• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God Of High School - Fixing up the profiles part whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's just an apeal to ignorance…
You know what? Do whatever. I lost interest in this conversation.

What's with the attitude?
I personally think I am reasonably upset. It just seems clearer to me that y'alls mindsets on this site is that a good profile is a strong/haxxed profile (it's not).

Why are you fixated on adding a mirror which Mira never used and was never even implied to even have, the argument for having it just being a reach?

Let's say you're adding it to her profile. Then what?

"Hey guys, Mira has this cool mirror on her profile that she never uses and was never even implied to have it, but I still got it through a reach. It's useless on her profile since, again, she's never shown to even have it, but it gives her extra abilities to flex on her profile, isn't that so cool!!!"

I begin to understand why azontr doesn't want to interact with goh vsbw anymore.

I personally think I am reasonably upset. It just seems clearer to me that y'alls mindsets on this site is that a good profile is a strong/haxxed profile (it's not).
That's just not true 💀.
Why are you fixated on adding a mirror which Mira never used and was never even implied to even have, the argument for having it just being a reach?
Because… she should have it based on what's shown? Again this just circles back to the start for no reason.

"Hey guys, Mira has this cool mirror on her profile that she never uses and was never even implied to have it, but I still got it through a reach. It's useless on her profile since, again, she's never shown to even have it, but it gives her extra abilities to flex on her profile, isn't that so cool!!!"
More like "look Mira has this ability she should have as she absorbed the abilities of someone else who had it". Abilities aren't given based on what the characters are shown using but based on what the character should have.
Yhwach doesn't use 90% of his abilities but we know he has them as he absorbed them back so he got them on his profile.
Hagoromo literally never used a single combat related ability on screen but has a novel worth of abilities because we know he should have them.

You're calling it a reach but that's honestly just personal interpretation. I really don't see it being a reach. There's no objective way to confirm or decline the mirror but I understand that not everyone might be convinced by her having it, which is why I settled on "possibly"
I begin to understand why azontr doesn't want to interact with goh vsbw anymore.
Are you implying it's because of me? 💀
Because before I got here and started doing GoH CRTs there has barely been anyone doing anything about GoH profiles besides calling them ass in vs threads…

Okay. It is as what you say it is. I'm not interested in entertaining this any longer.

To sum everything up, my main arguments were that:
  • Mira was never shown or even implied to own Kaleidoscope.
  • Kaleidoscope instantly went back to Mujin after Rabbit was killed.
  • Tam's absorption was never proven to affect weapons.

Your arguments were that R could get multiple borrowed powers and that Samuel could summon Hercules' Bow through power lenderization.

Do whatever, at this point.

Last edited:
I agree with everything except for Mira having the Kaleidoscope. Mainly because she has never shown to nor implied to have it. But if the majority agree with it, then I am fine with it. Not that my opinions matter anyway.

These layers were accepted in layer evaluation thread right?
No, I'm making this thread to accept them amongst other things. From what I've been told you don't need to use the layer evaluation thread if the layers get accepted in an individual thread.

Maybe not "officially" but I do try to get as much feedback as possible so it does kinda matter to me. It's why I note non staff agreements in the OP
If you are interested I would like to pose some suggestions. I will post them on the GOH general discussion thread.

No, I'm making this thread to accept them amongst other things. From what I've been told you don't need to use the layer evaluation thread if the layers get accepted in an individual thread.
Idk who told you that but you do need the layers evaluation thread or individual thread with layer expert mods to

Idk who told you that but you do need the layers evaluation thread
Where is that stated in the wiki? I made multiple CRTs that involved layered hax and so far not one staff member did say that it being accepted in a CRT post the creation of the thread is not enough.

I don’t really understand why would staff approval on a CRT not be enough.
individual thread with layer expert mods to
Well this is a thread and if the mods didn't feel like they're capable of approving the changes then I'm sure they would say so.

Where is that stated in the wiki? I made multiple CRTs that involved layered hax and so far not one staff member did say that it being accepted in a CRT post the creation of the thread is not enough.

I don’t really understand why would staff approval on a CRT not be enough.

Well this is a thread and if the mods didn't feel like they're capable of approving the changes then I'm sure they would say so.
Ah so you've been making threads without it getting evaluated, lol, alright so non are justified then
If you want your layers accepted with just go to the layer evaluation thread, everything runs with a system here do you make threads for a request to close thread?, that's done in the all purpose evaluation thread, so is the layers
Should be like this
If your layers are many which they are

Ah so you've been making threads without it getting evaluated, lol, alright so non are justified then
Is there a rule anywhere in the wiki that says I can't just have individual layers accepted im CRTs?
Making a blog post every time I remember some layers will be such a pain in the ass. Especially given how long it takes for blogs to be accepted.

Is there a rule anywhere in the wiki that says I can't just have individual layers accepted im CRTs?
Making a blog post every time I remember some layers will be such a pain in the ass. Especially given how long it takes for blogs to be accepted.
There is a rule yeah making blogs post all the time?
You could just make a single blog post with all the layers
Its only one thread mod that needs to accept it , it takes no time at all

There is a rule
Could you like, show me where please? I must have completely missed it.
yeah making blogs post all the time?
You could just make a single blog post with all the layers
Its only one thread mod that needs to accept it , it takes no time at all
See, since GoH has so little fans a ton of hax are either overlooked or forgotten. Meaning most of hax layers I implement are ones that I randomly noticed are missing. So I'll probably end up having to make 20 blog posts because I remembered 20 different hax 💀

Could you like, show me where please? I must have completely missed it.

See, since GoH has so little fans a ton of hax are either overlooked or forgotten. Meaning most of hax layers I implement are ones that I randomly noticed are missing. So I'll probably end up having to make 20 blog posts because I remembered 20 different hax 💀
Then add em to the blog post
I showed you example of how i did mine

You know what? Do whatever. I lost interest in this conversation.

Bro what? He was all polite to you and you're trying to channel your UNREASONABLE anger on him. It'd not that deep. You and him both agreed yall shouldn't have this conversation but u still went along with it for some reason. It's just a fictional character having, or not having something insignificant. We were never fixated on it, u just turned this into demonization on us for no reason whatsoever.

The reason azontr doesn't interract with the site/forum is not bc of David, it was bc the site became kind of unreasonable and random with their new rules, aswell as him being busy, u can ask him urself rather than jumping into wrong conclusions abt someone due to ur anger of someone just having fun and experiencing with the character profiles 😭. Honestly it's funny to me, David's been doing nothing but hard work on all the profiles in his spare time, the reason he left is not bc of him and u demonizing him over a profile that has no significance, even if it was accepted, is pretty hilarious.

Damn, I guess it's just that sometimes ppl are afraid to be wrong, huh? There's no need to have that kind of attitude over something so insignificant, I bet u have better things to be upset abt.

Uhmmm

Anyway, I asked some staff if it's necessary to use the Layer evaluation thread so I'll post what's up with that if they reply.
For now let's try to focus on finishing up the rest of the thread since there's a lot more to it that needs to get accepted

u can ask him urself rather than jumping into wrong conclusions abt someone
Except I actually often talk with azontr cause he's my friend LMAO. Who's jumping to conclusions, exactly?

And it was not an attack directed at David as a person. It was directed at the fact that it just generally seems that the focus is adding abilities that have low priority or upgrading them.

u just turned this into demonization
For some reason having 1 sassy reply means I demonized you, okay lmao. Please learn what demonization means.

u demonizing him over a profile that has no significance, even if it was accepted, is pretty hilarious.
I called out the unnecessary addition to her profile, that is all. The extra abilities given by that weapon on her page would be useless.

In any case, I'd rather not say anything more since you just have it out for me in general and this site is not an appropriate place to elaborate.

If you need to wrap up the thread, I called some mods, I don't know if they're going to answer, though.

For some reason having 1 sassy reply means I demonized you, okay lmao. Please learn what demonization means.

I didn't say to me. You've been "sassy" the whole time to David not me. I wasnt rly involved. But let's stop and not fight again here, please.
I understand u got upset bc Goh means a lot to u but it's just a character in a fictional series having or not having some insignificant thing. Let's move on.

I've discussed this thread privately with Karma, and I find myself agreeing far more with her stance on the current issues. Mira shouldn't have the Kaleidoscope on her profile; it's never, ever been shown as a thing she's capable of accessing.

Besides that, I don't really have an opinion on this CRT, outside of the fact that it could be much better organized.

Besides that, I don't really have an opinion on this CRT, outside of the fact that it could be much better organized.
Hey I'm trying my best
spongebob-squarepants-tired.png

Idk what he's on about, given you're busy most of the time, its pretty well organized
I mean, it could definitely be better. But I think that will come with experience. I just recently learned how to use the spoilers feature to make the threads easier to navigate

@DavidTPPM due to the new standard change on what layered hax is, any old verses that had layered hax needs it to be evaluated, hence why the evaluation thread exists in the first place, so you're gonna need to run it in the layered hax thread to be safe since it's still open.

@DavidTPPM due to the new standard change on what layered hax is, any old verses that had layered hax needs it to be evaluated, hence why the evaluation thread exists in the first place, so you're gonna need to run it in the layered hax thread to be safe since it's still open.
spongebob-squarepants-tired.png

What about the rest of the changes

Okay so I asked for the hax layer evaluations in the designed thread and Kaleidoscope is really not worth waiting for another staff member. For now I'll just add the accepted changes.
I'll add the hax layers later when they get evaluated in the HLE thread and maybe add Kaleidoscope to another thread if I ever feel like it's worth bringing up in the future.

Okay so I asked for the hax layer evaluations in the designed thread and Kaleidoscope is really not worth waiting for another staff member. For now I'll just add the accepted changes.
I'll add the hax layers later when they get evaluated in the HLE thread and maybe add Kaleidoscope to another thread if I ever feel like it's worth bringing up in the future.
Changes applied (still waiting for layer evaluations), this can be closed now.

At least I didn't had to learn how to add optional equipment (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back