• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lower Tier Straw Hats should have Hypersonic+ reactions.

Hear me out on this one. Ussop and Nami were capable of percieving the movements of Baby 5 and Buffalo to tag them with their attacks. Not only that but in pre-time skip, Nami was capable of fighting and defeating Kalifa, as well as percieving and dodging her attacks, even if she wasn't as capable a fighter or on par with her. That should give her hypersonic reflexes right there, as well as Ussop who is known for being capable of sniping from several miles away from his targets, even if they are quite fast.

I suppose that this might make sense, but I would prefer to get input from more people.

It can be Hypersonic as well. But they did three years of training to go into the New World, and have already shown the reactions enough to at least take care of lesser foes like Kalifa. So if Nami needs to be scaled to Kalifa, Ussop considering he's a sniper should be capable of doing so too, this is a woman who had the capacity to dodge a lightning bolt.

However, do not forget that both Ussop and Nami also hit Dashun, who could also dodge lightning in mid-air, she even directed the lightning to capture him with her own gestures. That is why I'm saying that they should be Hypersonic+.

All right. This sounds reasonable. You can change the profiles if you wish to.

High Hypersonic is too much. Hypersonic+ reactions for them is just right.

Feats = Here . And Here . And Here . And There . And Over There . And Under Where .

Nami catches a fast moving target with a lightning bolt.

Ussop tags Caesar with seastone cuffs.

Hypersonic+ reactions sounds fine, although I personally never really understood the complete separation of speed and reflexes, unless it is an energy manipulator who is indeoendent of physical movement? If the body cannot move swift enough, it doesn't matter if the reflexes are quick.

The same reasons you had a problem with the flight speed versus the reaction speed, right?

Well, if the fiction in question ignores that time technically slows down to an eternal moment as a body approaches lightspeed, flight speed should logically require a comparatively swifter perception of reality to keep up and mavouevre close to stellar objects, but at the same time, my experience with fiction is that they generally keep movement speed and flight speed separate.

For example, Thor is listed at unspecified FTL flight speed, but mildly superhuman movement speed in the official handbooks.

In addition, if we pursue this angle, then the flight through outer space over galactic distances should subjectively be perceived as billions of years long, even if it only takes seconds, and thus drive the characters in question completely catatonic.

Antvasima said:
Well, if the fiction in question ignores that time technically slows down to an eternal moment as a body approaches lightspeed, flight speed should logically require a comparatively swifter perception of reality to keep up a mavouevre close to stellar objects, but at the same time, my experience with fiction is that they generally keep movement speed and flight speed separate.
For example, Thor is listed at unspecified FTL flight speed, but mildly superhuman movement speed in the official handbooks.

In addition, if we pursue this angle, then the flight through outer space over galactic distances should subjectively be perceived as billions of years long, even if it only takes seconds, and thus drive the characters in question completely catatonic.
I mean, I understand but... Yeah. Reflexes are the ability to move in short bursts. Hypersonic + means they can actually move in long bursts for that much time. Thus, Nami using the smallest movements to capture her targets, or being capable of seeing attacks and reacting to them, just so long as they aren't of an extremely large scale, is something I think is the difference. So yeah, you can move in shorter bursts, but you can't keep pace with the truly capable.

All right. It is basically just about not being able to run at those speeds then?

Right, Super Reflexes don't mean Super Speed, and vice versa. Though they do require one another to be effective.

Well, feel free to upgrade their reflexes then.

Already done, go check if ya wish. Also made a few changes since no one seems to care about their profiles that much for the upkeep.

Well, I have an awful lot to do just trying to keep track of the daily edits. I don't have time for much else.

Antvasima said:
Well, I have an awful lot to do just trying to keep track of the daily edits. I don't have time for much else.
You don't gotta do everything, Ant. I keep telling you that. What's a community if it doesn't help out?

Well, I appointed Azathoth to a Moderator. If he does a good enough job, he will probably be promoted.

Antvasima said:
Well, I appointed Azathoth to a Moderator. If he does a good enough job, he will probably be promoted.
I appreciate that very much, and am happy to help out, regardless. Currently I've just been clicking through random profiles to find any of low quality or in need of some formatting fixes, which I hope will be of some help.

Well, I obviously appreciate help from the community. In addition, the admins and moderators are supposed to moderate discussions and keep track of that bad edits are not made.

Back