• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lunatic+ Skills removal

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Lucina currently has skills only accessible to her when fighting the party entirely once in Lunatic+, they should be removed as it's ridiculous to assume she has these skills only shown in a boss fight with extremely ramped up difficulty, especially when she never has them anywhere else

Wouldn’t we have to remove all skills characters have as an enemy then?

I don’t exactly see why we can’t use them, she still has been shown to have those skills, regardless of how often she has used them. We don’t just assume that the character doesn’t have an ability if they have only shown to have used it once.

It could also be for difficulty purposes, like the existence of Lunatic+ skills in the first place

I don’t think that skills that a character doesn’t have as an ally, but as an enemy should be unusable.

for example, in Heroes, characters you fight numerous times throughout the story (Surtr, Freyja, etc) all have different skills each time. However, as an ally, they only have a select few base skills.

This for instance, is game balancing, since having that many skills to choose from initially would be a bit too OP, considering you wouldn’t need much effort to customize your unit however you like.

and there is also the factor of making the enemy challenging, and having those skills on an ally would be too strong, which I suppose falls under game balancing too.

Literally all I'm seeing here is just list them as possibly/optional if we don't know the exact reason why she does or doesn't have them and either of the above are potential answers.

Easy solution, covers both issues, has shit listed for indexing purposes but also takes into account the possibility of canonicity being a variable.

By the way, for Lunatic+, literally every non-recruitable enemy has a random Lunatic+ skill and we're treating it as canon lmao

Since even generic bandits are haxxed now, everyone should get a massive upgrade to their skill or something

Also wouldn't mind removing skills from FEH bosses either

Fine with Chariot's proposal.

Though, their is a point about every average foot soldier in Lunatic+ having this hax does leave it a bad impression.

By the way, for Lunatic+, literally every non-recruitable enemy has a random Lunatic+ skill and we're treating it as canon lmao
Maybe they do, maybe they don't. 🤷‍♂️
Characters like Lucina, Grima, etc have hard set non random skills on those difficulties though so it's not exactly the same thing as random mook RNG.

Either way, just list it as possibly, we don't know the actual reason, it's the best we can do without enforcing ones interpretation over another equally valid interpretation and vice versa.

I suppose what Chariot suggested is fine by me. I admit that it is a little iffy for the reasons said above

Last edited:
Also wouldn't mind removing skills from FEH bosses either
We really shouldn’t, as for one, it’s obviously for game balancing, and two, it’s quite literally the skills they have shown to have. Doesn’t really matter if they have them as an ally or not, since no units automatically come with multiple A,B, or C skills for the former reason. Not to mention, who’s to say that skills that they have as an ally are any more canon than the ones they have as an enemy?

But anyways, this is derailing, and kind of a false comparison on my part (no random skills on select difficulties or what not) so I’ll stop here.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. 🤷‍♂️
Characters like Lucina, Grima, etc have hard set non random skills on those difficulties though so it's not exactly the same thing as random mook RNG.

Either way, just list it as possibly, we don't know the actual reason, it's the best we can do without enforcing ones interpretation over another equally valid interpretation and vice versa.
Lucina is also randomized, actually

A random skill, but not all.
Her concrete skills should
be fine to list as possibly like Dual Strike+ (Yes I know, don't point it out), and the outrealm shit if related to like lunatic+.

But anyway let me reiterate, if a enemy, or boss, have a skill and ability exclusive to a higher difficulty that they lack on lower difficulty or as an ally, but, as the enemy, they always have said skill (Such as Grima's dragon scale+++++ shit, I know, Grima is a bad example because you don't recruit him but I have vivid memories of his bullshit on lun+), then it's fair to list it as possibly/optional as it's a constant to said character depending how one plays the game.

RNG generated shit is aight to be exceptionally scrutinized, but like, if Aversa, Tiki, etc have a skill on a higher difficulty, but only on higher difficulty, but they always have it on the difficulty and isn't just a dice roll, well see above.
In the case of FEH though, them not having certain skills upon recruit is absolutely not reflective of what they canonically have, it's just another way to get you to spend due to the skill merging and sharing shit.

Is that sufficient?

Last edited:
But anyway let me reiterate, if a enemy, or boss, have a skill and ability exclusive to a higher difficulty that they lack on lower difficulty or as an ally, but, as the enemy, they always have said skill (Such as Grima's dragon scale+++++ shit, I know, Grima is a bad example because you don't recruit him but I have vivid memories of his bullshit on lun+), then it's fair to list it as possibly/optional as it's a constant to said character depending how one plays the game.

RNG generated shit is aight to be exceptionally scrutinized, but like, if Aversa, Tiki, etc have a skill on a higher difficulty, but only on higher difficulty, but they always have it on the difficulty and isn't just a dice roll, well see above.
In the case of FEH though, them not having certain skills upon recruit is absolutely not reflective of what they canonically have, it's just another way to get you to spend due to the skill merging and sharing shit.

Is that sufficient?
Well, then Lucina should still lose her Lunatic+ skills since they're chosen out of a randomizer, none of the skills are something she "always" has

Cool, I don't have any real issues if we remove the strictly RNG shit, but Rtx can argue that, a optional I could see still working tho.(Given it's, well, optional?) But I'm neutral if one wants to purge those particular skills.
But as long as we agree, for future reference, in the outlined cases, to not just go "oh they don't this ability as an ally, but only as a hard boss so it's likely not canonical", and instead factor in if it's a constant, do they always have that ability as that high end boss, etc, well yeah.
FEH though is a case of money go brrrrrr so in that case in general I wouldn't hold it against the ally version in any such case.

Well, the Lunatic+ skills are the strictly RNG stuff, with exceptions of like, Grima and Validar (iirc)

Kinda dropped the part about FEH, I was wrong there

Back