• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2-C Tournament Round 1: Match 6 (Sonic the Hedgehog VS Sakuya Izayoi)

Giving continuation to the brackets, as Scourge VS Marisa ended up not very long ago.

Conditions:​

darkspine_sonic_render__aura_alt__by_nibroc_rock_dadsvjv-fullview.png
466-4666676_izayoi-sakuya-drawn-by-dairi-sakuya-izayoi-hd.png

Some Hedgehog with just rage: 1

Scarlet Maid: 7

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Sakuya's time manipulation can affect characters who already resist time manipulation, so in order for Sonic to resist Sakuya's hax he'd need to have resisted time manipulation that bypasses one 'layer' of resistance, which I don't think he has.

Idk how else to explain it, sorry.

Sakuya's time manipulation can affect characters who already resist time manipulation, so in order for Sonic to resist Sakuya's hax he'd need to have resisted time manipulation that bypasses one 'layer' of resistance, which I don't think he has.
I'm pretty sure that Sonic has a bunch of time stop resistance feats, and they tend to be better than what he had during the OG classic era by some layers amount.

Can he resist time stops that can affect characters that already have some degree of time resistance though?

His newer resistances being 'better' than his old ones is impossible to quantify.

For now I'm going with Sakuya since I'm pretty sure Sonic can't do anything about her time manipulation, and Sakuya's scaling chain is further above baseline L2-C than Sonic.

Darkspike AP is being superior to Alfa Lawla Laya I can't ******* remember his name, who's Low 2-C just by existing, so they're around even in AP.

Sonic can get stronger through rage power if that even makes a difference here. (which should, since Saku would need to find ways to incap him first)

Aaand this is starting to feel like a "Who strikes first?" situation. This version of Sonic leads with reality warping, which he can do with a simple hand gesture, but since Sakuya isn't restricted by spell card rules and since it seems like Sonic doesn't have layered resistance to time fuckery, nothing's really stopping her from stopping time for as long as she wants and throwing a fuckton of knives at him.

i hate arguing for two characters that i like ;_;

TBF, the reason he didn't use it for the get go is that he needed to beat up Erazor to remove the World Rings from him (also because he wanted to murder him for being Erazor) so he didn't **** reality again after he fixed it, Sakuya doesn't have reality fuckery powers so he's more likely to lead with it.

Could've sworn he leads with reality warping in this key, oh well. His ressurection doesn't matter much, as Sakuya can just continue stopping time if he comes back, and he can't spam it since it requires him to waste soul energy.

What would Speed Break do, exactly? It's just a speed amp that increases his speed for an unknown amount, which still won't do anything to Sakuya's thought-based time hax. Did you mean to say Time Break? I mean, that ability wouldn't work either, since Sakuya resists time manipulation already.

Back