• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucina vs Weiss

Spinoirr

He/Him
Speed is = and both are town level

Weiss:

Lucina: 1

Icon:
20210718_000105.png

Last edited:
Let’s see. I would probably go with blue haired princess from a ruined future.

The two are pretty much dead even when in comes to AP. Speed is = (even though they are both MHS) although with Vantage+, if Weiss attacks then it would allow Lucina to strike first.

Lucina has Aegis+ which halves Weiss’s ranged attacks. She also got Pavise+ which halves physical attacks and Counter to return that damage back to her or even her summons. She can heal and bypass Weiss’s Aura with Aether.

The two are pretty much dead even when in comes to AP. Speed is = (even though they are both MHS) although with Vantage+, if Weiss attacks then it would allow Lucina to strike first.
Weiss has multiple speed amps that she regularly spams
Lucina has Aegis+ which halves Weiss’s ranged attacks. She also got Pavise+ which halves physical attacks and Counter to return that damage back to her or even her summons. She can heal and bypass Weiss’s Aura with Aether.
Weiss can heal as well

Can Passive+ counteract Weiss freezing Lucina solid on-contact? Or using non-projectile based non-melee attacks?

Aether can bypass forcefields?

Weiss has multiple speed amps that she regularly spams
Even if Weiss has her speed amps, if she attack first, Vantage+ will allow Lucina to strike first
Weiss can heal as well
Forgot that Aura can regen if that is what you referring to. It would be a match for Lucina’s own which is down by either Aether or using her Parallel Falchion
Can Passive+ counteract Weiss freezing Lucina solid on-contact?
Can’t really say. Don’t remember much ice-based Magic/physical attack used in the game, even though it been long since I touched Awakening. Although since Aegis+ can work on ranged elemental attacks, Pavise+ should be able to halves that of physical elemental attacks
Or using non-projectile based non-melee attacks?
What?
Aether can bypass forcefields?
Aether is dura-neg so I assume she would be able to ignoring the durability of her Aura

Even if Weiss has her speed amps, if she attack first, Vantage+ will allow Lucina to strike first
How does that work...?
Forgot that Aura can regen if that is what you referring to. It would be a match for Lucina’s own which is down by either Aether or using her Parallel Falchion
No i mean Weiss has actual healing abilities like Nova which simultaneously heals her and freezes enemies around her in an AoE
Can’t really say. Don’t remember much ice-based Magic/physical attack used in the game, even though it been long since I touched Awakening. Although since Aegis+ can work on ranged elemental attacks, Pavise+ should be able to halves that of physical elemental attacks
But would it prevent her from being frozen?
Weiss has stuff like being able to freeze enemies from the inside by summoning glyphs directly on them without the use of a projectile
Aether is dura-neg so I assume she would be able to ignoring the durability of her Aura
Thats not how that works, it would need feats of bypassing forcefields in order to argue that it can bypass her Aura. If not then it wouldnt work on Weiss until her Aura goes down. Weiss also has stuff like glyph shields and Hard Light Dust barriers which would make hitting her directly even harder

How does that work...?
It… just does how it said it work. That all I can say.
No i mean Weiss has actual healing abilities like Nova which simultaneously heals her and freezes enemies around her in an AoE
Really, her profile doesn’t mention it being able to heal and stuff.
But would it prevent her from being frozen?

Weiss has stuff like being able to freeze enemies from the inside by summoning glyphs directly on them without the use of a projectile
Well, it is still a ranged attack, so the effect should still be halved. Although since it is freezing I don’t know how it would interact with Aegis and Pavise, the freezing would probably still happen but the effect would be half as effective.
Thats not how that works, it would need feats of bypassing forcefields in order to argue that it can bypass her Aura. If not then it wouldnt work on Weiss until her Aura goes down. Weiss also has stuff like glyph shields and Hard Light Dust barriers which would make hitting her directly even harder
Eh really. Aether can bypass that of armors and shields and bypass the defense of her opponent. On the flip side, it not like Aura has any feats of being able to stop dura-neg attacks, at least none that I know of. I leave it to the other members participating to decide this.

It… just does how it said it work. That all I can say.
Has it shown to work on opponents significantly faster than herself?
Really, her profile doesn’t mention it being able to heal and stuff.
Huh?

*Looks at her profile

Hmm, it seems as though someone removed a few of her powers without a CRT, i'll have to take care of that, i'll readd that in a few minutes because its 100% a power that she has
Well, it is still a ranged attack, so the effect should still be halved. Although since it is freezing I don’t know how it would interact with Aegis and Pavise, the freezing would probably still happen but the effect would be half as effective.
So summoning stuff o your opponent without the use of a projectile or ranged component is still considered a ranged attack in FE?
Eh really. Aether can bypass that of armors and shields and bypass the defense of her opponent. On the flip side, it not like Aura has any feats of being able to stop dura-neg attacks, at least none that I know of. I leave it to the other members participating to decide this.
Thats the thing though, it has feats of bypassing physical defenses but it would need feats of bypassing nonphysical defenses, thats kind of our standard for the relation between forcefields and dura negation.

And yes actually it does, Aura has feats of stopping stuff like transmutation and matter manip

Has it shown to work on opponents significantly faster than herself?
I have never played Lunatic+ but the ability should work as it say since even with Normal Vantage skill, characters with it can still attack first even when my characters, or enemy units, are faster
Huh?

*Looks at her profile

Hmm, it seems as though someone removed a few of her powers without a CRT, i'll have to take care of that, i'll readd that in a few minutes because its 100% a power that she has
If you said so
So summoning stuff o your opponent without the use of a projectile or ranged component is still considered a ranged attack in FE?
I don’t think there is much staves in Awakening, besides the healing staff so I can’t say
Thats the thing though, it has feats of bypassing physical defenses but it would need feats of bypassing nonphysical defenses, thats kind of our standard for the relation between forcefields and dura negation.

And yes actually it does, Aura has feats of stopping stuff like transmutation and matter manip
Aura resisted those stuff in the canon show? That’s a first I hear of that

I have never played Lunatic+ but the ability should work as it say since even with Normal Vantage skill, characters with it can still attack first even when my characters, or enemy units, are faster
Hmm...i man alright i guess, i dont really know enough to argue against that so i assume its like a form if instinctive reaction or something similar, but all ir does is lt Lucina get an advantage attack?
I don’t think there is much staves in Awakening, besides the healing staff so I can’t say
We might want to call someone knowledgeable on FE in here then because like half of Weiss' arsenal consists of glyphs like that
Aura resisted those stuff in the canon show? That’s a first I hear of that
In the canon novels but yes

It's the highest difficulty setting where every enemy has busted skills

Even if we assumed these skills were canon, it would mean the only time she's ever used them were when she was fighting her father and therefore jobbed against everyone she actually tried to kill

Back