cases and other small variants to be stated in vs threads.

Well, the problem is that I don't have any idea how the luck would work against an opponent that doesn't rely on weapons that can misfire. I was about to open a vs thread about two characters that would normally be more or less equal in skills, stats and ability, but one of them has a massive luck advantage while the other's luck is average. Would it be okay to restrict the luck to make things fair?

Any opinions on that? I would prefer to avoid turning a pretty balanced match into "Character A wins because character B trips on thin air, gets some dust in her eyes and suffucates from her own saliva".

luck is useless unless it has shown specific uses that are combat applicable.

ie: F/SN Where luck let Saber avoid causality reversing Gae-bolg. so high level of luck in the setting should be at least be able to give simple protection against such attacks, nothing more.

i would like to give you a solid opinion on this, i dont think one should say win via luck that made a piano fall on someones head but i dont think it should be downplayed either, if a fight is neck to neck it should atleast be added as it gave the person with super luck an opening to finish the fight, that is my opinion on that, opening as a low end use of luck to actually incapacitating someone if their said luck has such feats like a truck comes and runs someone over, again big luck feats should only be used with examples that actually happened on their verses. if you want to cancel some of the super luck feats say for example fight on a desert (lack of objects other than sand), empty town or a place devoid of anything but physical space and air. hope this helps

Back