• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucemon Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
So SomebodyStupid and I have gotten into a little rut over whether or not Lucemon is Multi-Planet Level. You see, his Grand Cross attack is described as firing a syzygy (an alignment of three or more celestial bodies) at a target. Since it doesn't specify what types of Celestial Bodies, it could theoretically throw asteroids and small planetoids, limiting him to Continent/Small Planet Level in base. However, I've found the animations for the attack to be fairly consistent.

In the Frontier Anime the attack appeared as this.

In the Digimon Cyber Sleuth game the attack appears to be similar in appearance as shown here if paused at 0:19.

Aside from the fact that said solar system is nowhere near the size of an actual solar system, the fact of the matter is that his official profile treats it as though it contains the energy of one.

So, thoughts?

If so, then his AP will end up looking like:

At least Multi-Planet Level, likely Solar System Level | Solar System Level+ | Unknown, likely Universe Level

I don't remembre Frontier very good but, wasn't it Susannomon who defeated Lucemon? They should be equal in power, right? and Susanoomon is universal, right?

Antoniofer said:
I don't remembre Frontier very good but, wasn't it Susannomon who defeated Lucemon? They should be equal in power, right? and Susanoomon is universal, right?
What form?

Well... I'm mainly talking about Lucemon's base form since Falldown Mode's stats are derived from it. Satan/Shadowlord Mode is probably Universal as you stated (absorbed so much data that space was reduced to a blank white and stabbed through Susanoomon). I just wanted input on the Grand Cross feat.

Reppuzan said:
Well... I'm mainly talking about Lucemon's base form since Falldown Mode's stats are derived from it. Satan/Shadowlord Mode is probably Universal as you stated (absorbed so much data that space was reduced to a blank white and stabbed through Susanoomon). I just wanted input on the Grand Cross feat.
Ah in that case you should upgrade him after this thread is concluded and get an admin to lock it

So Large Star Level, cool. I've been so focused on the Solar System part that I keep forgetting what's in between. Thansk for the reminder, I'm pretty absentminded...

Reppuzan said:
Aside from the fact that said solar system is nowhere near the size of an actual solar system, the fact of the matter is that his official profile treats it as though it contains the energy of one.
Please elaborate. What does his official profile say?

I'm with Ant here. I'd like to know what his official profile says about his powers before i have a say in this. Should it be something that would put Lucemon at either Star or possibly even SS level, i'll support it(even though i'm not much of a Digimon watcher as i'd like to admit).

The profile does not talk much about the power of attacks, in the case of the Grand Cross the maximum that is talked about is that their power exceeds the Seven Heavens. Its Special Move is firing ten super-heated spheres of light arranged in a cruciform syzygy (Grand Cross). This technique possesses a power surpassing that of Seraphimon's "Seven Heavens". .

His official profile, word for word is this:

Lucemo is an Angel Digimon. It has the appearance of a child, and is said to have descended to the ancient Digital World long ago. It manifested in an era in which the Digital World was still chaotic, and it is said that it brought about order and harmony. However, because of a later "Rebellion" against Lucemon, it summoned a long period of darkness. Although it has the appearance of a child, the power and intelligence it possesses surpass even that of an Ultimate Digimon. It is said that Lucemon's abilities have now been inherited and split among the Celestial Digimo.[3]

• Grand Cross[4]: Fires ten super-heated spheres of light arranged in a cruciform syzygy, a technique more powerful than Seraphimo's "Strike of the Seven Stars".
  • Divine Feet (Divine Feat): Creates a great sword or spear of light and with it pierces the enemy.
Syzygy is a rather specific term since it refers to having three or more celestial bodies in alignment. The animation is also rather specific, always showing numerous planets along with a star before arranging them in a cross to be fired.

This level of power would be consistent with his backstory, in which Ten Legendary Warriors (including the ancestors of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon) were required to defeat him and eight of them perished despite having reached the pinnacle of power in the Digital World at the time. In fact, AncientGreymon is specifically stated to surpass other Megas of its kind, implying that it was at least Planet Level at its peak when its descendent, WarGreymon is taken into account (this would also bump up KaiserGreymon to Planet Level+ for surpassing him).

Well, the syzygy seems unquantifiable, but power-scaling him from being more powerful than WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon might be acceptable, if their ancestors were equal to them in strength.

So is it okay to bump his base form to Multi-Planet Level and his Falldown Mode to Small Star Level?

I don't know. WarGreyMon is only listed as Planet level+ here in this wiki. "Likely Large Planet level" might be acceptable, but, how did you scale his falldown mode?

Well, Falldown Mode is considerably more powerful than his Rookie (Base) form and is one of the Seven Great Demon Lords, which are a group of seven extremely powerful Digimon who each represent one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Lucemon is the leader of said group and the most powerful member who is able to subvert the natural process of life, death, and reincarnation.

What's more important is the fact that it is on par with (though is likely superior to) Barbamon, who is able to unleash all of the energies of the Dark Area in a massive, high-temperature burst with his Pandaemonium Lost attack.

The Dark Area is a spacial distortion the same size if not even larger than the Digital World and contains the data of every deleted file and Digimon in the history of the Digital World before their reincarnation. Based on the Multi-Layered Universe/Pocket Dimension diagram of the Digital World displayed by Driger-God in that atrociously long thread about Susanoomon, this is no mean feat.

He is also the progenitor of the powers of the three Celestial Digimon, Seraphimon, Ophanimon, and Cherubimon, thet latter of which is considered to be a potentially Universal Threat according to the data book (the balance of the entire Digital World collapses when he appears). Each of them hold a mere fraction of Lucemon's power as Lucemon's former powers and duties were distributed to them after the latters' defeat.

Though for some odd reason there are two profiles for Cherubimon, one detailing his appearance in Frontier and the other his Databook stats. Should they be compiled?

Well, if lesser beings are universal, why do you think that Lucemon falldown mode is only small srar level?

Also, yes the Cherubimon profiles should probably be merged. If you first do so, I can delete the one you tell me to afterwards.

I've been talking to the Aznable about the Dark Area, and according to their research on the original version of Digimon World: Data Squad, Savers: Another Missio, Thoma explains that the Dark Area is a malleable region may be greater than Digital World depending on the situation can absorb entire worlds, Lucemon apply it in the end putting both Real World and Digital World in the Dark Area.

About Cherubimon his appearance in the Frontier is corresponding to the same character mentioned in Digimon Reference Book, one of the Three Great Angels, however what appears in Digimon Hurricane Touchdown! / Supreme Evolution! The Golden Digimentals is totally different member of the TGA and should be analyzed alone.

I was lowballing because... well, I was honestly scared. A lot of my edits have been rolled back for seeming rather radical in the past. I get nervous when I'm turned down... Sorry for being confusing.

Rookie form should be in the Large Planet/Dwarf Star Level range at the minimum for the Grand Cross Feat, and Falldown Mode is able to replicate it just as casually.

For the Dark Area feat Falldown Mode should be pretty high up there. I also noticed that Megidramon was placed at Low 2-C for threatening the multiple layers of the Digital World with his presence alone and for fighting off Beelzemon (though his profile has since become blank for some reason).

That would also put Shadowlord mode at a slightly higher rank due to its ability to suck up space (to the point that there was nothing but blank white afterward when there are stars clearly seen in the background) with ease.

Well, Low 2-C should ideally only be used for universal spacetime level power manifestations, but lots of people apply it where it shouldn't be used.

If you know that a character can affect an entire timeline, or create a 4-Dimensional Universal continuum, then it is Low 2-C.

So by the looks of things Lucemon's stats will end up as:

Rookie: Large Planet Level

Falldown: P'ossibly Universe Level'

Shadowlord/Larva: 'Universe Level'

Yes, that seems correct, only isn't it Universe+? not just universe for being Low 2-C?

The thing is, I'm not sure if Lucemon subverts time in the process. Sure he's absorbing all of the data in the Digital World, but does that Data also pertain to time? Or is it just space?

@SS Well, only if the character qualifies for Low 2-C. I don't know enough about Digimon to say either way.

Since we're kind of on the fence about this, I'm going to play it safe and leave it at 3-A.

All right. Feel free to check through the other 2-C Digimon profiles and adjust them downwards if necessary.

Reppuzan said:
The thing is, I'm not sure if Lucemon subverts time in the process. Sure he's absorbing all of the data in the Digital World, but does that Data also pertain to time? Or is it just space?
Time is defined in Digimon for processing the data (This applies to both the Digital World and in the Real World, but goes faster in the Digital World because it is superior in size and structurally against the Real World), ie is the data that time is measured in Digimon. http://i.imgur.com/XMtpSqL.jpg?1, http://i.imgur.com/q1g8y7b.jpg?1

I would also like to talk about to add one more thing on the Powers and Abilities section apparently Lucemon is immortal according to its concept, it is the sin of pride and while there is any other that he will be alive because of sin, when the Lucemon (SGDL) is defeated in one place once it takes up a new body elsewhere, and this is repeated as long as there sins in people's hearts and Digimon, that goes for all the Seven Great Demons Lords and explains that all SGDL presented the franchise are always the same., Aznable explained to me that after playing Cyber Sleuth.

That's... actually pretty significant.

If time is based on the speed at which data is processed then time is within the data, therefore making the destruction of the Digital World a Low to Mid 2-C feat due to the numerous layers of it.

I'll also be sure to add that last bit too. Apparently the SGDL reforrn themselves from the data of their victims and can also reborn if their code keys are applied to humans who embody their sin. IT won't be of much use in a fight, but it's worth noting.

One last thing, I finished compiling the data from the "Cherubimon" profile into the "Cherubimon Virus" profile. Would you mind deleting the "Cherubimon" profile and renaming the "Cherubimon Virus" profile to plain Cherubimon to streamlien things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back