• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2-C Upgrade for StarCraft's Amon and Sarah Kerrigan (Xel'Naga form)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Kuwabara seems to make sense.

That call game mechanics as there are no amount of Titan XP will sufficient to support million of carrier in one map. and the fact is kerrigan help them to defeat amon forces when amon face them directly.

also example that one character who is literally one with the blade? he say hi.

We will have to agree to disagree on the first part. On the second, what do you mean? Amon either summoned pre-existing Void creatures or mind-controlled armies. He never personally made constructs and has not shown to possess that ability, unless I missed something during the campaign.

I Mean you cant be serius to want blizzard to somehow summon millions of carrier, battlecruiser,ultralisk, and constructs in one or two map to prove amon stats, which blizzard dont need to as kerrigan help zerg,terran,protoss army to fight amon army.

You guys are right that Kerrigan was there to support them and that was the major factor in the battle. Artanis said in the battle that if it was just the Terran/Zerg/Protoss facing Amon, it would not be enough as "(Amon's) power is too great in this realm (the Void)."

The part that I'm having trouble with is that the Terran/Zerg/Protoss were needed in the first place. Not Jim Sterling, you're right in that it would be impossible to have a billion Arkships on screen (or just one - they are 74km in length!). But if Amon was a universe-level entity, he should have been able to conjure a force of greater power than what he did. I got the impression that, although they had Kerrigan's aid, the Allied forces were of some use and held their ground against Amon's constructs.

Assaltwaffle, Amon used Void Chasms to spawn Void Shades/Shadows of the Void. These Void Shades resembled Terran, Zerg and Protoss units. I was also under the impression that Amon made the Void constructs, as they were allied with him.

Because that is their own cause as well, I mean do you really think people like jim will left kerrigan alone? he don't even want to let kerrigan to become xel naga despite knowing its the only way to defeat amon, also more like what? you want him to summon more to the point everyone need to be grandmaster or peak korean in order to beat the game? Its game mechanics do you play Hots? all of the mission(except for one) is easy despite it clearly not an easy war for kerrigan.

I'm more thinking about it as a story, rather than game mechanics. If Kerrigan and Amon were universe-level entities, the other forces wouldn't matter. But, from a story-based perspective, the Allied forces were essential to the battle. Amon even took shots at them himself (he was in a weakened condition, so it was an effort on his behalf), story-wise.

which forces? amon one(which kerrigan help to defeat) or kerrigan alliance? which people like jim still want to fight amon without kerrigan become xel'naga despite knowing that there are no other way?

^ I was referring to the Allied Forces. And yeah, the Allied forces would have still fought, even if they were completely useless. Without Kerrigan, they would have been completely useless, as nothing they had could hurt Amon, including the Spear of Adun.

But I got the impression that they contributed in a meaningful way towards the outcome of the battle. They launched attacks against the Void Crystals protecting Amon, directly combatted the Void Shades that Amon made and they came under direct fire from Amon himself. If Amon was at universe-destroying levels of power, they shouldn't have contributed at all.

But I got the impression that they contributed in a meaningful way towards the outcome of the battle. They launched attacks against the Void Crystals protecting Amon, directly combatted the Void Shades that Amon made and they came under direct fire from Amon himself. If Amon was at universe-destroying levels of power, all of that wouldn't happen.

Its game mechanic because kerrigan will help them and if she not they will be failed as you cant beat the mission by doing nothing even at lowest difficulty, also many of kerrigan ability passive or not is literally to enchant her army power.

I see what you're saying - everything that happens inside a mission should be judged carefully, as it could be a case of game mechanics, that could contradict the story. I don't think anything I listed there happened outside of the story.

Kerrigan defintely did the majority of the fighting, but Amon did view the threat from the Allied forces to be sufficient enough to attack them directly. That happened in a cutscene too. The Allied forces could destroy the only thing protecting Amon from Kerrigan's wrath and Amon's conjured forces were not sufficient to completely overwhelm the Allied forces. That is just one of the reasons I personally find it difficult to believe Amon is at universe-destroying levels.

I've probably said all I can say without repeating myself. It been a pleasure speaking to you all.

I still try to understand these amon army cant completely overwhelm the Allied forces when kerrigan help them to do so and she some of her power help them to survive longer and To be honest the difference between High 7-A to planet lv is so far it doesn't matter if he only planet level as normaly they will still do nothing to him.

During a cinematic cutscene of StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void, Ouros, an ancient Xel'Naga, informs the protagonists that he is against Amon. He also states that Amon is one with the Void (which is an entirely separate universe, completely disconnected from the standard material universe) and that it is an extension of his will. This would put Amon's True Form at Low 2-C after he takes full control of the Void, which occurs after the war of the Xel'Naga, would it not?

Sarah then combines with Ouros, and subsequently kills Amon. Although not explicitly stated, it is implied that Kerrigan also destroyed the Void along with Amon, and this connection furthers that.

Opinions? Is this a sufficient feat to move Amon and Kerrigan to Low 2-C? I know this is a big jump from their previous placements, and that Tier 2s are locked, which are some of the reasons I am asking for opinions in this before jumping to conclusions.

Edit: Concluded. Low 2-C upgrade replaced with 3-A upgrade.

where was it stated that the Void is like a universe?

EDIT: Sorry if you already answered that, did not have time to read the entire thread of all replies

Last edited:
Since this was an almost 6 years old thread, I have closed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back