• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucci CRT Part 2: Toxic Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMonkeMan

He/Him
Well I figured I had to try this sometime, if I'm dissatisfied with something then I should be responsible enough to try and make a change if within my 'power'.
I'll try to be concise and civil with most of these and will tackle these feats one by one:
1: "He clashed with G5 Luffy, thus he is H6A."
Now this would be right in some cases, I won't lie. But the way it was portrayed, how Lucci performed outside of this clash, and people's "justifications" for it don't really sit right with me and here's why.
It feels like favoritism to make one character H6A for a clash, while other people do the same and it's called an "inconsistency", meanwhile Lucci is seen not even being able to hit Luffy outside the clash and needing Armament for a rock. So the most likely scenario is that Oda just didn't care about the logic behind it there, he wanted to make a nostalgic callback clash and thus he did it, we've seen this with other characters and it's clearly not a rare or unlikely thing. I'll cover more of this in the next point.
2: "G5 Luffy is always H6A no matter which attack he uses" This is not quite the way people word it but the gist of it is that " If he uses the form, his feats will be H6A. " but this is likely false.
Thing is, we do have things such as the Five Elders saying something like " Awakening makes him far stronger than he was before ", but this is not much of a valid narrative as; One: The Five Elders do not know what Luffy is packing as they presumably have never had his power and we can't assume someone has used it exactly like him down to techniques like Gear 4.
Two: Luffy knocked Lucci away/out via simply manipulating the ground and turning it to rubber to strike his side and make him cough blood, and easily knocks him out by just stretching his fist and clocking him in the stomach. Not only have we never seen Luffy do this type of attack before ( closest he's come to the first one is stretching the ground to block a Bolo Breath but that's a heat based attack ), we also have no reason to think it's above even certain base attacks, seeing as Luffy just kicking Kaidou with Advanced Haki made him cough blood, while G5 Luffy, even after amping his muscles, slammed Kaidou and only a drop of blood came out.
It seems reasonable to say that certain G4 attacks > certain G5 attacks.
3: "Lucci is equal to him in Speed and Lifting Strength."
Ah... This one. This one was funny. Y'see, the argument here is that since Luffy seemingly put a ton of effort into lifting Bajrang Gun ( which is about the size of Onigashima if not somewhat bigger ), he is Class P ( I agree with this part, but what follows it is quite weird ). Since he's Class P, him struggling to overpower Lucci in a clash and them being sent back makes Lucci scale to his LS as well.
This is very likely false though, as we do not actually have proof that Luffy was trying against Lucci like he was with his gigantic fist. In fact through out the fight we don't even see Luffy use Advanced Haki or buff his muscles like he did against Kaidou, so there's no reason to believe he's trying that hard against Lucci anyway.
I kind of covered the speed, and since I'm busy I'll just keep this one short for now and come back later to clean up this post, but Lucci used a speed amp and Sentomaru ( who doesn't seem to have Future Sight or any indications of it during the panel of them clashing, unlike Luffy ) could still predict him multiple times even when he was down from Lucci's "Hand Gun". He also never even landed a hit on Luffy and couldn't properly react to most of his moves even when he clearly saw him preparing an attack. I'll give scans of these events later, I have to get my eye checked as it's swelled right now.

Please, don't turn this thread into a hell hole while I'm gone for a few hours, I hate doing this as much as y'all, if not more.

-Make a thread going into precise detail explaining why Lucci isn't H6A
-Provide scans for every thing I say and try to get my point across without any unnecessary filler or jabs at people
-someone joins the thread
" uh you posted the same thing as earlier!! "
-leaves
Am I on the OnePiecePowerscaling subreddit..?

He's at the very least comparable to Gurenika in base, who's H6A
Therefore he's H6A REGARDLESS of the Gear 5+Buso clash

He dodged a bite and reacted to the rock-machine gun from Luffy
therefore he scales in speed

He clashed with G5 and even sent Luffy flying back with seemingly even force
Therefore he scales in the lifting department

We rinsing and repeating the same points that were already debunked.
Disagree.

Y'see, the argument here is that since Luffy seemingly put a ton of effort into lifting Bajrang Gun
Also what ton of effort? He literally had zero strain lifting it, he was busy blowing on his other hand and even holding Kaido still for 2 chapters while the bajrang gun was suspended there. The only visible effort was during the clash with kaido, which was two even forces colliding/trying to overpower each other

Also what ton of effort? He literally had zero strain lifting it, he was busy blowing on his other hand and even holding Kaido still for 2 chapters while the bajrang gun was suspended there. The only visible effort was during the clash with kaido, which was two even forces colliding/trying to overpower each other
This wouldn't mean he applied that much force towards Lucci

He clashed with G5 and even sent Luffy flying back with seemingly even force
Therefore he scales in the lifting department

We rinsing and repeating the same points that were already debunked.
Disagree.
This is why I hate this side of the site. Y'all just blatantly ignore my points and just say the same thing that I already addressed in the OP. It's incredibly disrespectful and pathetic. I'm done with this shit man.

This wouldn't mean he applied that much force towards Lucci
That is the BASE FORCE OF GEAR 5.
Bajrang Gun outside of compression with the haki is ENTIRELY within Gear 5's base body morphing which doesn't hinder Luffy one bit. We've SEEN it not hinder him.
This is why I hate this side of the site. Y'all just blatantly ignore my points and just say the same thing that I already addressed in the OP. It's incredibly disrespectful and pathetic. I'm done with this shit man.
Because those things were already addressed. Nothing you addressed actually changes anything, it's just a repeat of what you said before.

It feels like favoritism to make one character H6A for a clash, while other people do the same and it's called an "inconsistency"
Mihawk was aiming for Luffy and got interrupted. It's not a clash. Mihawk was trying to strike at a running away Luffy and got his attack pushed aside/slowed, while Mihawk ACTIVELY CLASHED WITH VISTA willingly and that's why VIsta scales instead. The latter case is the Luffy/Lucci case here.
Not hitting him =/= not being able to clash with him.
"Armament haki for a rock" sounds like you're bordering on saying "he's rock level" and it's ass up from there. It's a rock spat at him from Gear 5 Luffy. It's the same logic as Kaido needing to dodge a "simple lightning bolt" thrown by gear 5. A regular bolt of lightning likely has thousands of times less AP by that logic. It's the SENDER that makes it stronger, not it being a "rock".
2: "G5 Luffy is always H6A no matter which attack he uses" This is not quite the way people word it but the gist of it is that " If he uses the form, his feats will be H6A. " but this is likely false.
Thing is, we do have things such as the Five Elders saying something like " Awakening makes him far stronger than he was before ", but this is not much of a valid narrative as; One: The Five Elders do not know what Luffy is packing as they presumably have never had his power and we can't assume someone has used it exactly like him down to techniques like Gear 4.
Except we see him slam Kaido around and draw blood without using conqueror's coating or visible armament. Base Gear 5 scales with regular strikes/force.
Unless you wanna argue Gear 5 is below Drake, Izou, Maha, Guernica, Kazenbo, Apoo, Queen, Sanji, and every scabbard, then it's STILL H6A, and Lucci STILL scales even if you lowball it to the ABSOLUTE LOWEST of the scaling chain of the H6A tiers.
Two: Luffy knocked Lucci away/out via simply manipulating the ground and turning it to rubber to strike his side and make him cough blood, and easily knocks him out by just stretching his fist and clocking him in the stomach.
Luffy manipulating the environment could blast back Boro Breath, which scales to Zoan Kaido and Oden's dura, both of which are H6A.
Lucci took the hit and survived and immediately attacked Sentomaru. Whether he was knocked away or not changes literally nothing. Gear 5 made Kaido cough blood by just slamming his body around.
3: "Lucci is equal to him in Speed and Lifting Strength."
Ah... This one. This one was funny. Y'see, the argument here is that since Luffy seemingly put a ton of effort into lifting Bajrang Gun ( which is about the size of Onigashima if not somewhat bigger ), he is Class P ( I agree with this part, but what follows it is quite weird ). Since he's Class P, him struggling to overpower Lucci in a clash and them being sent back makes Lucci scale to his LS as well.
There's no "ton of effort" in lifting Bajrang Gun. Luffy had it suspended while screaming at Momo to move the island, even had to let go of Kaido and stay floating in the air while blowing at his burned hand and Bajrang Gun didn't weigh him down one bit. Again, Bajrang Gun is literally just Gear 5's body morphing and "everything he could do before" but without physical drawbacks. Hell even he said so.
Lucci clashing with him and managing to take the weight of Luffy throwing himself at him makes him scale.
I kind of covered the speed, and since I'm busy I'll just keep this one short for now and come back later to clean up this post, but Lucci used a speed amp and Sentomaru ( who doesn't seem to have Future Sight or any indications of it during the panel of them clashing, unlike Luffy ) could still predict him multiple times even when he was down from Lucci's "Hand Gun". He also never even landed a hit on Luffy and couldn't properly react to most of his moves even when he clearly saw him preparing an attack. I'll give scans of these events later, I have to get my eye checked as it's swelled right now.
He dodged a bite from him, that's enough for him to scale in both perception and combat speed.
And why is FTL Lucci an issue at all anyway? He's again, still superior to or comparable at least to Guernica and Maha, both of which scale to that. He scales regardless in the speed department.

Unfortunately, there is nothing actually connecting his base to Guernica.

HOWEVER, his base is definitely superior to Base Kaku, who matched Nitoryu Zoro with a kick, and Nitoryu Post-Mink Zoro without Haki blocked a wind danmaku attack from King that cut Zoan Queen's thick hide, so even though Nitoryu no-Haki Zoro was eventully sent flying by it, it still puts his Nitoryu no-Haki AP on a level comparable with Zoan Queen's durability.

So yeah, still High 6-A.
Not to mention him deflecting the rocks could be supporting for AP but whatever.

Mihawk was aiming for Luffy and got interrupted. It's not a clash. Mihawk was trying to strike at a running away Luffy and got his attack pushed aside/slowed, while Mihawk ACTIVELY CLASHED WITH VISTA willingly and that's why VIsta scales instead. The latter case is the Luffy/Lucci case here.
Mihawk should have seen that coming since he's supposedly really good with Observation
But that wouldn't be the first inconsistency in Marineford.
That is the BASE FORCE OF GEAR 5.
Bajrang Gun outside of compression with the haki is ENTIRELY within Gear 5's base body morphing which doesn't hinder Luffy one bit. We've SEEN it not hinder him.
It's an island sized fist how is it within the "base" body morphing?
This is stupid.
Y'all are basically saying that he's punching an overgrown cat with the same force that he used to lift what is basically a rubber island.
Not hitting him =/= not being able to clash with him.
"Armament haki for a rock" sounds like you're bordering on saying "he's rock level" and it's ass up from there. It's a rock spat at him from Gear 5 Luffy. It's the same logic as Kaido needing to dodge a "simple lightning bolt" thrown by gear 5. A regular bolt of lightning likely has thousands of times less AP by that logic. It's the SENDER that makes it stronger, not it being a "rock".
Pretty sure if he can't hit him he probably wouldn't clash with Luffy as long as Luffy is consistent with his speed.
We don't see Luffy manipulate the rocks are anything. He simply chews up ground and spits it at him. Pretty simple.
And a lightning bolt isn't AP- it's a form of Light Manip iirc.
Luffy manipulating the environment could blast back Boro Breath, which scales to Zoan Kaido and Oden's dura, both of which are H6A.
Lucci took the hit and survived and immediately attacked Sentomaru. Whether he was knocked away or not changes literally nothing. Gear 5 made Kaido cough blood by just slamming his body around.
What? Boro Breath isn't AP. Why the hell are you saying that a beam is AP? That's Fire Manip. And Oden and Zoan Kaidou tanked it, so they have a high resistance to fire.
There's no "ton of effort" in lifting Bajrang Gun. Luffy had it suspended while screaming at Momo to move the island, even had to let go of Kaido and stay floating in the air while blowing at his burned hand and Bajrang Gun didn't weigh him down one bit. Again, Bajrang Gun is literally just Gear 5's body morphing and "everything he could do before" but without physical drawbacks. Hell even he said so.
Lucci clashing with him and managing to take the weight of Luffy throwing himself at him makes him scale.
I just don't get it.
Why on earth would he use Class P Lifting Strength against Lucci?
It doesn't make sense or align with the overall tone of the fight, through out the entire battle Luffy was holding back tremendously. As I said before, if he's not even using Advanced Haki or any stat amps ( besides G5 ), why would he magically bust out Class P LS?
When ever he wants to overpower someone and throw them around in G5, he simply bulks his muscles and grabs/socks em.
He dodged a bite from him, that's enough for him to scale in both perception and combat speed.
And why is FTL Lucci an issue at all anyway? He's again, still superior to or comparable at least to Guernica and Maha, both of which scale to that. He scales regardless in the speed department.
It's a gigantic head looking at him preparing an attack. Wow. Seems REALLY hard to perceive and counter.
And that's an outlier anyway, as we've seen Luffy attack him before and he speed blitzed him every time.
"He's still superior to Guernica and Maha" Says who? For all we know Guernica is supposedly above him for taking an attack from Kaidou that should scale considerably above the ones Luffy used and surviving the attack long enough to take pictures of G5 Luffy and send them to people.
Unfortunately, there is nothing actually connecting his base to Guernica.

HOWEVER, his base is definitely superior to Base Kaku, who matched Nitoryu Zoro with a kick, and Nitoryu Post-Mink Zoro without Haki blocked a wind danmaku attack from King that cut Zoan Queen's thick hide, so even though Nitoryu no-Haki Zoro was eventully sent flying by it, it still puts his Nitoryu no-Haki AP on a level comparable with Zoan Queen's durability.

So yeah, still High 6-A.

Not to mention him deflecting the rocks could be supporting for AP but whatever.
Bruh, what? Zoro wasn't even trying there lol. I know you can also argue Kaku wasn't trying either and I don't disagree, but the dude literally pulled a Whitebeard "vs" Ace on him by blocking his attack and countering him out of his sleep.
I don't care if Kaku is eventually H6A ( which is unlikely considering who he's up against but we can pray for him and Stussy to at least survive ) but this seems like a pretty weird way to try and force that.
Deflecting rocks isn't H6A lmao.
In this case we're gonna have a ton of work to do because a lot of characters have destroyed rocks before that and aren't H6A because of that.

Why the hell are you saying that a beam is AP?
I dont like how everyone and their mother is H6A either, but what the **** were you cooking with this question?

ccc2ca935f6c1a7f3c72a5f7c9ccfd67.gif

Or put a hole through said Onigashima while at it
We gon' pretend it doesn't explode either. Definitely just fire manip and not an AP blast
Or knock back Kozuki Oden, who was stronger than his younger self who matched Primebeard.

Or scorch Gear 5's entire body.

Last edited:
Here's the thing. I hate that Lucci has the 2nd Highest LS in the Verse right now. And I'm sure a GT Thread will eventually happen going over how Yonkos and Admirals scale to each other so they can share the LS Feat of Luffy. (Someone else hopefully makes the thread I'm too lazy)

But this isn't really a solid argument for a lower rating.

H6A is such a huge tier and the Shiki Calc put Top Tiers so high into it that even if Lucci was 1% of Luffy's strength he

would still be H6A.

actually if IIRC One Piece is in the Exatons so even if Lucci was .01% of Luffy's strength he'd still be H6A.

And nothing in Luffy and Lucci's brief fight suggested a thousands of times difference in power.

Believe me I get it. It's weird but if anything blame Multi Continental for being so ****** big

Here's the thing. I hate that Lucci has the 2nd Highest LS in the Verse right now. And I'm sure a GT Thread will eventually happen going over how Yonkos and Admirals scale to each other so they can share the LS Feat of Luffy. (Someone else hopefully makes the thread I'm too lazy)
Kaido too I believe. Both with his regular zoan flames/sustenance and Kaen Daiko slamming into/stopping Bajrang Gun swinging down

I love how nobody tried to really disprove me, they just said " Well yeah but technically that can be a form of AP as well " and give examples of it literally vaporizing something and tried to pass it off as AP and not heat.
Thing is, we see them actively putting their own force behind these attacks. Sort of similar to Blackbeard pulling people in with Kurouzu using his hand and then holding their neck.
Meanwhile Kaidou just shoots a projectile from his mouth.

give examples of it literally vaporizing something and tried to pass it off as AP and not heat
MonkeMan i have a question, have you ever taken a physics class or do you have a basic understanding of physics?

If so you'd understand why this statement is beyond goofy. Heat quite literally is a form of energy, and energy is AP.

Attack Potency is the amount of energy (joules) one can produce, since heat is a form of energy it can scaled towards one's AP, this is why fire-based characters have their AP scaled to the AP of their own fire.

Uniformed statements like this are why people laugh and disregard your opinions Monke.

MonkeMan i have a question, have you ever taken a physics class or do you have a basic understanding of physics?

If so you'd understand why this statement is beyond goofy. Heat quite literally is a form of energy, and energy is AP.

Attack Potency is the amount of energy (joules) one can produce, since heat is a form of energy it can scaled towards one's AP, this is why fire-based characters have their AP scaled to the AP of their own fire.

Uniformed statements like this are why people laugh and disregard your opinions Monke.
And why is it H6A then?
Like okay, let's say it's a form of AP, sure.
We still see most characters (besides Aramaki for obvious reasons) tank it and counter.
But eh, it's not really worth it to die on this hill, since even if we removed the Bolo Breath scaling Kaidou and others have a thousand other feats solidifying their spot in that tier.

And someone being unable to spell certain words and trying to diss me for having "basic knowledge" is wild, so take a chill pill.

Okay seriously.
Lucci isn't H6A or FTL. Below the scabbards, below APOO, below the masked agents Robin specifically grouped together as being built different from other CP agents. WHERE should he be? Because you're saying his best feats are "breaking some rocks" and "Barely dodging a stationary head" so are we tapping in on 9B below average human Awakened Lucci or what?

Okay seriously.
Lucci isn't H6A or FTL. Below the scabbards, below APOO, below the masked agents Robin specifically grouped together as being built different from other CP agents. WHERE should he be? Because you're saying his best feats are "breaking some rocks" and "Barely dodging a stationary head" so are we tapping in on 9B below average human Awakened Lucci or what?
6-A 🥱

And someone being unable to spell certain words and trying to diss me for having "basic knowledge" is wild, so take a chill pill.
Minor spelling mistakes = having zero knowledge about physics in Monke's world, makes sense.

Just like KT said, the fact you believe me accidentally misspelling uninformed is comparable to you believing heat isn't a form of energy is laughable. Also i am chill, just because i'm being direct with you doesn't mean i'm not chill.

Stop making blatantly false physics statements, and i won't be this direct with you, simple.

Why does this really matter, though? G5 is objectively > G4, 3 and 2 in all capacities, and thusly even a normal Hakai amped strike would scale to High 6-A like all Luffy's forms (with or without emission) are in this key.

All it says is that he matched an attack on the profile. He'd still scale to High 6-A anyway, and nothing on the profile even has to change.

Ngl, this thread is just pointless unless Luffy's other forms get downgraded.
Two: Luffy knocked Lucci away/out via simply manipulating the ground and turning it to rubber to strike his side and make him cough blood, and easily knocks him out by just stretching his fist and clocking him in the stomach. Not only have we never seen Luffy do this type of attack before ( closest he's come to the first one is stretching the ground to block a Bolo Breath but that's a heat based attack ), we also have no reason to think it's above even certain base attacks, seeing as Luffy just kicking Kaidou with Advanced Haki made him cough blood, while G5 Luffy, even after amping his muscles, slammed Kaidou and only a drop of blood came out.
It seems reasonable to say that certain G4 attacks > certain G5 attacks.
I feel this is cherry picking, because he also harmed Hybrid Kaido (whose base and normal Hakai is High 6-A) with relatively similar elastic attacks while both of them weren't even using Hakai. It's also not as if an attack like this is >>>> his normal punches.

Plus, Lucci withstood almost that exact same attack as what he hit Hybrid Kaido with.

Last edited:
"Toxic Boogaloo" bc the mans dislikes a character being at a tier that he can still be in even at 1% comparability
Because I knew it'd turn into a waste dump once I came back.
And it's not even that I dislike the character him self, Lucci is fine. It's the people who wank him to oblivion that really piss me off.
I feel like they can't even read sometimes, no offense.
Okay seriously.
I don't know where he should be, this is the entire point of the post. Y'all instantly made him H6A for miniscule stuff, I'm just saying that you should at least wait until the arc is over to do all that, it shouldn't take long and the arc doesn't seem like it'll be a long one either.

Why does this really matter, though? G5 is objectively G4 in all capacities, and thusly even a normal Hakai amped strike would scale to High 6-A like all Luffy's forms (with or without emission) are in this key.

All it says is that he matched an attack on the profile. He'd still scale to High 6-A anyway, and nothing on the profile even has to change.

Ngl, this thread is just pointless unless Luffy's other forms get downgraded.

I feel this is cherry picking, because he also harmed Hybrid Kaido (whose base and normal Hakai is High 6-A) with relatively similar elastic attacks while both of them weren't even using Hakai.

Plus, Lucci withstood that exact same attack as what he hit Hybrid Kaido with.
Pretty sure Kaidou noted that at least most of his attacks were coated in Advanced Haki in conjunction with G5 on the rooftop.
That's either an inconsistency, or Luffy just decided to rely on his fruit powers more for that attack.
Also, Kaidou presumably got his brain rattled by that attack, and was struck multiple times in his body.
Lucci got hit by just one fist to the stomach and he was out like a light.
Don't ever compare Lucci to Kaidou, dude got thrashed by G5.

Minor spelling mistakes = having zero knowledge about physics in Monke's world, makes sense.

Just like KT said, the fact you believe me accidentally misspelling uninformed is comparable to you believing heat isn't a form of energy is laughable. Also i am chill, just because i'm being direct with you doesn't mean i'm not chill.

Stop making blatantly false physics statements, and i won't be this direct with you, simple.
When the hell did I say heat wasn't a form of energy?
I said it shouldn't be an AP justification.
We barely see it hurt most people like that, anyway.

When the hell did I say heat wasn't a form of energy?
give examples of it literally vaporizing something and tried to pass it off as AP and not heat
You literally made the distinction between AP and Heat because you believed heat can't be scaled towards one's AP because it's just "heat", which is just Fire Manipulation.

This doesn't make any sense because heat is energy, and energy is AP. You're either pivoting your position on this issue right now or previously, you didn't understand that heat was a form of energy, and can be scaled to one's AP.

It doesn't matter which is true because you still made that claim at the end of the day. Just because you didn't directly say "i believe heat isn't a form of energy" doesn't mean you didn't claim it wasn't, there's such things as entailments to one's claims Monke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back